Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL] Premier 2021/2022 Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another question....can both FC Tigers Premier teams call up from Div. 1? I assume yes, if they are indeed also being allowed to share players between the two premier teams. Again, 3rd party info on the second, take it for what it's worth.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
still waiting for the big reveal from @The Charismatic Enigma

Bored Daily Show GIF by CTV Comedy Channel

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's see if we can't short circuit this a little bit...

If you fancy waiting for another episode from @The Charismatic Enigma then: WARNING Spoilers Below.

If you are more the binge watching, "give it to me all now type" then here is my basic understanding of the situation.

Coming into the season, the FVSL Premier Division was looking to expand, having lined up Whitecaps U19 and provided safe harbour for FC Tigers. The league also took a chance on academy sides Faly and Premier. It looked as though the league might be growing to ten teams, however, they suddenly found themselves in a position of needing to replace a cornerstone when Coastal had the chance to jump to the VMSL. Enter Micro-Footie Academy. Additionally, the Chilliwack FC Premier side disassociated from the club and rebranded as Tzeacten FC, opting to step down to Division 1 to find their feet and Greater Vancouver, after several seasons of being the division's whipping boys, packed up shop and headed for Division 2.

So eight teams - three established FVSL sides in Abby, SU and Langley plus five newcomers, three of which were unproved academy sides. Micro Footie have a beast of a forward in Mawuena Mallet and his seven goals have helped MFA at least keep their heads above water, if only just barely, with ten points on the season. Faly are clearly the best of the academy teams as the former U21 Provincial Champions gear up to launching "Altitude FC" in L1BC. Their technical play is at a decent level and if opposing teams do not bring their A-games, Faly are liable to poach some, if not all, of the points.

That leaves Premier Academy, and it quickly became apparent that this was a step too far for this group. Having entered two teams in the league, they realized early on that it was beyond them and bailed out of Prem post haste. Their consolidated group in Division 1 has struggled mightily, perhaps giving an indication of just how much more Premier bit off than it could chew.

Before chaos could completely set in, Metro Athletic FC entered the picture. The logistics of it all seem rather strange, but control of the Premier Academy FVSL spot transferred to MAFC upper management. The club now needed to fill this newly acquired team with players, thus, enter everyone's favourite Ultra League side - Playaz in Paris.

Evidently their were grand promises of resources and dreams of dominating both VMSL and FVSL. However, it was all perhaps a bit too short-sighted. Having finally made it up to VMSL Premier just before the pandemic began, MAFC looked to have become a powerhouse when they picked up the pieces following FC Tigers divorce from Rino's. Instead, that relationship was short lived, spanning only the length of the pandemic shortened 2020-21 campaign. With Tigers out of the picture, MAFC were all but certainly in for a relegation battle in their first true VMSL top flight season, so the idea that they had extra players and resources to spare was surely somewhat fanciful.

Still, the deal was struck and it did not take long for MAFC to realize they were stretched too thin. They bailed. Maybe it truly was their grand plan all along to try and simply poach players from Playaz in Paris and take them to their VMSL team, although this seems quite an elaborate way to go about doing something like that. Perhaps they truly thought they could run the two teams before coming to grips with their reality in the VMSL. Whatever the case, it did not work, so MAFC receded into the abyss from an FVSL perspective, and Playaz in Paris remained on something of an island.

Enter the fabled Dr. Mohammed of FC Tigers. Having moved his prized possession to the FVSL, he has somewhat of an overt interest in the league at least maintaining the appearance of a top amateur league in Canada. Having the Whitecaps brand involved certainly helps, but, in actuality, the FVSL is clearly, at this time, not at the calibre of the VMSL, the league from which Tigers just packed up and left. You can point to all the initiatives you want about young players being developed in these academy sides with the potential to go on to bigger and better things, the various partnerships with L1BC entities, etc. etc. The reality, though, is that having the league drop from eight teams to seven mid-season is far from an ideal look.

So the Good Doctor swoops in and rescues the former Premier Academy spot, not so subtly rebranding it as "FCT Academy". In order to do this, though, Tigers need to put players on the roster. Irrespective of what they were or were not promised, it is clear that the Playaz in Paris squad simply could not cut it at the top level in the FVSL. Therefore, Tigers would need to stock the team with their own bodies, thus, a deal is struck with the FVSL to allow Tigers to treat FCT Academy as their de facto "B-Team" - allowing player sharing between the two sides. This makes playing on the Tigers "B-Team" much more, attractive allowing FCT Academy to essentially serve as an elongated bench for the A squad. Players are regularly popping up on both Premier teams, much to the chagrin of at least one fellow competitor who attempted to file a protest based on player sharing between the sides, only to be rebuffed by the league based on the reason that this was an ad hoc exception for this season only in order sustain the eight team top flight.

With their B-Team now ostensibly in Premier, FC Tigers had less need for their Division 1 side. This aligned nicely with the fact that the majority of the Playaz in Paris squad could not cut it in Premier, and, therefore, Playaz were essentially bumped down on mass to Division 1. Not what they had bargained for, sure, but, in all honesty, still a decent jump up the ladder for a team that had been playing in the "Ultra League". However, there appears to be a further twist in the tail.

The thinking inside the FC Tigers camp appears to have changed once again. It now looks as though Playaz et al have been dropped down to the FC Tigers spot in Division 2. Tough to say what brought this about, but, to hazard a guess, one assumes that from a branding standpoint FC Tigers want control of their top three spots. Additionally, the FC Tigers C Division 2 spot has clearly been an afterthought this season, toiling in last place.

This latest change of status would appear to have been the tipping point for Playaz, and triggered this airing of grievances. Again, is an FVSL Division 2 spot a slap in the face for a side that was formerly playing in the Ultra League? I suppose the results will tell, but I would be willing to guess not. As for being betrayed by "snakes and tigers", tough to have too much sympathy for those who go willingly...

Still, quite the drama. I am sure I might be missing a few pieces, but, more or less I think this about covers it.

YoAdrian

Sep 26, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wait. 2 teams in the same division are sharing players? Is it simply a matter of league survival over league integrity? On the surface, I would say dropping to 7 teams would be the lessor of 2 evils.

No?
League integrity or league survival or not, surely BC Soccer can’t allow a league to break its own rules and charters for a “this season only, spit n handshake agreement” no? Or is BC Soccer just around to make shitty L1BC entry vids ?

Dec 15, 2021
Tokens
Dirty Money
League integrity or league survival or not, surely BC Soccer can’t allow a league to break its own rules and charters for a “this season only, spit n handshake agreement” no? Or is BC Soccer just around to make shitty L1BC entry vids ?
BC Soccer should absolutely take action for the shenanigans that have went on this season. I look forward to them punishing the appropriate personnel.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Harsh.

The song BC Soccer uses for intro is upbeat and jazzy. You just don't know good music.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just because we can put a golden chain around your neck and you can stunt double for Mini Me doesn’t make you an authority on those fine, fine tunes.

mini GIF

YoAdrian

Sep 26, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just because we can put a golden chain around your neck and you can stunt double for Mini Me doesn’t make you an authority on those fine, fine tunes.

mini GIF
Said as you parade around Whistler village with your Walkman playing those fine fine tunes in search of a quaint cafe to order the freshest available vegan non dairy 3 cheese quiche and a side of quinoa to elegantly pair with a fine glass of white Zinfandel. You whistlerites think you’re gods gift to man don’t you.
Nick Schonert Coffee GIF by Worcester Warriors

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Said as you parade around Whistler village with your Walkman playing those fine fine tunes in search of a quaint cafe to order the freshest available vegan non dairy 3 cheese quiche and a side of quinoa to elegantly pair with a fine glass of white Zinfandel. You whistlerites think you’re gods gift to man don’t you.
Nick Schonert Coffee GIF by Worcester Warriors
Affirmative.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On a related topic.

A little birdy recently told me that a recent transfer into Tigers was promised premier minutes on both of their squads.

Given this is third party, I'm sure it can't be true. I mean, that'd theoretically make it possible for someone on the Tigers to be chasing the Golden Boot with the ability to play on two squads.

Most recent standings: https://fraservalleysoccer.spappz.c...=2022&division=fdivprem&sched_type=&combined=

Tigers definitely the class of the league right now; even if Abby capture all the point available with the un-played games, they'd still be 27 to Tigers 31 points. Tigers sporting a low GA....

Golden Boot Race: https://www.fraservalleysoccer.com/goldenboot.php

FARIVAR TORABI (Tigers) leading the way with 11 after 12 games played.
Mini Me (Abby) sitting second w/ 10 after 8 games played.
Interestingly, a bunch of FCT players sitting at 5.

Again, in theory....common sense would say that if @YoAdrian gets his matches and keeps scoring at the rate he is, the Golden Boot is within reach moreso for him than anyone, but now that Tigers players can get time on two squads, what does this mean for the top of the race? Will we be finding out that Torabi was able to get minutes on FCT against one of the league punching bags? To be clear, I'm not calling out the player....he has a set of rules and guidelines provided by the league to follow. Should he seek out and receive extra minutes on FCT, he's not cheating.

All of this is just such a bad look for the league. If true.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surely any goals scored for FCT would be listed under a separate line?

Ie all the players on the list are listed next to their teams. So theoretically, in your scenario, a player could appear twice on the list, but those totals would be separated, not added together.

Also, I very much doubt the "player" you have been tipped off about is Torabi. Can't see him doing double duty.

If I had to guess, I would venture the player to be Huty Mohiddin. He left Inter's Prem team to join Tigers and already has goals for both Tigers A and FCT Academy.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also, I very much doubt the "player" you have been tipped off about is Torabi. Can't see him doing double duty.

No, apparently a new recruit / signing. That's all I've been tipped. 3rd party, take it for what it's worth. Maybe even worth $0.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just pointing out, surely you'd never thought you'd even be making this statement? It's kinda crazy we're even discussing this.
That there would be multiple teams sharing players in a Premier division?

Or that in less than a decade since we first encountered each other you are now the one of the two of us drawing attention to what you feel are the FVSL's shortcomings while I appear to be defending them?

What a world to live in...

YoAdrian

Sep 26, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
On a related topic.

A little birdy recently told me that a recent transfer into Tigers was promised premier minutes on both of their squads.

Given this is third party, I'm sure it can't be true. I mean, that'd theoretically make it possible for someone on the Tigers to be chasing the Golden Boot with the ability to play on two squads.

Most recent standings: https://fraservalleysoccer.spappz.c...=2022&division=fdivprem&sched_type=&combined=

Tigers definitely the class of the league right now; even if Abby capture all the point available with the un-played games, they'd still be 27 to Tigers 31 points. Tigers sporting a low GA....

Golden Boot Race: https://www.fraservalleysoccer.com/goldenboot.php

FARIVAR TORABI (Tigers) leading the way with 11 after 12 games played.
Mini Me (Abby) sitting second w/ 10 after 8 games played.
Interestingly, a bunch of FCT players sitting at 5.

Again, in theory....common sense would say that if @YoAdrian gets his matches and keeps scoring at the rate he is, the Golden Boot is within reach moreso for him than anyone, but now that Tigers players can get time on two squads, what does this mean for the top of the race? Will we be finding out that Torabi was able to get minutes on FCT against one of the league punching bags? To be clear, I'm not calling out the player....he has a set of rules and guidelines provided by the league to follow. Should he seek out and receive extra minutes on FCT, he's not cheating.

All of this is just such a bad look for the league. If true.
I was actually thinking about getting some games under my belt for Surrey United and Langley as well just to help keep the goal tally healthy.

They are both premier teams in the premier division therefor I should be able to suit up for both, just like tigers A and FCT are both playing premier and sharing players, although they are the same club which makes it different? Oh wait, no you can’t have 2 teams from the same club compete in the premier division according to league bylaws. So wait, how can teams that aren’t the same club share players… while also playing in the same division?

God damnit, make it all make sense for fcuk sakes. The league started going downhill when dude moved uphill. There, I said it okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts