Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier FVSL Premier 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaFlamaBlanca

Aug 24, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
It does majority of the time. Our guys are young with a bright future ahead we don't need legs to be broken if the refs pull out their cards it would impact the flow of the game and it would be cleaner both ways.

Would more cards make the flow of the game worse? They are choppy enough with all the stoppages of play.

Ronaldo. 07

Oct 7, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Get used to it. If you wanna have a chance at winning the league you will have to figure out how to navigate the piss poor reffing in the fvsl. Its never been good and not getting better anytime soon if you get Kyle or Thompson you will get a fairly reffed game besides that you can run a guy over and not get a yellow( andy Pinter)
Pinter

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Andy’s still going? Wow. That’s not good. He’s gotta be well into his 60s now. But what can they do? There is short supply of refs. VMSL has issues too.

Unfortunately in most men’s leagues dealing with the dirty side of the game is something you have to handle. Best way to counter is punish them on their fouls and with your youthfulness. Old guys hate chasing.

Oct 31, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice, we’re talking refs. I’ve got some opinions there..

Soren, M. Thompson, Noel and Darnel (if he is still reffing) are the only decent refs in this league. They communicate their calls, they’re honest and they can even admit if they might have missed something. They actually have control of the game.

99% of the other refs officiate the game like this is the only ounce of power they’ve ever received.

Lot’s of ways to adjust this and focus on the development of the refs if the league cared to put some effort in, but that’s all I’ll say as typing out suggestions would just go unnoticed anyways. My main purpose of this post is to hope Pinter, Phil, Kyle and the rest of the power hungry ref’s read this and give themselves a look in the mirror (although I know deep down this won’t happen).

The four I mentioned that are good can just keep doing what they’re doing, quality stuff lads.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you serious in calling Andy power hungry? One of the nicest people involved in the local game. You can disagree with Calls he makes but it’s never about him and good or bad his officiating is fair in both directions. Guys don’t seem to understand how important people like Andy are in the local game. I’d say his officiating is well above the play I see most weeks. Maybe we focus on that, not being so shitty.

BigBadRedBull16

Jan 31, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
Solid stuff, we didn't dive once. Safc is a good team with a lot of pace but they are a pretty dirty team as well.

I don’t think our teams very dirty. We have a couple guys who wear their hearts on their sleeves per say. They actually didn’t act out against you guys what so ever. They were very calm all game. Lunging into a challenge you see coming to get the call instead of going into a good 50/50 then calling the other team dirty online isn’t really justifiable. This is men’s league, amateur men’s league. This isn’t the Ligue 1 and we’re not all as talented as neymar is. Sometimes you just have to show up ready for a good battle. We’ve faced teams that are much tougher physically then ours this season with none of our players stating they’re dirty post game due to challenges. It’s part of the game.

Like I said you guys have an OK team. I’ve seen slight improvements all around. The additions you’ve made so far have clearly helped. Thanks for cleaning up the bench area post game and leaving it clean. Classy move so we didn’t have to pick up your garbage. Cheers.

Ronaldo. 07

Oct 7, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don’t think our teams very dirty. We have a couple guys who wear their hearts on their sleeves per say. They actually didn’t act out against you guys what so ever. They were very calm all game. Lunging into a challenge you see coming to get the call instead of going into a good 50/50 then calling the other team dirty online isn’t really justifiable. This is men’s league, amateur men’s league. This isn’t the Ligue 1 and we’re not all as talented as neymar is. Sometimes you just have to show up ready for a good battle. We’ve faced teams that are much tougher physically then ours this season with none of our players stating they’re dirty post game due to challenges. It’s part of the game.

Like I said you guys have an OK team. I’ve seen slight improvements all around. The additions you’ve made so far have clearly helped. Thanks for cleaning up the bench area post game and leaving it clean. Classy move so we didn’t have to pick up your garbage. Cheers.
Fair enough I guess amateur soccer means more fouls and shittier reffing. Although VMSL refs are much better. See you guys in 2-3 weeks.

BigBadRedBull16

Jan 31, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair enough I guess amateur soccer means more fouls and shittier reffing. Although VMSL refs are much better. See you guys in 2-3 weeks.

Funny guy, only reads what he wants to see. Noel is probably one of the best referees in the lower mainland. Anyone who’s someone within BC Soccer knows and respects that. 85% of the calls were given in your direction. Yet we’re not the ones complaining about the ability of the referee. If you guys prefer the VMSL so much, feel free to go over there and play over there. I’m sure their TTP forums would love to have you.

Ronaldo. 07

Oct 7, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Funny guy, only reads what he wants to see. Noel is probably one of the best referees in the lower mainland. Anyone who’s someone within BC Soccer knows and respects that. 85% of the calls were given in your direction. Yet we’re not the ones complaining about the ability of the referee. If you guys prefer the VMSL so much, feel free to go over there and play over there. I’m sure their TTP forums would love to have you.
I'm not talking about the calls, in fact we should've got more calls cuz we were the ones getting fouled, if we didn't have more calls then something if wrong with that refs brain. The mistake he made was not pulling out more yellow cards. That ruined the game as the same people computer altleat 4 clear fouls without receiving a card. Whatever though that's in the past so it's done.

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coastal 3-6 Abbotsford.

Full credit to Abby on the night. Pressed us all over the field and worked their socks off. They went up early and we tied it up a minute later. We then scored a couple minutes before the end of the first half and they responded and scored less then 30 seconds later. Second half was a different story. They scored early to go up 3-2 and we had our GK sent off which they scored on a PK after our player coach stepped up to go in goal. We pushed and were caught on a couple of transitions but managed to score one at the end of the game to finish 6-3 for Abby. Our goals were scored by Justin Turner-Pearce, Isaac Kyei and Sean Northcote.

Congrats to Abby on a great game - always a pleasure playing a classy group of players and staff. Good luck the rest of the season!

Onto POMO next weekend!

Soccer2000

Oct 5, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Ronaldo. 07 they weren't a dirty team, they were just older, bigger and stronger, they used it to their advantage well. It isn't the refs job to help us make up for being not as strong physically as other teams just because we're younger it's mens soccer if anything we need to toughen up a bit. Doesn't help when we have guys flopping to the ground every time someone breathes on them... maybe we stay on our feet and battle and not rely on the man in the middle to protect us, might be worth a shot

Bigboijimmy

Nov 17, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Ronaldo. 07 they weren't a dirty team, they were just older, bigger and stronger, they used it to their advantage well. It isn't the refs job to help us make up for being not as strong physically as other teams just because we're younger it's mens soccer if anything we need to toughen up a bit. Doesn't help when we have guys flopping to the ground every time someone breathes on them... maybe we stay on our feet and battle and not rely on the man in the middle to protect us, might be worth a shot
Agreed until the flopping part... they’re just smaller no flopping took place

BCSoccerWankerOuter

Aug 1, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
{weekly predictions}

Surrey United FF 1 - Langley United 3
Langley is rolling, Surrey United continue to have a lack of commitment from there boys playing short this past weekend yet again. Heard the big man Mr. H dressed and played. I see Langley taking this one

CCB Azad 1 - Abbotsford United 3
CCB will play to their ability. Abbotsford United will over power them offensively

Coastal FC 2 - PMO Gunners 3
match of the week no doubt. PMO will just nudge through in my opinion. But this could easily go either ways.

Vancouver United 0 - SAFC Red Bulls 4
SAFC coming off what seems to be a needed win. Will continue it into this week and beat Van U.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Ronaldo. 07 : what do you figure the average age of the squad is? Mostly under 20?

This is a good page on the FVSL site; up-to-date it seems and tells a pretty good story. I see young Brody is keeping pace in the Golden Boot, and the MVP race is far from certain. Yeah Langley is rolling! Nicely done lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts