Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier FVSL Premier League 2002/2003.

Who will win the FVSL Premier league?

• Peace Arch United

Votes: 38 37.3%
  • Poco City Dominion

Votes: 17 16.7%
  • Golden Ears United

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • Surrey City Pegasus

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Langley Thunder

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Chilliwack FC

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • GN Sporting

Votes: 16 15.7%
  • North Delta United

Votes: 5 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Try flushing yourself and see which way you rotate!!

Another broken leg, and I'll be as slow as you....but not as ugly!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guru, shall I start a Division 4 thread?

GEU to predict great things but will manage to find a way to fall short again
I think that you will be pleasantly surprised. We've made four additions, all of which improve the club. Robbie Mills has signed on to play net. Paul Trustam will help in the back for sure. Mills' brother will definetley help the situation up front, and there is some Justin guy we've signed from Club Argentina who will also help out up front. Goals were the big factor last year. Not enough for, and too many weak ones against. The tide is turning in the FVSL Premiership. GEU starts singing September 7th. You still in town Bored?

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tides Turning - Don't think so!

I will indeed be in town for all of September, hopefully I can get in a game or two (premier or cat)

I hope that GEU does improve because they will need to if they want to get to the top teir with PAU and Poco. I think GEU will finish in third/fourth fighting all the way with Delta.

Sounds like PAU has improved but I think that the biggest improvement will be with Poco. They played alright last year but had a lot to get over and then petered out. Its too bad that I can't be a part of it(maybe that's the biggest improvement).

Poco will be playing the system like it is supposed to be and the increased competition in training should show on the field. Poco will win the league and trounce everyone in the Cat Div.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure Regs. I shall look into it.

Mark my words Bored. The tide is hi..........um, turning.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Justin

I thought that Justin was the big defender?

thetidedoesn'tturninapuddle(thirdplaceatbest)

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Tides Turning - Don't think so!

Besides Jack the Lad, what other additions have you made? Logan still between the pipes? Anyone on defence under 30? You say younger guys are coming up? Who? From where? Disclose Bored or you will be damned to hell! We will hopefully improve on last years disappointment.

Originally posted by bored
I will indeed be in town for all of September, hopefully I can get in a game or two (premier or cat)

I hope that GEU does improve because they will need to if they want to get to the top teir with PAU and Poco. I think GEU will finish in third/fourth fighting all the way with Delta.

Sounds like PAU has improved but I think that the biggest improvement will be with Poco. They played alright last year but had a lot to get over and then petered out. Its too bad that I can't be a part of it(maybe that's the biggest improvement).

Poco will be playing the system like it is supposed to be and the increased competition in training should show on the field. Poco will win the league and trounce everyone in the Cat Div.
:D :D

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Justin

Justin is a solid bald dude with lots of offence, he played in all three positions for Argentina(d-fence,mid and striker) He has not signed on dotted line yet but it looks like he will friday at training.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
POCO

Logan is still between the pipes. Most of the core is returning. JTL has signed and Jason Kirby is healthy, had a very tough year, health wise and still managed to lead the league in goals. Those two are the best finishers in the league.

There are a few new young players that will be playing, good additions. As well there are a few guys that played in Div one that have been good Premier players in the past - Jay Mickinon(sp?) and Tupper. Tupper may not be as good as Bryn but he may be a little fitter. A new coach and the Cat system run properly should have everyone fighting for spots.

Skytrain has been training for a tri-atha-lon so he could be the fittest player in the league this year.

beercandymorebeer=triathalon

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco coach

The poco coach is a very knowledgeable individual who knows how to deal with individuals as well as groups of players. This is his first year coaching, but should be a very successful one.

JTL

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco Coach....

Hey Jack:

How does the new Poco coach deal with his star striker and the minimal conditions like:

Jack don't train!
Jack don't play on turf!
Jack the Chiro requires all players to sign up for the basic, intermediate and advanced preventative chiro treatments?

Aren't you guys moving ALL home games to the new turf field at Reeves (now Gates) Park?;) ;)

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
what happened too

Originally posted by TheRob
I think that you will be pleasantly surprised. We've made four additions, all of which improve the club. Robbie Mills has signed on to play net.

Rob, what happened to your goalie {blonde hair} that played all season, only to watch from the sidelines in the most important game of the season {vs delta}. At the time it seemed odd, but Dinno came in between the pipes and played great {maybe geu player of the match}.Since Mills signed, what happens to him?{blonde guy}. What about Dinno, is he playing out or did he go and play net somewhere else?

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Bin Madden sir? It's TheRob. Thank you.

Dean will battle Mills for the starting job all year. In early training to be brutally honest with you, you being the new Poco coach and all;), Dean has totally out performed Millsy. As for Ian, he hasn't been seen or heard of since our first tryout. I have no idea what is happening with him. Might be better off asking Cainy. He may have seen him at some of the FVSL All Star training sessions.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mills

Originally posted by TheRob
Mr. Bin Madden sir? It's TheRob. Thank you.

Dean will battle Mills for the starting job all year. In early training to be brutally honest with you, you being the new Poco coach and all;), Dean has totally out performed Millsy. As for Ian, he hasn't been seen or heard of since our first tryout. I have no idea what is happening with him. Might be better off asking Cainy. He may have seen him at some of the FVSL All Star training sessions.

With all due respect TheRob, Mills is top class and Dean is also a good keeper, however, if we where in a tight cup game my money is with Mills. Training is where you get in shape and work on tactical play. Proved it game after game and almost led Townsend park to an upset over Metro Ford. Lost in PK's.:D

Jul 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Geu was second in scoring last year...45 goals for......The Geu keeper was chosen as an all star.....If you're going to point fingers for the cause of the lack luster season......I wouldn't start with the strikers or the keeper. I think everyone can agree they could have scored more goals last year and shouldn't have let so many in.....when you have a few teams thay are fairly equal.....LUCK plays a big part.....It is too bad about alouette droping out.....Anyway...it should be a good year.. I for one am looking forward to it.

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by star #1
hey is there any truth to three premier teams dropping out of the league, one of them being delta?

I heard from a very good authority and had it confirmed that there will only be 8 premier teams this year. Surrey United and Aldergrove will not be premier this year. On another note Langley Thunder will have a Cat team, and from what I saw will not be very strong at all.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
thanks demolition, but then delta is still in premier this year or no?... because i heard that they were going up to second division vancouver metro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0