Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL] Premier 2021/2022 Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Once.

PCSL, playing in Seattle. Thanks for the drudging up the memories. Care to talk about when uncle Bob gave me the no feeling now?

An my last two posts were meant to be deleted. Premium member me arse.

Last edited:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry / Not sorry...

If the league is putting ANY money towards the "fvsl tv" project, one would think they would let the public know in some form or another.

Apparently the match last night was also streamed live?

Bonus footage. It's not supposed to start being done until the actual league season starts in a few weeks.

ben dover

Feb 7, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
The FVSL (Forget Value Soccer league) is coming to shits as there's only now 7 teams standing and clearly Tigres and Whitecaps daycare are the only teams that can compete how long is this circus going to last?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Slurrey 3-2 Langley

I think that pretty much eliminates Langley? Would need Abby to shite the bed and get roasted in next 2 matches. Prediction: not gonna happen. @utah are you still in the picture there? Mediocre site doesn't publish staff anymore :(

What's the deal with this league cup? Does the champion get a BC spot? Actually no from what I can find in the "team handbook"... Pak cup winner gets a spot and top 4 of league.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saturday League Cup Results

Whitecaps U19 4-0 FC Faly
FC Tigers 5-0 Premier Academy

Man, this Premier Academy is on track for the Friends United / Tempo TTP Award (the only 2 recipients in 20+ years)

Nevermind if they will get a single point all year, will they score a single goal?

Ronaldo Nazario

Dec 28, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Abby 6or7 micro footie “academy” 0 but a red card for talking to the ref. Gotta love the two yellow card in 5 seconds a part for talking to the ref. Men vs boys at the end of the day

YoAdrian

Sep 26, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Abby 6or7 micro footie “academy” 0 but a red card for talking to the ref. Gotta love the two yellow card in 5 seconds a part for talking to the ref. Men vs boys at the end of the day
That was a really, really bad team. Gotta respect them for continuing to attempt playing out the back at 6-0 down tho, which ironically was also the reason they were 6-0 down.

Can I get my Sunday night back?

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
The FVSL (Forget Value Soccer league) is coming to shits as there's only now 7 teams standing and clearly Tigres and Whitecaps daycare are the only teams that can compete how long is this circus going to last?

What do you do if you’re the FVSL though?
It sucks seeing these long time premier clubs disappearing. The likes of Westcoast/GE, Pomo, Coastal/PA, Delta, Chilliwack, and even Poco have all disappeared over the past 10 years with no signs of having anything within the clubs to replace. Looking through Langley’s roster they’ll be in the same boat in the next couple of years unless they manage to find some new young players to start filtering in, maybe that’s the plan Azad has for the U21’s?

You have to do something to keep the division alive, and they were pretty strapped for options.

Question if someone can answer it.
IF the Whitecaps U19 win provincials, are they allowed to represent BC in nationals? Surely not being a professional club right?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It sucks seeing these long time premier clubs disappearing. The likes of Westcoast/GE, Pomo, Coastal/PA, Delta, Chilliwack, and even Poco have all disappeared over the past 10 years with no signs of having anything within the clubs to replace. Looking through Langley’s roster they’ll be in the same boat in the next couple of years unless they manage to find some new young players to start filtering in, maybe that’s the plan Azad has for the U21’s?

You have to do something to keep the division alive, and they were pretty strapped for options.

IF the Whitecaps U19 win provincials, are they allowed to represent BC in nationals? Surely not being a professional club right?
There is zero point zero chance of WFC winning Provincials.

First, hard to be competitive with having maybe one competitive game in every 7 you play. Hard to keep the knives sharp. Secondly, have you looked at some of the rosters of the VMSL squads, a league where the teams get a competitive match basically every week?

I cringe every time I open this thread....the league is dying an embarrassing death right now.

Angry text coming at me from some random pale Dutchman in 3, 2, 1.....

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is zero point zero chance of WFC winning Provincials.

First, hard to be competitive with having maybe one competitive game in every 7 you play. Hard to keep the knives sharp. Secondly, have you looked at some of the rosters of the VMSL squads, a league where the teams get a competitive match basically every week?

I cringe every time I open this thread....the league is dying an embarrassing death right now.

Angry text coming at me from some random pale Dutchman in 3, 2, 1.....

I never said they would win, I asked what happens if they did win.

I agree it’s highly unlikely but there is a small possibility.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I never said they would win, I asked what happens if they did win.

I agree it’s highly unlikely but there is a small possibility.
I suppose, fair question.

Really don't know. Are any of the players on that roster actually signed to a professional contract? I have no clue.

But I ask you this....what about BB5 United if / when they win? This weekend Gindo and Marcel de Jong anchoring the backline, Caleb Clarke up front. I'm sure these players are playing for boots and beer, right?

YoAdrian

Sep 26, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
I suppose, fair question.

Really don't know. Are any of the players on that roster actually signed to a professional contract? I have no clue.

But I ask you this....what about BB5 United if / when they win? This weekend Gindo and Marcel de Jong anchoring the backline, Caleb Clarke up front. I'm sure these players are playing for boots and beer, right?
Yeah I dunno, @Dude seeing the best players sign for the reigning provincial and national champs has a bit of a different ring too it than when you start seeing 5-6 quality guys sign for a mid table or Saudi team.

Also no boots are involved in the deal.

Heard it’s free beer and chicken wing nights post game in Newton. I’d be surprised if that wasn’t enough to entice you out of retirement. Although BB5 looks in good hands, I think langley might need saving…

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

The league has done it to themselves.
You cannot keep expecting the clubs that have been here for years to keep paying for it also.
The petty fines that we kept paying were bullshit. I do not mind buying into a system and a standard,
but you cannot keep going to the 3 or 4 teams that are trying to make it work.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah I dunno, @Dude seeing the best players sign for the reigning provincial and national champs has a bit of a different ring too it than when you start seeing 5-6 quality guys sign for a mid table or Saudi team.

Also no boots are involved in the deal.

Heard it’s free beer and chicken wing nights post game in Newton. I’d be surprised if that wasn’t enough to entice you out of retirement. Although BB5 looks in good hands, I think langley might need saving…
I don't buy that, but also don't care if there are paid. I guess I care a little bit about where the money may or may not be coming from, and if that's above board, but the fact some are doesn't bother me. I mean, basically Canada and I guess the US are the only countries in the world where there isn't a strong semi-pro system propping up the higher tiers.

There is the argument that the CSA Canadian Adult Championships is strictly amateur...sure...but I doubt the Human Burrito that @utah and I watched play for Winnipeg Caledonia (I think Caledonia) back in the day was only playing for hot sauce.

Yes, there are a number of more appropriate ways I could have written that....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts