Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier FVSL Premier 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCSoccerWankerOuter

Aug 1, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Ronaldo. 07 : what do you figure the average age of the squad is? Mostly under 20?

This is a good page on the FVSL site; up-to-date it seems and tells a pretty good story. I see young Brody is keeping pace in the Golden Boot, and the MVP race is far from certain. Yeah Langley is rolling! Nicely done lads.

{they have}
17 of them that are 18-19yr old. My under standing is a lot of those guys will be 19-20yr by the end off the season. Based on their birth year.

7 of them are 20+ yrs old. With some of those being their key players.

it’s always something to be noteworthy of however if yous look at the rest of the league their players are 20-25 aswell. SAFC, Coastal, Vancouver United, Abbotsford all has a relatively young squad as well. not a soul closing in on 30 yet. Maybe one or twos on each team but not like their playing against dinosaurs.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Understood, but there is a fair bit of physical maturity differences between a 18/19 years old then a 21-25 year old. The amount of muscle a guy adds on in the year or two after high school graduation is significant, and all the more significant if that guy is an athlete and presumably training for his primary sport during this time, not just sitting at the bar. Maturity wise, a massive difference.

If the squad can keep getting a few points here and there and survive the league this season, indeed in a year or two they could be looking at the top of the table. It's good, the league needed some fresh blood like this.

Last edited:

BCSoccerWankerOuter

Aug 1, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Understood, but there is a fair bit is physical maturity differences between a 18/19 years old then a 21-25 year old. The amount of muscle a guy adds on in the year or two after high school graduation is significant, and all the more significant if that guy is an athlete and presumably training for his primary sport during this time, not just sitting at the bar. Maturity wise, a massive difference.

If the squad can keep getting a few points here and there and survive the league this season, indeed in a year or two they could be looking at the top of the table. It's good, the league needed some fresh blood like this.

From my understanding 2 teams go down, 2 come up. Vancouver United seem destined for a second straight last place finish {surely they can’t allow them to stay up a second time} so yous think someone other then CCB will go down at the end of the season and CCB will catch them? Who’s you think?

In relatable news, after talking to a coach from one of the premier teams I heard Azad Palani wants his Langley United D1 team to take promotion if they’s get it.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From my understanding 2 teams go down, 2 come up. Vancouver United seem destined for a second straight last place finish {surely they can’t allow them to stay up a second time} so yous think someone other then CCB will go down at the end of the season and CCB will catch them? Who’s you think?

In relatable news, after talking to a coach from one of the premier teams I heard Azad Palani wants his Langley United D1 team to take promotion if they’s get it.

Million dollar question, isn't it? I can't see the league demoting more than one. As to Azad, I have only ever heard of him through these pages. Call me confused, and definitely out of touch....but he has the Premier Team w/ CCB, but also I assume Langley United B? So is he affiliated with two clubs, CCB and Langley United? I suppose a scenario exists whereby he merges the two squads and keeps a spot up and a "B" Team in 1st. I'm not sure exactly how he'd promote the current Langley United B squad, assuming they carry on their current trajectory. He'd have to move them out of the club and latch onto a new club. Really don't know, and I'm sure there are potential back room shenanigans that could occure to facilitate.

You'd have to think Chilliwack is destined for promotion. That may be the only crystal clear scenario.

Soccer2000

Oct 5, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Azad (the coach) is not affiliated with CCB at all, he just happens to share the same name. Not sure how it would work with two Langley teams in Prem though, guess we will have to wait and see. I would be surprised if Van Utd was able to stay up despite finishing bottom of the table yet again, at a certain point the league needs to think about optics no?

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Million dollar question, isn't it? I can't see the league demoting more than one. As to Azad, I have only ever heard of him through these pages. Call me confused, and definitely out of touch....but he has the Premier Team w/ CCB, but also I assume Langley United B? So is he affiliated with two clubs, CCB and Langley United? I suppose a scenario exists whereby he merges the two squads and keeps a spot up and a "B" Team in 1st. I'm not sure exactly how he'd promote the current Langley United B squad, assuming they carry on their current trajectory. He'd have to move them out of the club and latch onto a new club. Really don't know, and I'm sure there are potential back room shenanigans that could occure to facilitate.

You'd have to think Chilliwack is destined for promotion. That may be the only crystal clear scenario.

Azad has nothing to do with Azad.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think Azad Palani has any ties to CCB Dude.

He plays for Pegasus in the VMSL I believe and is a staff coach at LUSA, hence him coaching their B men's team.

So yeah, you're confused and out of touch. ;)

But keep throwing yourself out there... :D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Azad (the coach) is not affiliated with CCB at all, he just happens to share the same name. Not sure how it would work with two Langley teams in Prem though, guess we will have to wait and see. I would be surprised if Van Utd was able to stay up despite finishing bottom of the table yet again, at a certain point the league needs to think about optics no?

OK, that explains things. Azad has nothing to do with Azad.

I don't know exactly how a promotion up from Langley B would work, except to say they'd have to move clubs. I.e.: move over to LFC and petition the league to grant a spot. Which of course they could, and the league could rightfully state the team did earn promotion but had to move clubs to facilitate entry into the division. On a scale of weird mergers that have happened over the years in both the VMSL and FVSL, that would be pretty tame, actually. Also to be fair, I'm 100% spit-balling a hypothetical scenario.

Yeah I would also think so that Van U can't be kept up. Likely too the club / players are also sick of getting trounced week in and week out and welcome demotion.

Big difference between 7 & 8. At 7 CCB has only a -7 GD, respectable after 6. At 8, VU with -31 after 8. That sounds like a terrible, long season ahead.

@dezza , care to explain the BOD? I can write a lot of BOD worthy posts, but didn't think that was one.

lfc4

Sep 21, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money

I don't know exactly how a promotion up from Langley B would work, except to say they'd have to move clubs. I.e.: move over to LFC and petition the league to grant a spot. Which of course they could, and the league could rightfully state the team did earn promotion but had to move clubs to facilitate entry into the division. On a scale of weird mergers that have happened over the years in both the VMSL and FVSL, that would be pretty tame, actually. Also to be fair, I'm 100% spit-balling a hypothetical scenario.

Yeah I would also think so that Van U can't be kept up. Likely too the club / players are also sick of getting trounced week in and week out and welcome demotion.

Big difference between 7 & 8. At 7 CCB has only a -7 GD, respectable after 6. At 8, VU with -31 after 8. That sounds like a terrible, long season ahead.

@dezza , care to explain the BOD? I can write a lot of BOD worthy posts, but didn't think that was one.

Point of reference here for the newbies.

The Dude, whose hair is the only thing more dated than his takes on present day amateur football, was a massive part of Langley United's first year in Premier way back when. We finished the season with a minus 60. The Dude transferred from SFC and played only because we didn't have 11. That off season, the powers that be, identified that we had to replace the Dudes of our line up with real Premier players. That was the start of a a decent little run. And splinters in the Dudes ass.

My point, really don't have one.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

BOD for being out of touch, but still posting a bunch of nonsense.

BCSoccerWankerOuter

Aug 1, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think Azad Palani has any ties to CCB Dude.

He plays for Pegasus in the VMSL I believe and is a staff coach at LUSA, hence him coaching their B men's team.

So yeah, you're confused and out of touch. ;)

But keep throwing yourself out there... :D

Azad Palani Plays for PEG as mentioned previously. He is on the board in some fixture for LUSA. Coaches the LUSA “B” team {which is for the most part run as an independent squad through FVSL}. He will be taking his team up to premier as a LUSA team. He wouldn’t be changing clubs or going as a solo practice. Yes it causes some confusion within the league and club but from all accounts Azad doesn’t care about this. If his team earns it he will be going up.

so again, back to the whole 2 for 2 deal. If Chilliwack and Langley B move up... who goes down?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Truth.

Also spelled the retirement of your own career, same reasons. And your hair has been so bad it actually got good for a couple of years in 2017-2018 when everyone was trying to intentionally but not intentionally look like a tree huger, but now it's bad again that the same tree hugers have decided to clean up their look.

Minus 60 and stayed up legitimately, gave up my only significant knee injury to you that year, played on it through the end of the season in the relegation battle, and could barely manage a high five from you. You had more rats jumping ship than anyone could count, but I gave you all this plumber could. I did score two goals in a Pak Quarter the next year as you reluctantly slotted me in (you subbed me off as I was trying to get my one and only hatty as a "premier" player), then the next week a nearly disastrous own goal in the semi. Both highlights. You shouldn't have put me in on that one.

That's it.

But hey, never pretended to be a good premier player. Knew my place in the squad. Was happy to get a couple of years in way past my better years and get to lift a couple of cups. That was cool. Even if most of the time your players all thought you should be eating a giant bag of dicks. Not even a small one, but the biggest BOD a moppy haired tree huger could muster. Now I'd just like to see this league not be such a shite show, seems to be OK right now. Seems there is some solid young talent.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Azad Palani Plays for PEG as mentioned previously. He is on the board in some fixture for LUSA. Coaches the LUSA “B” team {which is for the most part run as an independent squad through FVSL}. He will be taking his team up to premier as a LUSA team. He wouldn’t be changing clubs or going as a solo practice. Yes it causes some confusion within the league and club but from all accounts Azad doesn’t care about this. If his team earns it he will be going up.

so again, back to the whole 2 for 2 deal. If Chilliwack and Langley B move up... who goes down?

My suspicion would be one goes down 2 up, as I feel the league would ideally like to be back at 10 in Premier. But fcuk if I know. Thanks for the above.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Promotion is tricky but, as I have stated previously, an absolute must for this league IMO.

Sources told me in the summer that FVSL was looking to go to 10 teams in Premier, but with North Delta refusing to come up, Burnaby folding and Chilliwack wanting to go down it was all they could do to stay at 8 teams by giving Van Utd. another go and granting CCB a spot.

Presumably there will not be a problem with teams wanting out this season, though you never know (I think Aldergrove caught most people by surprise when they shut up shop), so that should leave 7 for Premier next season, minus Van Utd. who clearly are not cut out for it.

The question is then who fills out the league and how many teams is it?

Certainly it appears that Chilliwack are good enough to come back, but do they want to if it is going to just be an 8 team league where them and CCB fight it out not to be last? Would it make more sense to make it a 10 team league where there are enough points between the bottom teams to create a scenario where a few upsets could suddenly bring a Provincial Cup spot into play and where there could be a true relegation battle?

Teams that could potentially take a spot in Premier:

Langley B - FVSL has allowed two teams from the same club in Premier before (Port Moody Gunners and Port Moody Rangers) but certainly there would have to be a name change. There is no chance the league would allow a "B" team in its top division, as that looks terrible from an independent outsiders perspective, plus there would be no point in calling it Langley B as they would not be able to share with Langley A anyway. Other issue is this is not a slam dunk (again rules stipulate only one Premier team per club) but certainly given the precedent, as well as the fact that the league is crying out for teams that actually WANT to take promotion I would think this would be one that could get done. It seems Brody Thomas is the talisman of this group and is evidently very loyal to them given that he is scoring regularly for the Premier team and would no doubt be a regular for them, but yet he still does double duty with the B group every week. Assuming they hold onto him, they should be able to be competitive (maybe they could call themselves Langley Azad??? :cool: )

Chilliwack - As mentioned they dropped down this season, but are right at the top of Div. 1 despite losing some top players to Port Moody. Not sure if going back to Premier would entice those players back (they seem to be seeing the field at least somewhat regularly for the Gunners) and, if that is the case, then the question is obviously what incentive is there for Chilliwack to return if the league is still essentially identical to the one they opted out of? Certainly from a league perspective you have to think this is the easiest fit given there is no existing Chilliwack Prem team and that this group could well earn their spot on "merit" if they win Division 1.

Coastal B - Ron Stevenson and co. have played as a Premier team in the past and would likely be keen for another opportunity. Last time they had to get creative and go under the Temple banner, though that is not likely an option this time around as Temple have moved to VMSL. Potentially a fit under the South Surrey FC banner? Or maybe go solo and do a throw back to Peace Arch United? Who knows, but certainly their results this season have them in the upper portion of Div. 1 and they could be a fit in Premier.

If you wanted to go to 10 teams and all three of those sides were willing to come up with Van Utd. going down, it looks pretty straightforward. If the league is staying at 8 teams only, that is where things get a bit tricky.

Based on the FVSL's rules, the last place team gets relegated and the first place Div. 1 side comes up. Second bottom and Div. 1 runners up then playoff. It appears destined that Van Utd. will be bottom and them going down is straightforward. Where it gets murky is if, lets say for argument's sake that CCB are second bottom, they would argue that Langley and Coastal cannot playoff for a spot in UPL as they already have a team. Or, if Chilliwack are runners up in Div. 1 to let's say Langley B, then their argument is that they should get the automatic spot vacated by Van Utd. as Langley B cannot go up.

It all gets very murky very quickly and such is the quagmire that the FVSL finds itself in after years of non-promotions, etc.

LaFlamaBlanca

Aug 24, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sounds like this Azad guy is a bit of a cokc pump and not a club guy if he would back door the current Langley United premier team who are doing everything in their ability to work in the youth from his division 1 squad. Not a great look for the “united” club. Seems like it makes more sense for a club the size of Langley united to have teams in both prem and div 1 but sounds like the current prem squad has done everything in their ability to do so but when you have a major ego and untrustworthiness of the division 1 coach it all makes sense. Shady business, horrible look for the club.

Ronaldo. 07

Oct 7, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Ronaldo. 07 : what do you figure the average age of the squad is? Mostly under 20?

This is a good page on the FVSL site; up-to-date it seems and tells a pretty good story. I see young Brody is keeping pace in the Golden Boot, and the MVP race is far from certain. Yeah Langley is rolling! Nicely done lads.

Average age of our team is 18.

Ronaldo. 07

Oct 7, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
G
@Ronaldo. 07 they weren't a dirty team, they were just older, bigger and stronger, they used it to their advantage well. It isn't the refs job to help us make up for being not as strong physically as other teams just because we're younger it's mens soccer if anything we need to toughen up a bit. Doesn't help when we have guys flopping to the ground every time someone breathes on them... maybe we stay on our feet and battle and not rely on the man in the middle to protect us, might be worth a shot
stop saying we bro ur not on our team.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like this Azad guy is a bit of a cokc pump and not a club guy if he would back door the current Langley United premier team who are doing everything in their ability to work in the youth from his division 1 squad. Not a great look for the “united” club. Seems like it makes more sense for a club the size of Langley united to have teams in both prem and div 1 but sounds like the current prem squad has done everything in their ability to do so but when you have a major ego and untrustworthiness of the division 1 coach it all makes sense. Shady business, horrible look for the club.

Not necessarily. The players might just want to stay together, not let the team be broke up, and then move up together.

That was the situation at Westcoast prior to the premier team folding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts