Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier FVSL Premier 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoAdrian

Sep 26, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guilty. Hard to tell anymore. I see people outside wearing masks and I just don’t get it? People actually believe there is a COVID-19 cloud hovering over the planet and human level.
The best is the people who wear masks while driving in their car.. alone.. it’s like putting on a condom before going to bed by yourself. #2020

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
So out door in the fresh air isn’t safe now. You can’t travel to another municipality. Wear masks outside as you coach. Nobody at your house. No family.
most youth games are cancelled and adults. This is getting so ridiculous. Where we all have a 99.7 chance of survival if we even catch this virus, no proven long term effects. It sounds more and more like a bad flu but we are shutting down children playing in open air? At parks?

do the numbers add up for others? Wtf is going on?

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
So out door in the fresh air isn’t safe now. You can’t travel to another municipality. Wear masks outside as you coach. Nobody at your house. No family.
most youth games are cancelled and adults. This is getting so ridiculous. Where we all have a 99.7 chance of survival if we even catch this virus, no proven long term effects. It sounds more and more like a bad flu but we are shutting down children playing in open air? At parks?

Without even starting the debate on what’s safe and what isn’t I’m just tired of the half measures put in place.

If soccer (outdoor sports) isn’t a risk then don’t change anything. If it is a risk and there’s cases linked back to outdoor sports then fine cancel everything.

The municipality/health region thing put in place is just incredibly pointless. Surrey for example I’m sure has multiple teams at multiple age groups spread out among multiple clubs. Other cities don’t have multiple teams at each age group let alone multiple clubs.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well I’m playing hockey Saturday. Dressing rooms and contact on ice.
But no soccer! Lol

For the under 50 age group....
what’s the odds of getting covid right now I’m BC ?
and then what’s the odds of being hospitalized if you get it?
Asking for a guy who lost his job and freedom to play in a park.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

you obviously have been reading the wrong meme's. Mortality globally fluctuates between 2-6%. The 99.9% and 99.7% myth comes from a total misinterpretation of the CDC site that indeed says mortality is 0.01 or so, because it calculates current death totals in comparison to total deaths. Of course not everyone has got the virus. If everyone did acquire the virus obviously that info would change. CDC also releases info about current totals, but people of a certain disposition ignore that because it's inconvenient.

Yes, transmission outdoors seems to be very low. But, when in direct competition, heavy breathing, sweating etc while defending corner kicks, marking, etc etc, transmission risk increases. Plus close proximity pre-game, half-time, post-game, going to restaurants and carpooling.

As for long-term effects? Lots and lots of info on quite devastating long-term effects for previously healthy people who acquired the virus.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Without even starting the debate on what’s safe and what isn’t I’m just tired of the half measures put in place.

If soccer (outdoor sports) isn’t a risk then don’t change anything. If it is a risk and there’s cases linked back to outdoor sports then fine cancel everything.

The municipality/health region thing put in place is just incredibly pointless. Surrey for example I’m sure has multiple teams at multiple age groups spread out among multiple clubs. Other cities don’t have multiple teams at each age group let alone multiple clubs.
This. Definitely this. The contradictions and half-measures are the most frustating! Walmart can operate without any measures in place (masks now) but we can't be outside with family and friends? Gimme a break. We all know that decision is driven by tax dollars - as are most contradictory decisions. We can all name many.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
you obviously have been reading the wrong meme's. Mortality globally fluctuates between 2-6%. The 99.9% and 99.7% myth comes from a total misinterpretation of the CDC site that indeed says mortality is 0.01 or so, because it calculates current death totals in comparison to total deaths. Of course not everyone has got the virus. If everyone did acquire the virus obviously that info would change. CDC also releases info about current totals, but people of a certain disposition ignore that because it's inconvenient.

Yes, transmission outdoors seems to be very low. But, when in direct competition, heavy breathing, sweating etc while defending corner kicks, marking, etc etc, transmission risk increases. Plus close proximity pre-game, half-time, post-game, going to restaurants and carpooling.

As for long-term effects? Lots and lots of info on quite devastating long-term effects for previously healthy people who acquired the virus.

God I hate entering into these debates.

The mortality rate OF THOSE TESTED is actually less, and the easy non-scientific based version of that is take our worst day of deaths vs/ positive tests. The rate of death is 10/10000. 1%. On our worst day recording deaths. Yes, completely non scientific, but extrapolate this. As of this writing:

BC: 395 death / 30,884 cases = 1%.
Canada: 12,023 death / 370,278 cases = 3%

US: 266,051 deaths / 13,295,605 = 2%

Yes, in country widely accused of handling this thing poorly while Canada has been praised for handling it well, we are higher.

God, I sound like a Trumpian / Anti-masker, but the numbers don't lie.

Also, the CDC is about the only website out there that we can trust.

What is estimated to be confirmed COVID-19 tests vs. actual people whom have contracted the virus? This is a number we simply don't have, but it's estimated that the number of people simply staying home and keeping a low profile when sick- instead of going out and getting tested- is something like 80%. This is a huge number! We have no idea amongst the sniffle sick crowd is actual positive. One thing we do know, you can be sniffle sick, but otherwise fine, and actually be positive for this disease.

Throwing around numbers like 6% is irresponsible- I don't even know what to say there. Firstly its a massive range that only takes into account what has been labelled a COVID death vs. known positive tests. The difference between 2-6% is massive. If 6% were the number, then 797,737 deaths in the US would have been attributed to COVID-19. Nearly triple the actual number.

Secondly, last year medical people would not say someone died of Pneumonia, they would say Pneumonia complications causing, for example, hearth failure. They would not simply state Pneumonia as cause of death. I don't think so, anyways. Maybe someone with knowledge can correct me. I believe how we label death has now changed. My father in law died in 2012 of Multiple Myeloma; it was pneumonia that eventually took him out. We knew that if he were to get a cold, it would likely be the end of him because it'd quickly progress to pneumonia. It's exactly what happened. He was 80, and had cancer. If he were in the same boat today (fighting Multiple Myeloma) and he were to contract COVID-19, he'd likely die.

How many people like him are we changing the way we view and document the death in order to state that person died of COVID-19 instead of documenting that they died of Cancer? I don't know, but I do know that prior to COVID-19, his death would not have made Dr. Bonnie Henry's daily address and condolences.

Your 2-6% mortality rate for contracting COVID19 is actually not possible, you just have to look at the relatively low death rate vs. known cases (does not include unknown)...and no matter what you want to say, this is a relatively low death rate.

Transmissions outside does not just seem low, it's nearly not transmissible unless you happen to be inside very, very close contact. Outdoor air dilution has been identified as the single best measure of protection against transmission.

The problem with this pandemic all along has been propagating misinformation- on both sides of the argument.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
dude you are full of it! Commons sense that is!

Exactly that. How many have had the virus but didn’t get checked? For the first many months we were told to stay home and isolate if you had symptons. How many have had it with out knowing?
So what’s the real numbers then? No way the powers that be have tracked every covid case in the land.

also, how many of the deaths in Canada have come from old age homes? I’m seeing over 90%.

but we are masking up our healthy children? Not one child has died. “But it’s not about the children”.
it always is about our kids and their future. Always. Masking them up and creating fear is not healthy to them. To save grandma the tv tells us.
But grandma is going to die of loneliness anyways as she can’t see her grand kids!

Too many folks listen to the media and tv and not do any math on their own. The stats are there for all to see.

but the stats of unemployment, over doses, people living in poverty doesn’t seem to get everyone going. The real killers.

let’s get back to life and stop living in fear of the invisible monster.

Seeing kids play in masks, in the outdoors., is the saddest site to me. When they are all safe and sound. Masking up our future.
Listen to the TV Johnny. Don’t question anything!
But mom I’m healthy and feel great. But you “could” be sick. You never know.
Healthy seeds to plant in our future generation! Lol.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You won't like Kirk McLean's and Jay Demerit's latest venture then...

Whoever invested in that venture better hope they sell those masks really fast, or they're going to be sitting on a lot of dead stock when we are all vaccinated in 8 months time!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Regs, got a link? I did see him at kindy pick-up with a cool looking mask. I may have been caught staring into his eyes, though.
Don't you follow the TSS guys on twatter? They are pushing the shite outta it, probably due to Crowbar having his mitts all over it :)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On the home page, click on the GREEN button that says Crappy City Cup and then go to schedules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts