Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL] Premier 2021/2022 Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
More of what? Sucking up to the league prez?

Mad Napoleon Dynamite GIF by Searchlight Pictures

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Even performances less blow outs?

Not sure it’s sucking up when I accuse this management team of destroying a storied league but to each there own.

YoAdrian

Sep 26, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Abby 4 SU 1

The ball keeps rollin

Heard langley down 2-1 to tigers til the 90th and then conceded 3 in the last 3 mins.. How does that even happen?!

YoAdrian

Sep 26, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Abby 1 Faly FC 0

The train keeps rollin,

Finally a good competitive battle , guess we just have go down to 10 men every game to get one.

Credit to faly, definitely the best team we’ve played so far, went down to 10 first min of second half off a shocking second yellow call right after our cb broke his nose off a flying elbow the ref “didn’t see” and reluctantly gave a foul for… defended ugly and grinded out the W, can’t win every game by 5.

Onto the next.

BigBadRedBull16

Jan 31, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
Say what you want about fvsl and their premier league. But man the results have gone every which way this season. Some early season surprises and not a predictable result each week.

Hearing MFA beat Abbotsford on a Sunday night’er on Halloween… 4-2 score line. Seems every team needs to make sure they have their guys there each week or 3 points are up for grabs.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a crock o shyte. What is the proper procedure for all of these changes being accepted and approved? Can one guy wave his wand to make it so or do the board and membership have a say?? Seems like this league is and has become someone's sandbox for themselves to play in.

On another note, I heard that TWU may be getting a League 1 spot??

Also, I can't tell you how many times in the past I was told that you cannot have 2 teams in the premier league?? So now why?? Fits the narrative??

I don't even know or recognize the players in this league anymore....sad.
Do any of these teams even give a fack about the Pak Cup? Do they even know what it is?

YoAdrian

Sep 26, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
How does Tigers A and Tigers Academy play in the same division? Don’t tell me they aren’t affiliated, they wear the same facking kits. Are they allowed to interchange players on gameday as well? How about the obvious 3pts going to to the A team when they match up against the B team?? Ahh right, they pasted them 7-1 upon the first meeting.

Also see tigers A has racked up a few hundred $ in fines for “team lists” “no IDs” and other infractions. How the F is not providing proper ids or team lists on match day a fine and not a points deduction. Isn’t tigers supposed to be a “pro”club? You’d think they could print off a proper team sheet by now, I guess the fax from Saudi didn’t come in on time.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is not really a good look. The name change for the worst team in the league is meh, whatever but only because... adding a team in mid-season? WTAF? Are UFV Cascades joining next week to even the schedule?

$100 Dirty Money it turns out TWU somehow affiliated with new League Uno club to be announced with a corny "video" in the next couple of weeks.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's why I put $100 Dirty Money on it. Heck, I'd even up the ante and throw $50 TTP Dollars too.
As you know, I normally don't participate in these things, but if you set up some sort of line, bring me in. I have thousands of dirty dollars to burn.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a crock o shyte. What is the proper procedure for all of these changes being accepted and approved? Can one guy wave his wand to make it so or do the board and membership have a say?? Seems like this league is and has become someone's sandbox for themselves to play in.

On another note, I heard that TWU may be getting a League 1 spot??

Also, I can't tell you how many times in the past I was told that you cannot have 2 teams in the premier league?? So now why?? Fits the narrative??

I don't even know or recognize the players in this league anymore....sad.
Do any of these teams even give a fack about the Pak Cup? Do they even know what it is?
No words. Is there even a precedent for this in any respected league, to have essentially a mid-year expansion occur? One club w/ two teams? What?????

If the FVSL is the new L1 "Winter League", then just get out and say it. Make it formal. Populate it w/ all the L1 Clubs and move on w/ life. But to UItah's point, the Pak Cup used to mean something, with great history behind it. Does this league even deserve to compete for it anymore? Does the Pak Cup winner even deserve a spot in the Provincials anymore?

I "get" the direction L1 is going in, and it's focus. What I don't like is what's happening here, and that is force feeding an agenda essentially overnight.

I've openly said it already, the sooner the grandfather clubs that are left in the FVSL premier division (Abby, Langley, Surrey United...and fcuk me that's it...wow) move over the the VMSL, the better. Whether that mean Abby somehow pull off a merger w/ a low table VMSL Premier Team in the silly season, and the others get the "Golden Ticket" into Div 1, or they all go to Div 1, so be it. There needs to be a place to play for that top level player that is graduated out of University, and settled into life in the Lower Mainland. It's not the FVSL anymore, by the looks of it, and I don't think anyone from that league could give any of us a formalized plan. They are flying by the seats of their pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0