Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL Masters Div 2 /2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikitikitavi

Nov 3, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
NSR 3-2 SSB. Close game last night at Gates. Bullets i suspect came with some div 1 ringers and did well the first 20 minutes but couldn't score. Then we gradually started to get the better of the play. NSR took the lead about midway through first half but Bullets levelled within 2 mins. We took the lead again right before half time and they again levelled about two minutes into second half. They missed a free header fromabout six yards out with about fifteen to go then shortly afterwards our winner came from a pretty passing play to work the ball into the right corner; looping cross found NSR's tallest player completely unmarked at far post. His header hit the target. Bad goal to give up to lose a match. On a sidenote, both our games last week v Caps and last night involved a lot of dramatics and beaking off both at the ref and against the other team. It seems like even a routine foul now infuriates and brings calls for payback and pleas for cards. I expected it from the Caps (at least from their little #2...but last week it seemed like half their team had picked up on it). Don't think we're a dirtier team than others; would like to see this stop. That kind of bullshit is what leads to guys losing their cool and doing fouls that actually are dangerous.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
poco game was way tighter than expected. Although their linesmen's non stop commentary was very entertaining. Right before kick off i hear "it's the underdogs vs the hotdogs", classic. Decent ref, no cards given out which we all prefer to last weeks shocking display. We will find out rhythm, we gutted out 3 points last night and we were lucky to get them.

Sniffer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Sep 24, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Went to watch the SSFC V White Rock Game tonight...i really believe the league should take a strong look at whether the ref from the night can continue...i feel bad as he may need the income but at one point he was so out of breath i thought he was going to keel over and have a heart attack he hardly moved from the centre circle so it was not like he did too much running.

At $70 a game now the FVSL must be able to get refs that can do a better job and not risk their health either.

rbks

Aug 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually no you can't get better referees.
It's hard for the league to find referees period!
Alot of the refs don't want to do masters games because of the bitching the players give them.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
thought i would try to get this thread going again, we had some good banter last year but it has died off completely this year. here are the games for the weekend and now that i have seen each team play i feel better about my guesses at the results:

N.Delta 1 - 3 Vintage
Bullets 2 - 3 NSR
Temple 2 - 1 Saints
Heat 1 - 3 White Rock

what say you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money