Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL O30 2002/2003 Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FVSL O30 2002/2003 Result and Banter

Here are the results from the weekend. Hope to hear from you regular FVSL Over 30 TTP'ers as to banter and results of weekend games.

Overall,

Sapperton Old Boys 2 Aldergrove United 2
IFC 1 Academico Alumni 1
SFC Sundowners 2 Poco City Thunder 1
Mission Celtic 0 Surrey FC Firemen 3
Surrey United 5 Delta Metro United 0
All Blacks 1 Peace Arch United 9

The All Blacks went through some growing pains for their first ever game. Apparently Jonah Lomu could not come and that was the least of BullyB's worries as four players phoned last minute and didn't show up. BullyB did his best Haka before the game but starting the game with nine men and finishing with eight is difficult for any team. Once they iron out the kink's the All Black will be back on track.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
5BTs

Did the new blockbuster signing Shuttsie score?
I can only assume Yes with that scoreline.

RFmissingShuttleworth'scompanythisyear

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok, so we started another thread. Let's post on this one and not confuse everyone.

Surrey United did win last weekend against Delta who are traditonal slow starters. The result was 5-0. They played with ten men and did very well. Our new signings, the Muirhead brothers played well. Ginger Paille also had a successful beginning to his first full season with a goal.

We signed Glen Johnson and Al Massender this week and they will help a great deal. Tough match this weekend aginst Surrey City Firefighters (they are all Vancouver firefighters. We have all the Surrey firefighters). They always play us tough and they have bolstered their lineup with the signing of Neil Wilkinson. Between Wilkie and Dougie Muirhead, there will be little room in the center of the park.

I have to tell you. It is eerily quiet at our halftime discussions with the absense of Aves. I also get to finally have a drink from the water bottle at half as they are not being used to illustrate the tactics for the second half. I hope Peace Arch has lots of extra bottles.:rolleyes:

I heard Shuttleworth is done with a knee injury in his first game. Is this true 5bt's?

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BB,

I thought it would be appropriate to have a site to banter, on and on and on and on, about the top over 30 league in all of Canada.:wa:

Al and Glen signing along with Dougie and his brother Moosehead and all the rest of the new guys. You guys must have thirty or so players signed?

I was talking with Dougie over a beer or two and he said the SCFF came out ready to rumble. Sounds like it was a bit of a battle from the Dougsters point of view, but then again we all know how he like to weave a tall tail or two!!!!:D

As for Shuttsie, He pulled or tore a calf muscle in the first few minutes of our game vs the All Blacks. Hopefully, he won't be gone too long.

Peace Arch 6 - IFC 1

They are a team that has a few good players and a bunch of guys who are out for a good time. PA totally dominated the game after starting slow. Everything was clicking on all cylinders and it could have been another nine - 1 game.

I think next week will be a more difficult game as we play SFC (who must be a totally different looking team, with the mass exodus of players from last year)

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wake up Guys

OK!!!! I'm asking nicely, but if Ballbaby and I are going to be the only bastards posting here on the FVSL Over 30 thread it will get awfully boring....

So let's here from the likes of jordy, highlander, bullyB, sillyrabbit et al. After games you know slags, banter that sort of thing. Come on boys, let's be better bastards than the NSCL O30's and the WCOTL. They're all wankers anyway...:D :bronco:

bestfieldsandteamsareoutintheFVSL:wa: :wa: :wa:

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fixtures for September 22

Masters Division Sunday Sept. 22

Sapperton Old Boys v Surrey FC Firemen - Erma Stephenson Park
Sapperton Old boys is right, should have a rough go with the new look SCFF. SCFF have proven to be quite a good team and will only get better throughout he year. SCFF wins this one.

Aldergrove United v Delta Metro United - Parkside West
Aldergrove back in the O30's after a two year stint in the Div 1 FVSL. They have not been impressive in the first two games (two ties). Delta is struggling with numbers and could be in tough this weekend. Aldergrove to win.

SFC Sundowners v Peace Arch United - Chimney Hill Elem School
This could be the match O the week. SFC have won both there games but played weak team. Having said that The same hold true for league leaders PAU. PAU to win.

Mission Celtic v Academico Alumni - Hatzic Park
AA are lucky to still be in the league. Mission has started slow as they always do. Look for a Mission win.

Surrey United v Poco City Thunder - Cloverdale Athletic Park
A shoking result really for SU last week vs the SCFF. I saying they come back strong with a positive result vs POCO. SU have not lost a game in, I can not count the years, a long long time.
SU will win easy.

All Blacks v IFC - Noel Booth Park
This will be a close game. The question to be asked are will the All Blacks field eleven? Will the All Blacks have kits, flags, nets, balls, Jonah Lomu? If they do I am picking them to win this game.... :knvb:

Thanks, looking forward to hearing from you all or you will just keep getting my mindless drivel:D

highlander

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Right in the Tamalies

:eek: :eek: 5 minutes into the match right smack in the bits and peices ,twig and berries ,:eek:
Followed by a comment get up you dont use those any more.(I think the person who yelled that should check his own gear for use).NIL
After a full recovery I notch one.:bronco:
The wheather was brillant ,so was the barbeque after the game
P.S thanks for the support JORDINHO,up your kilt;)
Hookenhighlander(eyethatlberight)

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whew!!!

PAU 2 - SFC 2

Not a particularly well played game, but a tough fought battle. Lots of grit and determination from both teams. SFC is a better team this year. Deely and wee Joe where two of SFC better players on the day. Deely got a red card for all his effort, late in the game. I'm sure he will tell his tail of woe to all who will listen. ;) He did not deserve a red in my opinion. SFC had plenty of desire and will be a team to be reckoned with every Sunday morning. PAU was fortunate to tie the game with only minutes left on the clock and walk away with a single point on the day. The beer was frothy and tasted oh so good...;) why else do we play!!!!

bringthecoolerandwatchthemonkeysdance:bronco: :wa: :knvb:

jordy

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United 3 Poco City 0

Since Highlander is more worried about his twig and berries, I thought that I would inform everyone of the outcome of our game.

Highlites were Angelo going for a shite during the game and then it ended ( his shite and the game )

jordy out.

oldbutgold

Nov 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
all blacks

The first ever win for the new Shark club all-blacks was recorded this weekend. Hopefully this will be the first of many !!!!!!!!
We beat IFC 3-1 actually all-blacks 3 IFC 0 ref 1 , sounds like whining but this ref was determined to give them a goal , two suspect penalties and two indirect free kicks from 10 yards out all within 5 minutes. I think the league will like playing the all-blacks, we try and play the game the way it is supposed to be played no kick and run here just flowing football ( Please excuse our first ever game 9-1 loss to peace arch , we were extremly short staffed ). I think we will turn into a top 4 club by years end, lofty goals yes but I believe. I encourage any talented players currently not playing who like good footy and a few frothy ones after to come out and join our New club , Could be the start of something very good !!!!!!!!
Good luck to all players and teams this year we look forward to developing a rivalry or two .
5bigtoes your shite !!!!!!!!!!

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Long time no viddy.

Back in Black. All Black.
Hello there you crusty old bastards.
Can't say I've missed your drivel, just your smilin' gobs on Sunday mornings. Glad to be shut of the Oldie-Olys and playin' with a more dedicated bunch. Still workin' on the Hakka. Hope you all tie this weekend while we hopefully give Delta a right thumpin'.
ps
Bollocks to the gay fruit attachments.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
old but old,

You can say what you like about me!!! Very creative by the way. Take some lessons from BullyB, put together at least one thought, think it through, take some time to type it out, and then post!!! Simple isn't it? Sort of like the way we dismantled you lot the very first week. :D

Here's a big hello to the new and improved Golden Olys! OPPS!!!! I mean All Blacks....

and here's to BullyB's favorite fruits, I think this is what I saw when we played the All Blacks;
:bronco: :knvb: :wa: :bronco: :knvb: :wa: :knvb: :bronco: :wa:

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fixtures for September 29

Masters Division Sunday Sept. 29

Delta Metro United v All Blacks Association Park
Should be a good game and like BullyB says I think the All Blacks win.

Surrey FC Firemen v Aldergrove United Newton Athletic Park # 5
SCFF should manage a victory in this one. Aldergroves first year back in the over 30's has been rocky so far and key players are missing.

Poco City Thunder v Sapperton Old Boys McLean Park
pick'em, battle of the bottom dwellers....

Academico Alumni v Surrey United Noel Booth Park
SU should win this game dispite missing Jordy, who's off to find himself...
Peace Arch United v Mission Celtic South Surrey Athletic # 6
PA takes this game at home. I think Mission has to get up at 5am to get to the park on time!!!!

IFC v SFC Sundowners Strawberry Hill School
SFC will destroy the IFC mob.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United 3-1 Academico

This was not an enjoyable game to play, at least for me. Blurred vision after a header that lead to a migraine style headache, not to mention an opposing team that played more with their mouths than anything else. Unfcukingbelievable. Everything was offside. Everything was a handball. Everything was obstruction. Shut the fcuk up!

Some of you TTP'ers will remember one of my posts regarding this team and their female supporter last year. I'll refresh your memory. We are winning 6-0 or something like that, and here is this walking PMS test model screaming with that nails-on-the-chalkboard voice, " Get them. Keep running. They are getting tired! They are getting tired!" Yeah tired of that screaching voice. On top of that, she is always on my side of the fcuking field. Ironically, I moved to the left side in the second half. I was filled with Advil and went on because someone was hurt and there I was again, beside this tangled ovarian cyst of a woman. I guess that is enough. She is likely someone's wife and mother (oh my!) and I should beore respectful of that. But if she was my wife......

Murray Howes put on a clinic. Muirhead ran like a spring chicken.:eek: They did put us off for a while but we knew that we would come around, and we did. The Academico team has some solid players who never give up. If only some of them could shut up and just play.

Oh I forgot to mention the bitch slap that their "pretty forward" performed on our central defender. Very nice and very feminine. You are correct. You are "prettier than me". What a game!:rolleyes:

It'seasytotakethisdemeanourwhenyouhaveasplittingheadache

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
uneventful

PA 3 Mission 0

A very boring game. Mission struggled most of the game and where really never in this one.

As for this weekend October 6 matches are as follows:

Sapperton Old Boys v Academico Alumni - Erma Stephenson Park
Aldergrove United v Poco City Thunder - Parkside West
Delta Metro United v Surrey FC Firemen - Association Park
Mission Celtic v IFC - Hatzic Park
Surrey United v Peace Arch United - Cloverdale Athletic Park
All Blacks v SFC Sundowners - Noel Booth Park

MOTW- PA v SU
Ballbaby, Jordy, Highlander and Co. meet 5bt, Chalkie and all the rest of the boys from PA. Should be a good punch-up! :D

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hip Hip Hooray

SU vs PA
I'm sure this encounter will be a doozy.
Too bad Mr Millar can't attend, he tends
to have an unsettling effect on certain SU players.
Be good lads and shake hands you grumpy bastards.

The All Blacks will have their hands full this weekend with an inform SFC. However new boys, All Blacks, are starting to show some promise. :cool:

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SU 2 - PA 0

Yes a big fat zero, buzz, nothin', nada!!!! Yes! I was pissed off !!!!!:mad: but in retrospect, this is why Surrey United continue to be the class of the league year after bloody year. They find a way to win. I thought we started a bit slow and SU carried the game to us, but after 20 minutes PA gradually controlled the game and looked dangerous. There where some good opportunities at both ends of the park. It was a battle, a hard fought tilt, but like the big brother who pushes his little brothers face in the snow, SU found that little extra when it counted most. A frickin' free kick over to DOOOOOgie and clinically he finished it. PA heads down could not recover no matter how hard they tried, G Johnson finished us off with about ten minutes left.

My hat goes off to these old geezers! Well done and thanks for the lesson once again, it was an enjoyable 90 minutes!;) and we will see you again!!!

The beers made the whole game seem so trival and the social the whole reason for being at the park in the first place. :D

oldbutgold

Nov 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ALL Blacks Win big

What a great result for the newly formed ALL BLACKS, 3-0 over SFC. This was All Blacks right from the start, we scored about 2 minutes into the game, and from there on it was all all-blacks .SFC did put some pressure on at the start of the second half but the back 4 handled the pressure well and our keeper handled the long shots quite easily. Our club is starting to establish a reputation of playing good footie and this weekend was a good indication of how we are coming along , I think we will establish ourselves as a top 5 club by year end, and maybe better. Hell we even get 14-15 out to practice which is a great improvement over the oly's style of just sunday's no training.
Back to the game ,I must give the ref (ned mullock ) a bit of praise as it was a well reffed game ,even with the constant whining of a few SFC players. With that in mind I must say you would think that after all the years we have played footie we would have learned that in a tight game there is going to be a bit of a physical presence but these boys must think it is flag soccer with no touching allowed , Jesus shut up and get on with it !!!!!
Great game in the middle of the park by john and jody and watts was his usual stellar self, back line was solid. Looks like good things to come !!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts