Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL] Premier 2021/2022 Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not sure I agree with all your points. ;)

Curious on what the other two posters have to say.

~Switzerlandforever
You must agree on the point that, allowing the Rangers to refuse promotion all those years surely set about a trend, no, a paradox in the FVSL space time continuum that could not be reversed?

In other words, it's all your fault?

YoAdrian

Sep 26, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
For me, time will tell, and I'll put my hand up at some point and admit I'm wrong if this plays out as the FVSL Executive / ED hope.

Ultimately, I'm "Pro Player" first, player development dovetails off that as well. I've always been outspoken on that piece in that we do / did have a broken pathway in BC. What the FVSL is attempting to do here is build that pathways alongside L1BC, but in doing so, they are casting off the clubs- and their players- that have built the league. I didn't play in Premier long. Made my way in too late, and was a squad player. Not ashamed of that at all, but I did make my way in. In the new FVSL, there is not only no place for someone like me who came in at 28 or whatever, but no place for a lot of guys I played with. Arguably, there would have been a place for me coming out of college directly, but the whole reason I didn't step right into Premier out of college (successfully, anyways, had a brief stint in a VMSL squad that was relegated the same year) was because I wasn't ready to compete for a spot. Too many really good players that were in the 25-32 ish age range that were not going to let go of their spot. I had to pay my dues, get stronger, and I get it. It was the same when I was in Premier....we saw a stream of kids every year coming into camp out of UCFV (UFV now) or Trinity that would show up at training, and most of them would be sent down to a lower squad, or try out somewhere else, because they could not displace the established guys. I will say this, LFC4 made very good use of that pipeline (as well as Western Washington), definitely chose players that, erm, encouraged guys like me to play Div. 1 earlier than we wanted, and built a hell of a program. Not bad for a guy with potatoes for feet, bad hair, and terrible fashion sense.

But...we could do that. We had a club with multiple levels to move guys up and down. it worked. Difunctional at times? Absolutely, but it worked for us.

Now? Those established guys are mostly going to now be pushed out before they are ready to let go, and before their playing capabilities expire. Good? Bad? Time will tell. I do know this: making the pathway is a good thing, but making it an easy pathway is not necessarily a good thing.

My big grievances are this:
  1. The FVSL is trying to do all this overnight. Not many years ago, the FVSL looked like a proper set up of 10 teams, with Pro / Rel, included Golden Ears, Chilliwack, Aldergrove, Langley, Surrey FC, GN Sport, Poco FC (The beloved ED as the coach, actually enjoyed a beer w/ him after one match), Coastal, and Delta. Really strong squads with really strong, well known players that could play anywhere in either league. In div 1 below, really strong clubs like Abbotsford, Port Moody, North Delta (w/ @LION featured as a young up and coming striker), Sikh Temple, ACBC, all pushing to get into the top flight, as well as a powerhouse SFC Rangers team that refused promotion every season to start this whole mess (thanks @Rangerforever, your fault ;) ). Pretty much all these clubs had multiple teams in multiple divisions to use as a Cat system, or actual CAT Teams. Now? Who's really pushing to get in? Seems the league is actually setting up a closed shop here.
  2. They way the league has treated these established clubs in the last 4-5 years is a joke. A slap in the face to players who built the league. The ED didn't build the league, the players did. It's a slap in the face to the builders that came before us. This isn't a guess, I receive texts and calls all the time from guys within the league(s), guys that are now out but played a strong hand in building it, and guys who have moved already as they simply did not believe in the direction, and had no respect for the leadership. That's a common theme.
So....for me, the FVSL as I knew it is gone. Dead. I am supportive of the grandfather clubs still in it, and that's why I'm saying, make your moves now, if you can. The landscape is changing, and if you can't read the writing on the wall, you need to go back to your ABCs. Read the mission statement here....does the FVSL have a similar mission statement? Definitely not, not if you look at the evidence over the past 5 years of major grandfather clubs evaporating from the FVSL premier landscape. https://vmslsoccer.com/ .

"The purpose of the Society is to develop, promote, extend and foster the game of soccer in the Province of British Columbia, Canada and to safeguard the interests of the clubs and teams competing in the VMSL, BC's premier amateur league."

The new FVSL? Firstly, I hope they change the name, they don't deserve to carry it, and don't deserve to compete for the Pakenham Cup. The Pak should be fought for by the best amateur men's teams in the FV, and sorry, if you push out all the best players, then it's no longer relevant. just look at this history: https://www.fraservalleysoccer.com/Archives/PakenhamCupWinners.htm .

If this initiative proves to be successful, and players coming out of college / university have a better pathway and opportunities to be scouted into Tier II and above? Better shop window, and it plays a role in replicating the success of L1 Ontario, and the players they've pushed on to great things? Hell yeah, I'll be supportive. I'd have to be a hypocrite not to be. I wish them sincerest best of luck, but deplore the way they are going about doing this.
Dare I say it. @Dude for fvsl president. #MakeTheValleyGreatAgain

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
  1. They way the league has treated these established clubs in the last 4-5 years is a joke. A slap in the face to players who built the league. The ED didn't build the league, the players did. It's a slap in the face to the builders that came before us. This isn't a guess, I receive texts and calls all the time from guys within the league(s), guys that are now out but played a strong hand in building it, and guys who have moved already as they simply did not believe in the direction, and had no respect for the leadership. That's a common theme.
So....for me, the FVSL as I knew it is gone. Dead. I am supportive of the grandfather clubs still in it, and that's why I'm saying, make your moves now, if you can. The landscape is changing, and if you can't read the writing on the wall, you need to go back to your ABCs. Read the mission statement here....does the FVSL have a similar mission statement? Definitely not, not if you look at the evidence over the past 5 years of major grandfather clubs evaporating from the FVSL premier landscape. https://vmslsoccer.com/ .

Agreed Dude. I also look to why these clubs are not apart of the league anymore, and most of it seems to be because of the relationship they had with the ED. Hell, even Port Moody pulled all of their teams out of the FV. We need someone there that will build these relations back up again.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dare I say it. @Dude for fvsl president. #MakeTheValleyGreatAgain
LOL, trust me, NOBODY wants that. Besides, the way the society works, it's all about influence over the board to jam through initiatives. Rebranding to the TMSL is apparently next on the docket.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  1. They way the league has treated these established clubs in the last 4-5 years is a joke. A slap in the face to players who built the league. The ED didn't build the league, the players did. It's a slap in the face to the builders that came before us. This isn't a guess, I receive texts and calls all the time from guys within the league(s), guys that are now out but played a strong hand in building it, and guys who have moved already as they simply did not believe in the direction, and had no respect for the leadership. That's a common theme.

Agreed Dude. I also look to why these clubs are not apart of the league anymore, and most of it seems to be because of the relationship they had with the ED. Hell, even Port Moody pulled all of their teams out of the FV. We need someone there that will build these relations back up again.
Here's the problem....it's like having that crazy bombshell hot ex girlfriend, where the sex may have been off-the-hook, and she allowed all sorts of positions even you never thought of (secretly she has low self esteem), but she's so crazy that even you have second thoughts about going back...but the sex.

So, take the off-the-hook-sex out of the equation, and what do you have? Why go back?

Toe tag this MOFO, it's done.

YoAdrian

Sep 26, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Abby 2 Caps 3

Good back and forth game, especially in the second half. Game came down to mistakes at the back and not taking our chances cost us points. Kudos to the caps, showed up with a better squad than the first fixture and showed improvement. Need to steady the ship and get back on track next week.

Dec 15, 2021
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey guys,
Who would like to hear a story?

A tale so dirty and depraving that it could alter the trajectory of BC Soccer for years to come.

It involves a young man eager to take his creation to the next level. En route, he encountered snakes, and tigers - who reveal themselves to be snakes.

PART I: A SNAKE LIES IN WAIT FOR HIS PREY, BUT ALL HE CAUGHT WERE L'S
En route to living out his dream in the FVSL Prem division, the young man encountered a man dressed in a suit. The man promised tales of mergers and acquisitions, and a head coach role, as well as two even teams in the top division of FVSL AND VMSL.

The young man agreed to bring in said acquisitions, and do his best for the greater cause. However, the man in the suit would often shed his skin to reveal a slithery green texture ...the man wasn't as hooman as the young boy suspected.

One day, after a training session the man in the suit appeared, and told the young boy and his newly acquired team that he could no longer afford to keep that team in the FVSL Prem because of a "lack of funds," yet assured the young team that adequate funds could be provided if everyone moved over to the VMSL Prem team. The man revealed himself to be a snake!

The snake scared away the young boy, and attempted to attack the players and keep them in his Athletic Metro Lair. The team ran as fast as they could to their young saviour, and promised they'd never set foot anywhere near the snake (or the yellow and black Metro Lair) again.

The snake retreated - defeated, hiring a loud, screaming man to rally his mediocre troops for a long, arduous battle in the VMSL Prem - that ultimately ended with relegation.

STAY TUNED FOR PART II: THE TIGER BECOMES A SNAKE

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm trying hard but will wait for next chapter!

David Boreanaz Seal GIF by CBS

BigBadRedBull16

Jan 31, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey guys,
Who would like to hear a story?

A tale so dirty and depraving that it could alter the trajectory of BC Soccer for years to come.

It involves a young man eager to take his creation to the next level. En route, he encountered snakes, and tigers - who reveal themselves to be snakes.

PART I: A SNAKE LIES IN WAIT FOR HIS PREY, BUT ALL HE CAUGHT WERE L'S
En route to living out his dream in the FVSL Prem division, the young man encountered a man dressed in a suit. The man promised tales of mergers and acquisitions, and a head coach role, as well as two even teams in the top division of FVSL AND VMSL.

The young man agreed to bring in said acquisitions, and do his best for the greater cause. However, the man in the suit would often shed his skin to reveal a slithery green texture ...the man wasn't as hooman as the young boy suspected.

One day, after a training session the man in the suit appeared, and told the young boy and his newly acquired team that he could no longer afford to keep that team in the FVSL Prem because of a "lack of funds," yet assured the young team that adequate funds could be provided if everyone moved over to the VMSL Prem team. The man revealed himself to be a snake!

The snake scared away the young boy, and attempted to attack the players and keep them in his Athletic Metro Lair. The team ran as fast as they could to their young saviour, and promised they'd never set foot anywhere near the snake (or the yellow and black Metro Lair) again.

The snake retreated - defeated, hiring a loud, screaming man to rally his mediocre troops for a long, arduous battle in the VMSL Prem - that ultimately ended with relegation.

STAY TUNED FOR PART II: THE TIGER BECOMES A SNAKE

What’s the turn around time on part: II. I have Yellowstone on Sunday. Below the Deck Monday. Can I add this to my Tuesday evenings? Also the whole “hooman” play on words was what caught me.

Out of curiosity is Metro Athletic essentially Tigers vmsl side?

SoccerDaD14

Jan 22, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
WOW. was beginning to wonder if anyone cared about FVSL anymore. Was looking for the return of our CCB guy to get things going, but this might be better! LOL

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Went to the mediocre site today to catch up. Abby with a bunch of games in hand, win them all and they'd be a point behind Tigers. Otherwise, big clumb holding the middle ground, with the new additions plus Micro Footie and FCT in the bottom.

But, has anyone looked at Div 1?

Who is Tzeachten FC? Is there an association here with Chilliwack FC? These guys are walking all over the division, and surely will earn promotion (if promotion / relegation is a real thing, and I somehow doubt it is anymore).

Division 1​

- Pool: A
TeamGPWDLGFGAGDPTS
logo_sm.jpg
Tzeachten FC
teamcrest_236.jpg
TWU Spartans B
logo_sm.jpg
TSS FC Rovers II U21
teamcrest_231.jpg
North Delta SC NEWWAY
137332425-124
teamcrest_515.jpg
Port Moody Piranhas
teamcrest_377.jpg
Surrey United SC B
137152123-222
teamcrest_230.jpg
Langley United B
teamcrest_613.jpg
Surrey Utd SC Reds U21
144192635-913
teamcrest_575.jpg
FC Tigers Vancouver B
133462930-113
teamcrest_294.jpg
Abbotsford United C
101271031-215
teamcrest_601.jpg
Premier Academy U21
1311111245-334
logo_sm.jpg
Juba FC
1403111062-523

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, if they win promotion, would they even go up? If so, do they fit into the new vision of the league, and would the league have the cahones to drop FTC Academy or Micro Footy?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Happy to see the Little Hobbit near the top of the GB race with three games in hand. Nice one, @YoAdrian

So here's a question...what happens when one player is playing for both FC Tigers squads in the division? I only know this through the grapevine and 3rd party, no idea how accurate that info is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts