Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier FVSL Premier 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with what you are saying Dude. Not sure what the stats are showing. I’m sure long term, arthritis and knee replacements will be on the rise. However it’s hard to compare our childhood vs now with injuries.

Girls are more prone to knee injuries due to their hip to knee ratio. That may account for some of the injuries you’ve spoken of. Grass has it’s own dangers, the 6 studs getting stuck in the ground on those wet days. Lots of ankles and knee injuries.

Turf for me has been more about the pounding on the body. Those older fields are brutal. Honestly I feel like going home, when I step out of the car and it’s some concrete patch with green on it. I ache for a week. The issue with grass is im complete shite on it. It’s a totally different game and I don’t feel comfortable anymore. Massive advantage for the home team as there will be limited possession and more muck Canadian soccer.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saturday Results

Pomo 4-0 CCRU
Abby 11-0 VU
SU P-P Coastal

Anyone know the story on the postponed game? Looks like the Masters game at CAP was also called off?

BigBadRedBull16

Jan 31, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hahahaha this is actually a good one. Appreciate the effort given here.

Funny enough I wasn’t the “coach” that was shown a red between the two teams. Believe a Langley coach took one for uttering and motioning a threat to our sideline. Which the AR and Referee caught. Oddly enough. Also both teams coaches, including myself were having some good banter back and fourth. So to say I was the sole contributor is sort of uncalled for. Langley’s coaches walked up and down the sidelines in a very similar manor all night long.

I won’t comment on the game as I’m sure there will be hearings coming from it, the referees I think called the game to their best ability. With both teams acting out of control during times in the game. This is coming from the coach who had two players carded off. So no biased opinion.

Langley has a good team and they didn’t want to lose a second time to us. So they played their hearts out. Two close games against them, I’m sure the 3rd time around will be much of the same. Two passionate teams, with a bunch of passionate players and coaches.

Shout out to their coach for coming up after the incident and apologizing for his actions. What’s on the field stays on the field. Best of luck to Langley the rest of the way.

BigBadRedBull16

Jan 31, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saturday Results

Pomo 4-0 CCRU
Abby 11-0 VU
SU P-P Coastal

Anyone know the story on the postponed game? Looks like the Masters game at CAP was also called off?

11-0. Jesus Christ. That doesn’t bode well for us next week. Anyone know the story from the Abby game? Did Vancouver play short? Carded out of the game? Or did Abbotsford just turn their lethal offence on for 90 minutes?

Jack13

Nov 17, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
11-0. Jesus Christ. That doesn’t bode well for us next week. Anyone know the story from the Abby game? Did Vancouver play short? Carded out of the game? Or did Abbotsford just turn their lethal offence on for 90 minutes?

Lethal offence, non stop from whistle to whistle. vanU has no business being in prem. They had a full squad, no cards

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saturday Results

Pomo 4-0 CCRU
Abby 11-0 VU
SU P-P Coastal

Ruined a lot of time, effort and money too. Big social and BBQ planned for all 4 teams after. 14 days ago it was supposed to be mild.

If only I knew someone to help me eat 200 hot wings...

That VanU result is shoc-king, but confirms the choice to ask Mr. Alderson to head up the Sweet Caroline All-Star team.

Ronaldo. 07

Oct 7, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
It’s obvious that Vancouver was missing bodies. Vancouver is a bad team but there’s no way Abby scores eleven against them if they have all their players. Abby is a good team, not that good though so I don’t know what the fcuk is going on there.

Ronaldo. 07

Oct 7, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
It’s obvious that Vancouver was missing bodies. Vancouver is a bad team but there’s no way Abby scores eleven against them if they have all their players. Abby is a good team, not that good though so I don’t know what the fcuk is going on there.
Remember this is a team that scored 2 late goals against us when the game was 2-1 for a long time and only beat van u 4-0 last time (which is not that bad for van united)

Abby United

Jan 30, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
They only had 1 name crossed off the team list given to us.
we could have scored 10 by half, missed a couple sitters

reminds us of a game vs millz poco rangers where we won 13 0 back 4/5 years ago.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For the old boys only.

Everyone else could have fought it out over cold pig bits and stale chips. Fine money can only cover so much you know.

Hot wings.

Honestly.

That's not even worth calling it a bar-b-q. That's a late night trip to 7-11.

Not like...

~Deep fried tenderloin steaks.
~Deep fried wings
~Bar-B-Q wings
~Bar-B-Q smokies (with cheese in the middle)
~Bar-B-Q Hamburgers
~Deep Fried Snickers (that's right)
~5 different beer selections
~All prepared and overseen by Executive Chef Picard.
~Timmy Wenman showing us his single testicle.

Just an average night at Willoughby when hosted by the mighty Lords. No, not the "Rangers", @Rangerforever (lamest name ever).

Deep fried wings. Not even worth coming out for.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe this league needs to consider something unique like mid-season promotion / demotion, only for Premier and D1? This way teams can't very well decline, and they won't sandbag either. This Van U team...holy crap.

May not be feasible due to Club Affiliated teams, but still....

Ronaldo. 07

Oct 7, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe this league needs to consider something unique like mid-season promotion / demotion, only for Premier and D1? This way teams can't very well decline, and they won't sandbag either. This Van U team...holy crap.

May not be feasible due to Club Affiliated teams, but still....
The league fcuked up by keeping them in the league they couldn’t win a game last season and they got to keep their spot. (Zero logic)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, you aren't wrong. Just thinking outside the box to future solutions to the problem of teams not accepting promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts