Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters Premier Division] Predictions, Results, & Banter 2017/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASSMAN

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
PM Rangers 6-2 over Temple tonight. They went up 2-0 in the first 10 or 15. We calmed down and sorted it out with 6 unanswered goals. Just thought I would put something out there since this thread is a goast town!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Give him a break. he meant Coast Town, cause Port Moody is technically on the coast, sort of...well, mucky inlet, but still....

You think you're so smart, Regs.

Masters: It's an impossible formula. Maybe next year you merge Div.1 and Prem and have a super table? I dunno. No easy one on that front. Pretty sure the VMSL deals with the same issues.

ASSMAN

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
My apologies for my childish spelling. No proof reading and with my spelling proof reading is necessary. I'm sure Masters will stay the same unless some teams in div 1 are decent and want to make the move. It would be nice to have more competitive teams to play on a weekly basis but it is what it is.

Playersclub

Sep 4, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can see next Masters fall with Prem, Div 1 and Div 2. There has been an obvious gap in Div M1 quality this year. I think the purpose of merging M1 and M2 was to see which teams can cut it in M1 and to see which teams will need to go to M2.

peg leg

Mar 22, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can see next Masters fall with Prem, Div 1 and Div 2. There has been an obvious gap in Div M1 quality this year. I think the purpose of merging M1 and M2 was to see which teams can cut it in M1 and to see which teams will need to go to M2.
Okay, I will weigh in. I remember this topic being batted around last year and the year before and before....

This is tough, for the simple reason that it is tough to get 15 ( make it 20 dedicated!) old guys to commit. Injuries, work and families make it hard. To compete in Masters Prem, you have to have that commitment. The level is still high, I know for sure that there is a huge gap between M1 and Prem. Poco didn't win a game in Prem and are wiping it up in M1. I'm sure that Langley could get a team if the Players, Knights and Heat would put their best players forward. But why leave a team that you have been with forever?

I have played a few games with the Knights and love it. Great guys, a few laughs and a great post game. BUT I play with Dynamo because I still love the game rush, the pregame jitters, the butterflies before the game. With M1, it's no biggie if I'm late for warm-up or even not warm up. No tension or angst, fun but different. I think a lot of the guys like that. For that reason, I don't see growth in Masters Prem.

I don't know how the ages are looking in places like Maple Ridge and Port Moody. I know Dynamo has a whole slew ( ten I believe) that became Masters eligible last year. I know Sparta has a bunch as well and when we see each other , we often say 'Let's play Masters!' but we still run around like idiots chasing the young guys.

It would be nice to have more teams, I wouldn't want to play the same team 3,4 or 5 times (depending on cup play). I think that there are numbers out there playing open for Masters but need guys to step up and organize and run a team.

Sniffer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Sep 24, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

I would agree they need to go back to Prem, Master 1, Masters 2.

It would help Premier if some of the teams playing open would bite the bullet and create masters teams for sure, remember Masters Premier does have Provincial Cup spots to play for.

ASSMAN

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Port Moody 6-1 over Delta last night in a game that was never in doubt from the beginning. This sets us up for a massive game next Friday against North Delta for the league title . North Delta only needs a tie for the title and we have to win. They have our number this year beating us in the first two fixtures this year. Looking forward to a very intense and entertaining match.

ASSMAN

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Port Moody 1-0 over North Delta in a hard fought battle. We scored early and held them at bay. Second half they had most of the play but we dug deep and held them off. Great win and we won't have to travel to the island for the provincials thank God!

Harder Ballz

Jun 14, 2018
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey,
You guys hear these summer "Indian" tournaments are giving away serious prize money?
I heard 2 of the tournaments are giving away $10,000 in the open A divisions and they are now open to ALL teams. If I was you guys I wud stack a team and collect

GO HARD OR GO HOME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts