Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL] Premier 2021/2022 Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoAdrian

Sep 26, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just read that their striker (A), who also coaches them(B) in league play, scored 7 goals in 2 games??

Hello to dad of the year
,Mr Hildebrant, Connor’s dad, or I should say (Utah): say what you will about the FVSL - pretty easy to see some issues. However, to go and claim that a guy who’s led the league he’s played in goals since he’s come to Vancouver after a pro career is benefiting off of preferential treatment from his team isn’t onside (you’d know a lot about being offside). For the record, I believe the Golden boot runner up from Abby scored 5 goals against a team that Tigers A and the striker you keep referring to (and all other teams ) didn’t play against in the league. The same team that was considered so poor that FVSL had to pull them out of the league. This online troll behaviour from this tandem is the real crock o shite. I didn’t see Abby guy on the goal scorer list against FCT? Look, I’m sure if you really want the golden boot badly enough, you can ask him for it. I’m sure he’s got more things than an FVSL golden boot to look at at home.
Best regards.
Can someone teach the motorboaterofliberty what a fkuckin paragraph is?

Christ, that was a tough read mate.

Now onto something relevant, with the league finally wrapped up, how many of these teams in the current division will still be there come September?

VWFC (gone), FCT Academy (Surely has to go..), Faly A (most likely leaving for various reasons), Microfootie (for the love of god I hope they’re gone just for having an awful name), TWU & Surrey Royals (gone, until they decide to join mid season which is deemed acceptable)

That potentially leaves a “premier” division consisting of SUSC, Abby, Langley U and Tigers.

Amazing.

Mortoperlaliberta

Oct 27, 2020
Tokens
Dirty Money

Now onto something relevant, with the league finally wrapped up, how many of these teams in the current division will still be there come September?

VWFC (gone), FCT Academy (Surely has to go..), Faly A (most likely leaving for various reasons), Microfootie (for the love of god I hope they’re gone just for having an awful name), TWU & Surrey Royals (gone, until they decide to join mid season which is deemed acceptable)

That potentially leaves a “premier” division consisting of SUSC, Abby, Langley U and Tigers.

Amazing.
lol

Spankmemanky

Apr 18, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money

Amazing.
Laliberta Twat o the day lads??

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

Amazing.
I can't believe I am going to be the one to qualify this and say things are not completely f*cked in the FVSL. I feel like an old CIA/KGB agent longing for the Cold War days here...

So you have got the 4 teams you mentioned (SU, Langley, Abby, Tigers). Any of whom, by the way, could have applied to get into the VMSL Div. 1 but opted to stay, so there must be something they like about the league...

Those are three FVSL "mainstay"/"foundation" clubs and then Tigers, who essentially just swapped leagues with Coastal and it is tough to argue they are not a quality addition to FVSL Premier, at least on the field anyway.

Back to the team set up though:

Then there is Tzeachten (aka Chilliwack) coming up after walking Div. 1 - another FVSL mainstay/foundation over the years who are now back in the top flight.

Whitecaps are a wildcard. I heard rumours they had committed to a minimum of two seasons in the FVSL. That said, no idea how enforceable something like that would be. Obviously there has been some hiccups with the team not wanting to travel, etc., and now Whitecaps have new priorities with MLS Next and BCL1, so maybe they walk away from the FVSL. Tough to predict.

Faly are similar. I am not sure they have loved the FVSL setup. I hear they have made many complaints to the league about the physicality of the league, the refereeing, the various administrative misgivings and fines, etc. etc. They have BCL1 on the horizon, so maybe they put all their focus there (not sure how much less physical/better refereeing they will get there - especially if they end up being the league whipping boys for the 3.5 USports teams in the division, plus Whitecaps and TSS, but, hey, maybe it all works out).

Based on the current structure - Micro Footie and FCT Academy are battling to stave off relegation. Assuming they "stay up" no reason not to think Micro would not be back, where else are they going to play?

FCT is obviously different given the player sharing currently happening. However, assuming that has to stop next season (and of course assumptions are often rather foolish when it comes to the FVSL...) there may exist a world where they could stay in the top flight as an autonomous entity.

Rumour I heard was that Trinity and Surrey Royals (Douglas College) were slated to be full time in FVSL Prem starting in Sept. 2022. TWU has a strong B team in FVSL Div. 1 and that could likely carry them to the end of the USports season in November. I think they have seen this model working for UBC in the VMSL (under "VUFC") and are intrigued. That said, I have heard that things may have cooled on this front since TWU joined in for these mid-week matches, so possibly waiting to see how BCL1 plays out before making any decisions.

Similarly, Surrey Royals were supposed to be all keen to join FVSL Premier in the fall. However, they have not exactly been lighting up their mid-week tussles since they started doing those pre-Xmas. Perhaps that has given them pause on joining full time, especially if their main roster will not be available until after the CCAA season and they do not have a reserve side. On the other hand, there is the rumour that Pegasus may be merging into this Surrey FC entity and leaving the VMSL, especially if they were to get relegated. So perhaps it is stay tuned on this front...

In summary:

The league has 5 teams (or 4.5 if Chilliwack is still mediocre) that are fairly established and reliable. They miss Port Moody here to get them to 6, but, otherwise, this is more or less status quo. If they can pick up TWU on a full time basis, that would likely be a solid add. Douglas/Surrey Royals has that potential as well if the Peg rumours prove true.

Beyond that, the league has always had some randoms - Burnaby Firefighters limped around for a few seasons, Greater Vancouver United spent the better part of 5 seasons as punching bags, and there were those loudmouths from CCB that are now struggling to get out of Div. 3 in the VMSL. So are Micro Footie, FCT Academy (leaving aside the off field player sharing/corruption allegations - but just in terms of on field product), etc. all that different?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't believe I am going to be the one to qualify this and say things are not completely f*cked in the FVSL. I feel like an old CIA/KGB agent longing for the Cold War days here...

So you have got the 4 teams you mentioned (SU, Langley, Abby, Tigers). Any of whom, by the way, could have applied to get into the VMSL Div. 1 but opted to stay, so there must be something they like about the league...

Those are three FVSL "mainstay"/"foundation" clubs and then Tigers, who essentially just swapped leagues with Coastal and it is tough to argue they are not a quality addition to FVSL Premier, at least on the field anyway.

Back to the team set up though:

Then there is Tzeachten (aka Chilliwack) coming up after walking Div. 1 - another FVSL mainstay/foundation over the years who are now back in the top flight.

Whitecaps are a wildcard. I heard rumours they had committed to a minimum of two seasons in the FVSL. That said, no idea how enforceable something like that would be. Obviously there has been some hiccups with the team not wanting to travel, etc., and now Whitecaps have new priorities with MLS Next and BCL1, so maybe they walk away from the FVSL. Tough to predict.

Faly are similar. I am not sure they have loved the FVSL setup. I hear they have made many complaints to the league about the physicality of the league, the refereeing, the various administrative misgivings and fines, etc. etc. They have BCL1 on the horizon, so maybe they put all their focus there (not sure how much less physical/better refereeing they will get there - especially if they end up being the league whipping boys for the 3.5 USports teams in the division, plus Whitecaps and TSS, but, hey, maybe it all works out).

Based on the current structure - Micro Footie and FCT Academy are battling to stave off relegation. Assuming they "stay up" no reason not to think Micro would not be back, where else are they going to play?

FCT is obviously different given the player sharing currently happening. However, assuming that has to stop next season (and of course assumptions are often rather foolish when it comes to the FVSL...) there may exist a world where they could stay in the top flight as an autonomous entity.

Rumour I heard was that Trinity and Surrey Royals (Douglas College) were slated to be full time in FVSL Prem starting in Sept. 2022. TWU has a strong B team in FVSL Div. 1 and that could likely carry them to the end of the USports season in November. I think they have seen this model working for UBC in the VMSL (under "VUFC") and are intrigued. That said, I have heard that things may have cooled on this front since TWU joined in for these mid-week matches, so possibly waiting to see how BCL1 plays out before making any decisions.

Similarly, Surrey Royals were supposed to be all keen to join FVSL Premier in the fall. However, they have not exactly been lighting up their mid-week tussles since they started doing those pre-Xmas. Perhaps that has given them pause on joining full time, especially if their main roster will not be available until after the CCAA season and they do not have a reserve side. On the other hand, there is the rumour that Pegasus may be merging into this Surrey FC entity and leaving the VMSL, especially if they were to get relegated. So perhaps it is stay tuned on this front...

In summary:

The league has 5 teams (or 4.5 if Chilliwack is still mediocre) that are fairly established and reliable. They miss Port Moody here to get them to 6, but, otherwise, this is more or less status quo. If they can pick up TWU on a full time basis, that would likely be a solid add. Douglas/Surrey Royals has that potential as well if the Peg rumours prove true.

Beyond that, the league has always had some randoms - Burnaby Firefighters limped around for a few seasons, Greater Vancouver United spent the better part of 5 seasons as punching bags, and there were those loudmouths from CCB that are now struggling to get out of Div. 3 in the VMSL. So are Micro Footie, FCT Academy (leaving aside the off field player sharing/corruption allegations - but just in terms of on field product), etc. all that different?
LOL.

Put a fork in it.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
For those who love the torture of a good TLDR - here is a Part 2 about how the league could potentially improve...

It would take a few seasons, but if you look at what makes the VMSL so successful, the league has long needed a competitive Division 1. What makes a really competitive Division 1 is "A" teams vying for promotion. Sure, there is room for a handful of B teams or Div. 1 "stalwarts", but you need teams fighting to get up.

Ideally, these would be more FVSL "mainstay"/"foundation" teams. If you look at Division 2 there are a number of clubs that would fit this bill, all having competitive seasons at that level:

Mission
Ridge Meadows
North Surrey Mustangs
Coastal

To a lesser extent PoCo and Aldergrove.

This is the strength of the FVSL - these established clubs. If you combined those six with six existing Div. 1 teams (ND NEWWAY, TSS, Surrey B, PoMo Piranhas, Langley B, Tigers B) you could end up with a good competitive division that could push the league forward.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It would take a few seasons, but if you look at what makes the VMSL so successful, the league has long needed a competitive Division 1. What makes a really competitive Division 1 is "A" teams vying for promotion. Sure, there is room for a handful of B teams or Div. 1 "stalwarts", but you need teams fighting to get up.
LOL, pretty sure those are shots fired @Rangerforever @coach

Sandbaggers United

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
valley is dead full stop. Premier division, master premier. Shambles. The war is over. It’s a beer league and nothing is wrong with that. Anyone who wants better should be heading to the VMSL now. It’s no longer really a discussion. Sure the Tigers could win provincials but I don’t understand why anyone serious about playing would be in the valley. The competition just isn’t there.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For those who love the torture of a good TLDR - here is a Part 2 about how the league could potentially improve...

Ideally, these would be more FVSL "mainstay"/"foundation" teams. If you look at Division 2 there are a number of clubs that would fit this bill, all having competitive seasons at that level:

Mission
Ridge Meadows
North Surrey Mustangs
Coastal

To a lesser extent PoCo and Aldergrove.

This is the strength of the FVSL - these established clubs. If you combined those six with six existing Div. 1 teams (ND NEWWAY, TSS, Surrey B, PoMo Piranhas, Langley B, Tigers B) you could end up with a good competitive division that could push the league forward.
Again, see "Fork", stick in FVSL.

People have been saying the exact same thing for years. Sure, you could blame @Rangerforever and @coach for this, but surely the statute of limitations on that had to run out after 10 years from them first fcuking up the league, no?

It's been YEARS of the inmates running the asylum on the Pro/Rel front....way too many. Besides, two of those four clubs, arguably the relationship was torpedoed w/ a certain rathe large begged individual's shenanigans. And North Surrey? A Mainstay? Come on.

Anyways, see above re: Fork.

BigBadRedBull16

Jan 31, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
Declining any potential trickle down spot to Provincials?

If so, that is not the best look for the club or the league...

Bigger issue would be the league losing SU altogether. If so a very sad day for a once storied program.
In all honesty out of respect to the people who were removed I don’t want to comment on what happened. They’re great people themselves. No need to slander them or bad mouth anyone. The program is in a bad spot right now for a variety of reasons, pretty obvious when the record is clearly a losing record. Unfortunate to see the great history of the club and the “firefighters” not being held to the same regard as it was in the past. I agree. MF passing clearly took a toll on this program. Mad respect to those who tried to match the level of success he had. I know SU has nothing but good intentions moving forward to improve the program.

Everyone is quick to jump on teams, clubs and players when they’re unsuccessful. The players, coaches and staff are all human. Human reactions, mistakes and choices made weekly.

I actually envy a lot of the current “powerhouses” there are some great teams out there with great players and great staff involved. As much as you want to “take the piss” you have to respect their success. But also remember that there is a possibility you also may be in the same spot one day. I recommend just taking it all in when you can… live it, enjoy it and be in the moment.

As for provincials for SU… IF the possibility of playing provincials is a reality… end of the day it’s up to the current players what they chose to do. I very much doubt 20-25 players on any team wouldn’t be salivating at the mouth for a chance to play. Atleast I know I would be if I was capable of the opportunity to play at that level in that competition…

Side note: no I am not the head coach currently. Team staff is on the web page

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The change in SU happened a couple of weeks ago I'm told and to be fair, the squad won their first 2 games under new staff before imploding the last 2 games.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Very sad what has happened to this league. Who even knows what's happening at SU, but you'd have to think there is some serious buyers remorse in flipping back the the FVSL. When they did, things seemed on the up&up, but now?

Will they even be relegated or simply tear up the plans and rebuild w/ in the VMSL? I think they still have teams in the VMSL they could use to populate and start growing through promotion, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0