Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters Premier Division] Predictions, Results, & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One correction: the racist allegation was actually posted here on TTP, that's not BS, it actually happened, and the guy who made the allegation still hasn't rescinded it, and obviously feels no remorse, and doesn't seem to understand how damaging that can be to the man he accused.

Kyle obviously had a nightmare. Seen the show, don't doubt for a second it was a mess. That doesn't make him racist, and that comment by Stringer was serious, and potentially very damaging for Kyle. I ask you this, did he deserve THAT?

I definitely agree with you that the aftermath of the abandonment benefited ST. Clearly. Fresh legs vs. dead legs with (I think?) one sub going into 30 minutes extra time? Yeah, no doubt that benefited one squad. They have no reason to moan...it's almost like getting a get-out-of-jail free card.

Their comeback from 2-0 down, and winning in PKs, still impressive.

Last edited:

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Koppite. Quit feeling sorry for yourself bud. Yes it benefit temple to have the days off but it also gave your coaching staff extra days to google a gameplan on how to beat 9 guys. Pretty sure that leaving all 4 defenders at centre is not a gameplan on beating a team. They were Fresh so we're you. They had 9 u had 11 and they came back to tie and u couldn't finish that's sports. Maybe resit down in the grass roots coaching Clinic again a learn that pressing a team with less guys is an option. Boo hoo Load. Blame yourself, or maybe having more guys with foam in their mouth can be a good thing sometimes. You got the league that's pretty cool too. I gotta say I haven't posted cause all this racist garbage is ridiculous. But I couldn't go on after the guy crying how they were hard done by that temple got to rest their players. So did u Load. 9 v 11 30 min figure it out or loose with the fact that in sports you just never know. Still foaming but never pushed around. #everyone really bleeds blue,check your veins.

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
About the Kyle thing. Realize that none of us are good players and that we don't deserve top class refs. Yes he's not the best by anymeans but neither is our touch so fcuk. It's disgusting that he's been bashed the way he has. Who cares some guys suck some are better. U want better refs go to Roman tulis soccer school and maybe play in a better league next year. I do think he needs tougher skin as having fans yelling and into it is great. Go to newton in summer and watch a game it's awesome. Anyways I'm back to sleeping see ya in winter. I'm out to the best summer team in province.

Koppite

Mar 15, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
I actually congratulated ST on winning if you actually re-read my post. They came back to tie (with 10 men not 9) and then beat us and kudos to them for doing that. Your right we didn't execute on the night and played in Temple's game plan.
What I was saying is the league should of grown a pair and actually not replayed the game. 4 reds and a ref who felt "threatened" enough to abandon the game gets you a replay? It was a weak decision by the league.

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well I disagree if he felt threatened by the fans and the players weren't then they haven't done anything wrong. Bottom line is why give u a win when it's 2 2 and the are down men. Earn it. Not being a cnut that's just sports u just don't know.

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last thing. It wasn't a reply a replay would have been 11 v 11 for 90. They simply said finish the game. Anyways. Dead horse sing up for those clinics

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Koppite what do you suggest they do after an abandonment ends at a 2-2 tie? Draw from a hat? Game has to have a winner.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, on this one I'm pretty much in agreement w/ the league...which is actually one of the things I least like doing.

What other choices? This could not go down as a draw. Had to have a result.

Complete replay is totally unfair to ND, because- as stated- they did everything right most of the match, including staying off the ref's tits. Too bad they coughed up the 2 goal lead, but that makes for great drama. Honestly wish I would have seen that match, because what a comeback.

There really was no other choice in terms of completing the match. But, that decision had to favor one team, and it favored the team that needed fresh legs the most.

Kind of an unprecedented situation, actually. Don't envy the league on that.

The only question in my mind was sending back the same officiating crew, but again, league is in a no win situation there. One team may scream bloody murder, the other may have loved it. Besides, for the optics of transparency and fairness, best to use the same crew again.

The league honestly could not have done anything else. I can't think of any other fairer resolution to a very difficult problem.

There you go Mills, take your bouquet and enjoy it. Better give it some water, you won't be getting another one anytime soon.

Last edited:

Slide Tackle

Sep 26, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
From what I could see the only thing foaming at the mouth last nite was the ref waiting for Temple to do anything to warrant calls....

On a side note for all of you who know the rules of the beautiful game......

Ref was holding up his watch in the overtime showing he was stopping and starting it when the ball went out of bounds or if North Delta made a sub. Temple didn't make a sub from what I could see.

This was for the most part when ND kicked the ball out of bounds and no I did not see any time wasting at all...... Others can substantiate this on this thread.

..... Then after saying 2 minutes to go added 2 more on for good measure......

Please advise.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Stringer. Right thing to do, and you can still keep your opinion that he is a shitty ref.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Dude you have a point.

I rescind attaching the word racist to a sentence with Kyle, it was not well thought out.

Congrats to SFC Temple on what I heard was a nervewracking finale

I thinks its all just a mis understanding with KW. I bumped into him after the game. He was in the middle of changing out of his Referee attire.

I did find the undershirt he was wearing a little odd though. But after I thought about it a bit it all started to make sense.

allergic_to_blueberries_tshirt.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0