Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier FVSL Premier 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoAdrian

Sep 26, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Surrey have been able to attract talent why are they finishing 4th/5th every year in an inferior league when they used to run the VMSL and win provincial championships for fun?

Think the comment on uni players is a bit off, not saying TWU or UFV will win the league, but to say most of their players would be of Div 1 quality is a bit mental. Especially with the standard/quality on display in FVSL Prem. I’ll let you off as you did say you weren’t sure if that narrative has changed in the valley though.

I’ll bite. As technically still being “university age” and playing premier since I was 16, the top 4ish players per university can slot into premier no problem, the rest are depth players at best... it’s not necessarily skill level or technique, but definitely lacking in heart, compete and how to deal with the men’s game, yes there is a difference.

but that’s just my 2 cents it usually means fcuk all.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’ll bite. As technically still being “university age” and playing premier since I was 16, the top 4ish players per university can slot into premier no problem, the rest are depth players at best... it’s not necessarily skill level or technique, but definitely lacking in heart, compete and how to deal with the men’s game, yes there is a difference.

but that’s just my 2 cents it usually means fcuk all.
Yup. That about sums it up. Men’s is a harder game. or was. Maybe it’s changed but the uni and college kids were usually pretty easy to deal with, except for the exceptional players, who were, well, exceptional.

BigBadRedBull16

Jan 31, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hearing already strong Abbotsford United has picked up a player or two. A couple ex trinity guys and a certain guy with the last name Davidson... looking to repeat? Guess so.

Fat.Ronaldo7

Jun 26, 2020
Tokens
Dirty Money

I would imagine common sense would be to see how next 1-2 weeks play out first.
Then give teams 2-3 weeks to get somewhat fit.
Start game play end of Sept?
Groups of 4 teams as stated is allowed play each team twice home and away, 2 weeks off as stated and then switch the groups?
interesting thing will be the no throw Ins. Kick ins instead.
That will allow some FVSL teams to really muck it up and have set pieces anytime ball is 30-40 yards out from goal.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How can you even start a season with that kick-in bullshit. Never mind all the rest. Just wait till a phase whatever allows for contact sports.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed. Bullshit. Still not worth all of the effort to try and get a team going and yet motivating 20 quality guys to get out. Let's wait and see what happens when school starts up. You know already that if kids start getting numbers then the whole show will be stopped in its tracks.
Wait it out a few more months.

Fat.Ronaldo7

Jun 26, 2020
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed. Bullshit. Still not worth all of the effort to try and get a team going and yet motivating 20 quality guys to get out. Let's wait and see what happens when school starts up. You know already that if kids start getting numbers then the whole show will be stopped in its tracks.
Wait it out a few more months.
Ridiculous.
Every other province is back playing. Our numbers for this are so low, we have to try to get back to normal life.
anyone who truly loves the games wants to get back to it even if it’s with a few modifications.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crazy idea, and maybe not for this thread...but wouldn't this be the ideal time to both consolidate the Premier divisions of all three, create a new top/bottom tiered system w/ "Tier III" sitting on top, and at least have that top division aligned, schedule wise, with the rest of Canada?

Makes too much sense, Dude, you say?

I'd play with kick-ins, but it's stupid if everything else is OK. Headers, tackles, etc.. I just see it as dumb.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

I would imagine common sense would be to see how next 1-2 weeks play out first.
Then give teams 2-3 weeks to get somewhat fit.
Start game play end of Sept?
Groups of 4 teams as stated is allowed play each team twice home and away, 2 weeks off as stated and then switch the groups?
interesting thing will be the no throw Ins. Kick ins instead.
That will allow some FVSL teams to really muck it up and have set pieces anytime ball is 30-40 yards out from goal.

Every team in senior soccer will have multiple players who can ping a ball in from half, some from further with accuracy. Some teams will use this as a specific tool. Could get gross. Some teams will be very very effective using such a weapon.

YoAdrian

Sep 26, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ridiculous.
Every other province is back playing. Our numbers for this are so low, we have to try to get back to normal life.
anyone who truly loves the games wants to get back to it even if it’s with a few modifications.

I agree other as other provinces are back to normal(Ish) we should be as well by now.

However, if I can’t play the game the way it’s supposed to be played, as a competitor, what the fcuk is the point in playing it, modified or watered down. Kick ins, limited contact, no spitting (as a natural habit) extra subs, etc.

I went to a team training a while back, coaches wearing gloves, can’t talk to team mates closer than 6 feet apart, no physical contact, etc. I get clubs are doing the best they can with what they can do until they are literally allowed to get back to normal, but fcuk that I’d rather train on my own.

as said above, as soon as school starts and case #s start picking up again, youth ball then adult ball will be subsequently shut down again. I don’t agree with it, as yes life needs to go on, but as we’ve already all experienced in the shite show that has been 2020 that won’t happen.

My 2 cents not that that’s ever been worth a damn.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's not.

But you are right.

I like to base my decisions on sound science.

I don't think there has been one case of COVID-19 reported / documented of transmission OUTSIDE playing sports. No, beach volleyball with 1,000 of your best friends doesn't count. If there has been, it is certainly an anomaly.

Being outside is your best friend, so far as safety from this virus. I understand when I see people walking, by themselves, outside, nobody around, wearing a mask. Fear is real, and fear can be irrational. If someone is uncomfortable, it is not my place to tell them to be comfortable, people need to do what they can to find their comfort.

Good hygene while playing sports is the answer. Frankly, wash your hands before and after playing the game. Have self control; keep your hands away from your mouth, eyes, until you can sanitize. Wear masks in the room. Don't overcrowd the room, or even use it at all.

I'm not an epidemiologist. Hell, I'm barely smart enough to tie my own shoelaces...but I've had to learn a lot about the nature of this virus in a very short period of time for our work. Outside- where we have literally the best form of air dilution possible, and where we have good spacing (yes, even in a soccer game), where general good hygiene, and where guidelines can be enacted about not showing up sick, symptomatic, or after international travel- is the safest bet.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually the league has stated that they will "review with the membership a proposal to kick off modified league play starting on Sep 18"

Membership could easily reject the proposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts