Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters] Results & Banter - October & November 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL Masters] Results & Banter - October 2004

Thanks for the congrats. Will post some details later when I'm in a "proper" mood. :D

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Congratulations Spiro... and team. Well done guys!

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Know all about you boys from the Gorge girls(Ladies).
Congrats just the same.
Cheers!

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Excellent Win Surrey United! You all must be on top of the world. I Look forward to shaking your hands when you get back....

Now we can truly say we have the best Over 35 league in all the land. :D

Maybe you guys should hustle home and play tonight against Costa Rica?

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well done SU! Bringing home the bacon.

But what have you done lately?

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I had this big post written out, a description of everyone's contribution, and it was a long one. So, I deleted it. I figured, who really wants to hear about each and every player on SU. So a short synopsis is what you get, unless I get the urge to write more. :p

Everyone played so well. I think it is safe to say that we have a collection of some of the great character players in the local game. They've been around a long time and accomplished so much in their careers; university championships, national Championships, national team members, professional players etc. They have carried their success over to the Master's level and thrived. The Western Canadians is not the same caliber of anything we play here, ScottyShell is correct. However, there is a pressure not to scew up, as I am sure he can attest. It would make us all look bad here. In fact, that was the driving force for us to win. 12 goals for, none against. 4 victories. We didn't want to come home and try to explain how we were by far the best team but "got unlucky". We partied hard and played hard. Now that is something we all do well in our part of the woods, and we do it better than the rough and tough prairie boys.

Calgary reminds me of the FF. Same style. We have guys that can play physical and definitely have enough guys skilled enough to finish the job. We played them in a "mean nothing game" on the Sunday that turned out to be a very physical affair and certainly set the tone for Monday. Unlike Calgary, we did not rest anyone on the Sunday. They set the tone with some rough challenges for a "mean nothing game", but it wasn't as if we didn't expect that. They rested the "big guns" for Monday's tilt and I do admit that we wondered if we made a mistake by not doing the same. But who's our big guns? We pride our team on the equity and the reluctance not to distinguish one over the other. I would be remiss to not state the importance of Murray Howes in the Final and a brilliant goal that found him beating the keeper after challenging their backline on an exhausting run. Yet, this all started from a fantastic challenge won by Randy Carmichael at the left back position who found Harkinson in the midfield who threaded a clinical pass to Howes. And that was it. We had other chances but really there was no threat of them scoring. We had to be on our toes and at our best, but it was our game, no question.

Socially, lots of drinks, of course, especially on the way home. Lloydminister's entire population smokes. Unfcukingbelievable! We have it good here folks. No kidding. Met some great people from other provinces. Some great gals. The Gorge gals were fun. They fought so hard in the final and lost on penos. They'll be back next year and hopefully so will we.

I'm not so ccoky to state we will be back as some would so love me to do, but it certainly is a possibility. We've been a target for sometime now and relish the role. New competition is what was needed, so whoever wins it can go out and win the Western's again.

Oh yeah, the good ole CSA? They handed out some beautiful medals, no trophy, but some nice medals. Too bad, some of them had "Eastern Canadian Champions, Montreal" on them. :rolleyes: I guess we can call ourselves National champs.

Too much to tell in a post and I am at work, so I better get back to it. :D

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Must've been one of your quieter days to write a story like that while at work....?
Medals...you can't call them that...kids get better participation medals in tourney's around here.
Targets???? Putting ourselves on a pedestal are we? Seems to me if it wasn't for a screw up by a teams manager/president...you guys wouldn't have even gone back to the Westerns/Canadians?
Also looks like you're behind the eight ball league wise as the NEW Rangers(no firefighter name attached)are now 5 pts up...pedestal is shaking......

Cheers!

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Seems to me if it wasn't for a screw up by a teams manager/president...you guys wouldn't have even gone back to the Westerns/Canadians?

LOL. You have a bit of nerve. Funny, how we seem to forget your win at the Westerns and how it came to be. Don't like to go there because it sounds like sour grapes but come on man! :rolleyes:

It's a long year. Just getting going.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Here's a pic of the squad. Faces are red from windburn, not alcohol. :rolleyes:

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ballbaby said:
LOL. You have a bit of nerve. Funny, how we seem to forget your win at the Westerns and how it came to be. Don't like to go there because it sounds like sour grapes but come on man! :rolleyes:

It's a long year. Just getting going.
You lost me on that one??? Which one of the TWO are you talking about??
Cheers! :confused:

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Scottyshell said:
You lost me on that one??? Which one of the TWO are you talking about??
Cheers! :confused:

Recollection of your squad being asked to fill a spot in the Westerns a few years back held here locally. Vic A's won that year against us in the BC finals, O'30's, but we weren't asked to enter impromptly organized Westerns for whatever reason, an oversight?

Westerns were an O'35's event so like Victoria and yourselves and ourselves, some players couldn't play, but being the Finalists we should have been the second team, don't ya think? We all played O'30's then, no O'35's in BC. Point is, you shouldn't have been there that year, even though you won the event. If I am wrong, I apologize, but I don't think I am. I'm getting so old, I forget details easily. :rolleyes: Old news. You guys were a great team so there was no point in trying to diminish or tarnish your result that year. Begs to question why you feel compelled to tarnish ours. :confused:

Be happy that BC won again Scotty. Where's the love? :D

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ballbaby said:
Westerns were an O'35's event so like Victoria and yourselves and ourselves, some players couldn't play, but being the Finalists we should have been the second team, don't ya think? We all played O'30's then, no O'35's in BC. Point is, you shouldn't have been there that year, even though you won the event. If I am wrong, I apologize, but I don't think I am. I'm getting so old, I forget details easily.

forgot about that one ballbaby...but I remember some clown in the bc office rumoured to be linked to the firemen(how I'm not sure) "nominated" them to be the extra rep instead of 2nd place SU.
but as you say, that's old news now, but worth a piss-take considering the source.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Westside was asked that year if we were interested and we said we weren't (for reasons I can't remember)...not that we were offered the spot but we were asked if we wanted to throw our names in.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

It's nice to hear your quick version of the tourney Ballsie. I am Happy you guys won and it does the league and players in our League good to be associated and play against you lot, No matter how much we all like to beat you guys every Sunday (Friday night?) morning. :D

True Class and Congratualations!

5BTwishinghecouldbeapartofaBIGCLUBandwinallthoseawardsfromFVSLtoLloydminister'swheretheentirepopulationsmokes :D ;)

futbol

Jun 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey 5bt,s, If you keep making post,s like your last few, your going to get a reputation as a Bag licker...........Too late.............

Phatanslow

Oct 2, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Easy now Futbol !!! He may brown nose the big clubs a bit but let's not let those 2:31 am drunken posts make you look like too much of an ASS !! I am glad Surrey won but they are still a bunch of tossers !!! Good team but tossers none the less !!
Now on to something much more important ---- My predictions !!! Last time I was almost spot on , let's see how we do this week !!
Aldergrove vs Delta -- 4-1 Aldergrove , a good hard working club !!
Sapperton vs All-Blacks-- 2-1 All-blacks , I think the thumping that the rangers put on sapperton brought them back down to earth .
Surrey vs Academico-- Do they really need to play this game " Yikes " 9-0 Surrey
Poco vs Rangers-- Another sound thumping , 8-0 Rangers
Looks like the game to watch will be the All-Blacks vs Sapperton , hopefully the all-blacks can get a few of there church goers to miss church and play some sunday morning footie !! Or else this too will be a thumping !!!
Good luck everyone ,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0