Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters Div 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great job on going undefeated into the winter break Sniffster - Players are a very tough team.
Especially the day after your Christmas party. :vomit: :D

LFC 2 Temple 0
Good sportsmanlike game with not much between the two teams except for a great goal on an another individual effort from Carnie in the 1st half, and another insurance marker for us with about 15 to go.
Great save by Big BP on a peno very late in the game to keep his sheet clean.

Merry Christmas guys!
RF

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surprised nobody has posted about this yet....

A great match last night between LFC and South Surrey. Apparently their promotion was on the line. We just wanted three points because three points is more funner than one point, which is more funner than zero points.

As I said, great match...contentious, competitive, hard tackles, and for the most part mutual respect shown between players.

For the most part.

And in these key games you always hope the man in the middle can just blend into the background, and avoid making match deciding decisions. Not to be last night.

So, this post will come across as bitter because the score was 2-1 in favor of SS, punching their ticket to MP (@knvb, we have it on very good authority these guys want to go up, don't let them off the hook). Not true. I'm bitter because midway through the second half, the SS Keeper punched through Dana Ferguson, who was in the clear with the go-ahead goal on his foot.

Dana nearly slotted it anyhow. But he never saw that, as the keeper went two fisted through Dana's nose. No attempt to play the ball at all. Then stood over Dana swearing at him, telling him to get up.

Tempers flared as Dana layed unmoving and completely dazed for some time. With a nice cut a cross the bridge of his nose and blood seeping out.

The ref claimed to have not seen it. This was as obvious a PK if there ever were one, and likely a red, but we'd take the yellow and PK.

Nope.

A short while later they scored, but we kept pressing and had our chances. Many forays into the box. On one, the SS keeps runs past Kieron, and makes contact, and in one motion distributes the ball then flops on the pitch, rolling around, holing his leg, disgustingly Central American of him. It was embarrassing.

Now, game changing decision #2...

Our Paulo Valdez, who we'd advised to the ref would be arriving in the second half, showed up in the 2nd. As we knew and advised the ref. in the beginning, the ref said he should check in with him when he arrived, which he did. Gets on, and all of a sudden we get a call from the SS Bench. "Um, ref, we have a problem with this, he's ineligible."

Ok, seriously?

Discussion ensues, and the ref reverses his decision to allow Paulo into the match. Based on what, we're not sure. But we know this: Paulo is a game breaker. That's no secret and they know it too, cause Paulo scorched them for a class goal earlier in the season.

And you know, in the room after, we did not know the exact wording, but we were under the impression it was the official's discretion as to when to check in the late player. If SS had a problem, they could protest the match.

But during? A bullshit, cowardly move by their manager.

There were several other baffling calls both was throughout. Too many to count.

And on the pitch, 10 of 11 were great lads. Even the guys off the bench.

Enjoy your promotion, SS. I'm sure you would have earned it in the end, but you didn't last night.

Farm Boy

Sep 15, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Same thing when we played them flopping around like fish out of water. And sniffling . Only takes 1 or 2 to ruin the party.....All that being said They wanted the promotion congrats to them and the Masters Premier for getting it. Nice to see a team go up that actually wants to.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surprised nobody has posted about this yet....

A great match last night between LFC and South Surrey. Apparently their promotion was on the line. We just wanted three points because three points is more funner than one point, which is more funner than zero points.

As I said, great match...contentious, competitive, hard tackles, and for the most part mutual respect shown between players.

For the most part.

And in these key games you always hope the man in the middle can just blend into the background, and avoid making match deciding decisions. Not to be last night.

So, this post will come across as bitter because the score was 2-1 in favor of SS, punching their ticket to MP (@knvb, we have it on very good authority these guys want to go up, don't let them off the hook). Not true. I'm bitter because midway through the second half, the SS Keeper punched through Dana Ferguson, who was in the clear with the go-ahead goal on his foot.

Dana nearly slotted it anyhow. But he never saw that, as the keeper went two fisted through Dana's nose. No attempt to play the ball at all. Then stood over Dana swearing at him, telling him to get up.

Tempers flared as Dana layed unmoving and completely dazed for some time. With a nice cut a cross the bridge of his nose and blood seeping out.

The ref claimed to have not seen it. This was as obvious a PK if there ever were one, and likely a red, but we'd take the yellow and PK.

Nope.

A short while later they scored, but we kept pressing and had our chances. Many forays into the box. On one, the SS keeps runs past Kieron, and makes contact, and in one motion distributes the ball then flops on the pitch, rolling around, holing his leg, disgustingly Central American of him. It was embarrassing.

Our Paulo Valdez, who we'd advised to the ref would be arriving in the second half, showed up in the 2nd. As we knew and advised the ref. in the beginning, the ref said he should check in with him when he arrived, which he did. Gets on, and all of a sudden we get a call from the SS Bench. "Um, ref, we have a problem with this, he's ineligible."

Ok, seriously?

Discussion ensues, and the ref reverses his decision to allow Paulo into the match. Based on what, we're not sure. But we know this: Paulo is a game breaker. That's no secret and they know it too, cause Paulo scorched them for a class goal earlier in the season.

And you know, in the room after, we did not know the exact wording, but we were under the impression it was the official's discretion as to when to check in the late player. If SS had a problem, they could protest the match.

There were several other baffling calls both was throughout. Too many to count.

And on the pitch, 10 of 11 were great lads. Even the guys off the bench.

Enjoy your promotion, SS. I'm sure you would have earned it in the end, but you didn't last night.
Which team got the RED and how long did they play with 10?

xRESTRICTEDx

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
There was no red issued ,but should have been a red for ss and a pk! But instead we (LFC) get a yellow for arguing with ref about a horrible call

xRESTRICTEDx

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
All in all hard fought match but ref gave the match away ,not only a bad call with that potential pk but ss first goal was clearly offside! Why do I know that cause I'm the sweeper who let the fwd thru! He was goalside of me

Ricky Bobby

Oct 8, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude, you probably should have let this one rest mate. Considering your manager gave the Glasgow kiss to our keeper after the game, showing some serious lack of class.

First off, really sorry about what happened to Dana, I hate seeing that happen. I can't give a clear report of what happened on that play. What I do know is our keeper should have been off his line way faster to clear that ball and since he didn't, it became a 50/50. Dana did well to get a toe on it before the collision and he almost scored. If that play happened to us, I'm sure we would have expected a pk as well. As far as an intentional blow to the nose with two fists, not so sure. But like I said I didn't have a clear view. I do know that our keeper felt really bad that Dana got hurt on the play. From his behaviour after the game, I didn't get that he was being malicious. I'm sure you guys think differently though and that's fine. Regardless, really sorry he got hurt so bad.

As far as Paulo not being allowed to play in the second half, I have no idea what arrangement you had with the ref before the game. If he reneged on what he said, then I understand why your pissed. I do know that we've never been allowed to play guys that have shown up after half. We had every right to call you on that one, and from there it was up to the ref. Not sure what being cowardly has to do with it.

As far as us not deserving or earning the win, oh please. Your goalie made 3 or 4 stellar saves on clear cut chances from us. The crossbar saved another cracker that looked destined for the back of the net. I'm not sure you had many, if any, dangerous shots on target the whole game? Your one goal was fantastic though, great build up and clinical finish. You guys kept pressing and kept the intensity up the whole game. It was definitely a battle. And Canavor is a beast up front.

I understand your frustration, as your best chance for another goal was to get the pk call on the play with Dana. I will also point out that the ref missed a clear pk call in the first half when your guy blatantly pushed our guy over in the box when he was about to connect with a corner. Very clearly a PK. I'll also mention how many fcuking times your guys took dives in and around the box to try and get a call, I had at least two guys take big dives on tackles I made looking for calls.

Let's stop pretending you didn't want the win just as bad as us, it's clear by your manager's (and some of your players) reactions during and after the game, that you wanted it pretty bloody bad. In my seven years of playing Masters I've seen a lot of missed calls, nasty collisions, and many tempers raging. Not sure I've ever seen a manager lose his shite as yours did last night, (who typically seems like a great guy). Definitely haven't seen a game end with a Glasgow kiss from a manager to a player, which I'm sure would have been worse if we hadn't separated them.

You sound like Mourinho, blaming everybody else for the loss but yourselves. You guys have a great team, best team I've seen from you over the years. I've never had any problems with you guys in the past. We've always had good hard fought games. I will say, that for some reason we've had your number in years gone by, even when you've had better teams than us and finished higher in the table.

All in all it was a good match and you're a good group of guys. Really too bad it was tainted by a couple of incidents. I hate when it comes to that. As for going to Masters Premier, I might move to the Island just to avoid it ;) Last time we were in Premier was about four years ago, I think we finished sixth in Div.1 and nobody else above us wanted to go. We took a beating for a year and came straight back down. Let's hope it will be more enjoyable next year if we decide to go......I mean ummm.

Cheers

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
:D

A great reply. I'll recover from my bottle of red tonight to joust tomorrow.

We agree on a lot, will give you that. Not sure about the smootch, I think it was more like some mutual splittle and nose touching, but one man's Nugga Nugga Noooshka is another man's Glasgow Kiss.

Sniffer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Sep 24, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ok, seriously?

Dude,
This is what the decision to not let Paulo into the match is based on as per FVSL rules and regulations, and its not me putting the last sentence in capitals...not sure how it is 'cowardly', but agree Paulo can be a game changer but he should also be at the game in time to check in.

3(d) An eligible player who is late for the kick-off may participate in the game at the referee’s discretion. He must present his identification card to the referee. NO PLAYER MAY PARTICIPATE IN THE GAME IF HE ARRIVES AFTER HALF TIME.

Also as a club we are glad Dana is not more seriously hurt.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will point out again, losing sucks, but to us it is neither here nor there. We like winning because it's fun, but doing it too often only earns an unwanted promotion up. No thanks.

I'm mostly pissed that a great match was sullied by very poor officiating. I'm sure your keeper felt terrible. I usually feel terrible after doing terrible things myself, so I get that.

You are bang fcuking on about you guys having had our number over the years. One reason why Saturday sits so bitterly, because it really did feel like, up till that incident and non call, we had the momentum to go ahead. From a competitive standpoint, we wanted to beat you guys.

That said, your protest mid match to the ref to keep Paulo off was lame. Why not just let it play out and protest after?

Anyhow, done and done, great season by you guys, you definitely are the top M1 squad this year.

xRESTRICTEDx

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyway u look at it it was a good game and glad its you guys moving up not us! We just wanted to give u the upset not to win the league
Mayb a different game you add Paulo and one of our other top forwards out! Mayb we will meet again come cup play! Either way good luck the rest of the year

badknees7

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow,an 80's rewind to some bitter NDU/SU battles eh,RF!!! and a Glasgow kiss to boot!! Love hearing the old boys are still battlin' hard.
Will have to get out for a pint or three

Cordy

Feb 12, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
SSFC 2 Rapids 0...missing key guys especially our forwards and still should have won easier than this if the ref had not forgot his cards tonight.

Their bald headed CB with the neck tats should have had a red for sure for an elbow to the head that everyone heard let alone saw.

Took until about the 80th minute and numerous warnings from the ref that the next foul the defender that actually got sent off would be sent off to actually get sent off.

Home field advantage and still lost!

Yeah the American History X dude was looking for a curb to stomp some teeth that night. Didn't know you get night release from a jail cell?

Cordy

Feb 12, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Undefeated season and SSFC are going up.

Memories of this season:

1. Blind school gets government grant to place referees in Masters Div 1

2. Chilliwack team resembles the choices you make when you end up in prison. Take the White Supremacists or the Latino Bloods

3. Langley really hate losing but absolutely didn't want to win. Yeah ok boys

4. It rains like a bastard in BC

5. SSFC winger must be some kind of ex pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts