Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL Master's Premier 2019/2020

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So we are playing our brother team in nd this week. We don't really have an a and b as at beginning of year we were gonna do one big team but because of how the league was loosing teams we decided to roll and try to make 2 teams to help out. It's been a bit of a struggle ill be honest as for 2 teams in masters u need about 20min per team so it's a scramble every week to pull bodies. I'll be honest as we wernt super thrilled to have to play against each other. The nd guys of last year had a good group of guys and had done well in league for years. We had about 15 new guys to come over thinkling to jump in and move forward. We have had to play back n forth in order to do so. The thing I do not like about playing your club team is u can throw a game to help out whomever more. Do we score 25 goals to get better differential than moody incase that might mean something down the line. do they win and put pressure on those fridge teams in top 4. Or do we let our keeper score 30 times and win the golden boot. ??? Decisions decisions.
All in all it has to be played it's to bad but that's the schedule. The good thing is I can play drunk and nobody will complain he smells like vodka ref.

Chilliwack moody should be a good one this week though but chilliwack come the fcuk on 6pm in the wack on Sunday?? Have u herd of the NFL? Do u eat dinner with the family ever? Joke time. That's why everyone pulled outta league. What's the point of chilliwack if u can't hit dukes on the way home till 2am on Fri or sat nite. Bush league

Garsie boy

Nov 21, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
So we are playing our brother team in nd this week. We don't really have an a and b as at beginning of year we were gonna do one big team but because of how the league was loosing teams we decided to roll and try to make 2 teams to help out. It's been a bit of a struggle ill be honest as for 2 teams in masters u need about 20min per team so it's a scramble every week to pull bodies. I'll be honest as we wernt super thrilled to have to play against each other. The nd guys of last year had a good group of guys and had done well in league for years. We had about 15 new guys to come over thinkling to jump in and move forward. We have had to play back n forth in order to do so. The thing I do not like about playing your club team is u can throw a game to help out whomever more. Do we score 25 goals to get better differential than moody incase that might mean something down the line. do they win and put pressure on those fridge teams in top 4. Or do we let our keeper score 30 times and win the golden boot. ??? Decisions decisions.
All in all it has to be played it's to bad but that's the schedule. The good thing is I can play drunk and nobody will complain he smells like vodka ref.

Chilliwack moody should be a good one this week though but chilliwack come the fcuk on 6pm in the wack on Sunday?? Have u herd of the NFL? Do u eat dinner with the family ever? Joke time. That's why everyone pulled outta league. What's the point of chilliwack if u can't hit dukes on the way home till 2am on Fri or sat nite. Bush league
I don’t post on here much but no one likes going out to ND once a year at 9pm let alone twice specially without changing rooms/showers etc now that’s bush league

peg leg

Mar 22, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
That sounds like a 2 team premier division to me.

Very tough one....May have to form the division with top 8 and let natural graduation of guys turning 35 and wanting high level masters ball sort it out over the coming years.
I happen to get to a few games to watch, the Knights moved to Aldergrove which hurt any of us LUSA boys playing up, the difference in play this season is substantial. Masters soccer in the FVSL has declined in quality. An eight team A league is the only way to go. The bottom 2 or 3 may get spanked in this new division but a 4 team A division is silly.

Dynamo are close to go Masters and might go next year and I don't know about teams like Mission or Poco Royals. I haven't heard much about any new teams being injected, seems guys are deciding to play open div.2 or 3 then move up.

Rosie11

Sep 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
My personal opinion is an 8-10 team league would be best.

For the past bunch of years it has been 6, with a clear top 4. I completely understand why those bottom 2 teams weren't overly interested in staying in the league when they only get 2-3 competitive games a year and 8-12 very difficult games. If there was at least 8, then those teams would play at least half and half and they would experience a lot more success over the course of the season

***BTW, I have the utmost respect for and South Surrey and Delta United and they deserve full credit for their performances over the past couple of years. I can't think of an 'easy' game against either of them and often they came out hard and got points in games against the top 4 teams.***

Now forgive me for not doing that 'Dave' guys homework and reading the BC Soccer regulations book, I'll take his word for it that it is a good read. I don't actually know the regulations around A and B provincial cups, but it seems as though this is one of the biggest problems for the both the FVSL 'premier' leagues. Why would a team want to be a bottom team in Prem when they can compete for a provincial spot in another league/Division? Especially when the gap to get into the top 3/4 is so vast. Ideally it would be nice if they could pull off something more like Europe, where the top 3 go to the A provincials and the next 4 go to the B cup. Last year I am pretty sure South Surrey would have done well in the B provincials.

I happen to get to a few games to watch, the Knights moved to Aldergrove which hurt any of us LUSA boys playing up, the difference in play this season is substantial. Masters soccer in the FVSL has declined in quality. An eight team A league is the only way to go. The bottom 2 or 3 may get spanked in this new division but a 4 team A division is silly.

Dynamo are close to go Masters and might go next year and I don't know about teams like Mission or Poco Royals. I haven't heard much about any new teams being injected, seems guys are deciding to play open div.2 or 3 then move up.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys know you're all 40 right? Thinning hair, expanding waist lines, nagging fork and knife wondering why you still come home at 1 from 'training'. You were meant to be competitive and 'win stuff' when you were younger so you could you sit back and enjoy it now. In between injuries.

Rosie11

Sep 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for noticing I still have hair!

Its not about winning, I just don't want to play Baskott every second week.

You guys know you're all 40 right? Thinning hair, expanding waist lines, nagging fork and knife wondering why you still come home at 1 from 'training'. You were meant to be competitive and 'win stuff' when you were younger so you could you sit back and enjoy it now. In between injuries.

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hahahaha. I'll be hunting you down out there rosey. Hahaha. Your lucky We are both leftys as I don't come across your way to often. But I can play right mid one game maybe. Not sure what to do in an attacking end but it'll sort itself out.

We changed fields this year from delsom cause that field was shite and can't even wear soccer cleats on it anymore. At Mackie there are change rooms just be nice and we'll let u in. We chose going to a better field to help the bodies out. A Friday nite is better than Sunday at 6 in hope for Christ sakes. Don't even start with that.

Regardless of age I think everyone still plays to be competitive and that's why we do it. We arnt out there to win as I agree that's what youth is for but we still have a desire to play and win. Ask Abby or a lower team if they are having fun and don't mind being humped by moody types. Everyone wants to be in a game and be competitive.
Full head of hair, fcuked up ankles. I get it but 1am seems early to be home after training. Get a room kvnb your better than that.

KingFisher

Dec 12, 2018
Tokens
Dirty Money
That sounds like a 2 team premier division to me.

Very tough one....May have to form the division with top 8 and let natural graduation of guys turning 35 and wanting high level masters ball sort it out over the coming years.

They go to VMSL when they want high level Prem or Master's ball

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They go to VMSL when they want high level Prem or Master's ball

Nah, not really. Well, maybe now, but it's a bit like a self fullfilling prophecy; if the division and competition doesn't exist, guys move leagues.

Otherwise, it's cycles.

A few years ago there were so many guys graduating into over 35 there were several very good teams in Masters, then it split into Prem, D1, D2. Still a bunch of solid teams at Prem. Problem is guys get old and priorities change, and the drain of the guys wanting and able to play MP is faster than the guys coming in that are willing and able to compete goes faster. The last squad I played on was as guilty as any of this. We chose to run w/ a 25 man roster in M1, didn't train, showed up, and were top 2 or 3. Had some fun Cup matches, really fun seasons, and we were all OK with this. Until, Manager @Rangerforever retired, and nobody grabbed the keys. Probably 3/4 of that squad could have been competitive in MP had we chosen to focus on that, but also add in a weekly well attended training session. Thing was, most of us didn't want that.

Now, yeah...if they want to compete in MP, a lot just go fill the ranks in VMSL instead. It's easier than having to create a squad. I get it. Look at @Gurps, perfect example of an old, albeit, very handsome youngish looking old fart still willing and able to battle it out at MP, but in the VMSL.

I think what everyone above has suggested is bang on, you need a 8-10 team top division, and if you build it, hopefully the players will filter in instead of filtering over.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts