Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL MASTERS CUP 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here are my predictions:

Stars (M2) 3 - 2 S. Delta FC (MP) i think Stars are a premier quality team so should not be considered a huge upset
Delta United (MP) 5 - 0 Poco Bohemians (MP) the "Cinderella" run is OVER !!
Coastal Peace Arch (MP) 4 - 1 Surrey United (M1) should be an easy one for CPA
SFC Temple (MP) 5 - 1 Westcoast Thunder (M1) Temple and Morris should easily take care of the Thunder
N. Delta Rangers (MP) 3 - 0 S. Surrey FC (M1) ND only gave up 6 goals all year and ripped up Premier
Coastal Rangers (M2) 1 - 3 Coastal Legends (M1) sorry TI, the run will end this weekend
Langley FC (M1) 2 - 3 Guildford Caps (M2) i picked against the Caps the first round and am now drinking the Kool-Aid
Poco Dominion (M1) 2 - 4 Poco Rangers (M2) it's going to be a lot of guys against 10 or 11 guys, we will struggle at times but in the end Eli will get more than Woody and our numbers will wear them out.

Looking forward to Friday night !

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mackers what happened
Was yur waddle to slow or yur wobble to slow

I'm guessing Elliot was missing

Have fun in div two masters tubs

Cinderella is out

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
North Delta SC Rangers 1 South Surrey FC 1 - Delta win 5-4 on penalties

Good tough game!

tough one Sniffer, looks like you gave the #1 prem team all they could handle.

Dominion 3 NSR 1

We went down one early only to respond with a cracker about 5 min later. We missed 2 sitters before half that would have put the game away and then Dominion scored on a direct free kick with about 10 left in the first half which deflated us. In the last 25 min we threw everything at them and to their credit they defended well and got one more on the counter to seal it. Well done Dominion...lots of friends on that team and after seeing them struggle most of the year with numbers they played what I thought was their best game. Bad timing for us!!

Good luck to the remaining teams!! Great season all around.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley Div. 1 vs. Surrey Caps Div. 2.

We lost tonight 3-2 against a very plucky Caps squad. Still mad. I'm not ready for my very short season to end. We go up 1-0 about 20 minutes in. Ten minutes later we give one up on a defensive error. Later, about 30 minutes, we score another. All is right again. But no, a generous and balsy call by the ref (called a pass back on a tackle, but the tackle looked like a pass back, thus balsy call…personally though w/ benefit of doubt but call isn’t made; in his defense, Martin was right there to make the call). Late in the 2nd I set Legger up and he scores, only Martin calls it back, saying I committed a hand ball. I passed it off my chest, but the call is made, no goal. My back was to him, and even one of our player’s in the same position said it appeared as a hand ball from that angle. Benefit of the doubt in this case applied.

2nd half we dominated possession, but couldn't score. On their one and only chance, we have a brain fart, with 2 minutes left, commit a foul inside 30, and they score.

Our season essentially over. I think we have one more league game, but it counts for nothing. Out of the cup.

You would think after ~34 years playing this game, and realistically, most seasons not winning any sort of championship, I'd get used to this feeling, but it sucks. Our boys played their guts out, too. Full credit to Caps…they bent and didn’t break. They went hard after every 50/50 ball, and battled like there was no tomorrow inside their 18. They deserved the result. And, even though Martin made a couple of very balsy calls that didn’t go our way, he did a very good job in the middle, keeping tempers at bay, and calling it as he saw it. He was always close to the play and in position. It was a very good game, sucks to be on the wrong side of the results.

Anyhow...more time for skiing this spring I guess.

badknees7

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, the cinderella team continues to shock the FVSL!! Full squad,RF? Too many subs? Wouldn't want to be a garbage can or water bottle following that match, lol!!! Might be 1 or (2) upset characters! See you in the spring team?

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, the cinderella team continues to shock the FVSL!! Full squad,RF? Too many subs? Wouldn't want to be a garbage can or water bottle following that match, lol!!! Might be 1 or (2) upset characters! See you in the spring team?

No flakes on rf summer team
Bridge burned

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley Div. 1 vs. Surrey Caps Div. 2.

We lost tonight 3-2 against a very plucky Caps squad. Still mad. I'm not ready for my very short season to end. We go up 1-0 about 20 minutes in. Ten minutes later we give one up on a defensive error. Later, about 30 minutes, we score another. All is right again. But no, a generous and balsy call by the ref (called a pass back on a tackle, but the tackle looked like a pass back, thus balsy call…personally though w/ benefit of doubt but call isn’t made; in his defense, Martin was right there to make the call). Late in the 2nd I set Legger up and he scores, only Martin calls it back, saying I committed a hand ball. I passed it off my chest, but the call is made, no goal. My back was to him, and even one of our player’s in the same position said it appeared as a hand ball from that angle. Benefit of the doubt in this case applied.

2nd half we dominated possession, but couldn't score. On their one and only chance, we have a brain fart, with 2 minutes left, commit a foul inside 30, and they score.

Our season essentially over. I think we have one more league game, but it counts for nothing. Out of the cup.

You would think after ~34 years playing this game, and realistically, most seasons not winning any sort of championship, I'd get used to this feeling, but it sucks. Our boys played their guts out, too. Full credit to Caps…they bent and didn’t break. They went hard after every 50/50 ball, and battled like there was no tomorrow inside their 18. They deserved the result. And, even though Martin made a couple of very balsy calls that didn’t go our way, he did a very good job in the middle, keeping tempers at bay, and calling it as he saw it. He was always close to the play and in position. It was a very good game, sucks to be on the wrong side of the results.

Anyhow...more time for skiing this spring I guess.

He wasn't there, but bang on knees, full squad, and a couple of guys very unhappy. Tough game to coach for the fill in gaffer...honestly, we should have kept it tidy and not allowed dumb errors to allow these three set mpieces. We should have done the job. Fcuking gutted.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ccb falling stars 2 - south delta decrepit stallions 3. Kind of like a bag of licorice all sorts this one had just about everything.

olosepoh

Sep 11, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ccb falling stars 2 - south delta decrepit stallions 3. Kind of like a bag of licorice all sorts this one had just about everything.
Tuna we are suppose to respect the stolen stars from Surrey... How many times did they clear the bench after a foul??

Xanthophii

Oct 20, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tuna we are suppose to respect the stolen stars from Surrey... How many times did they clear the bench after a foul??

Paparazzi Hope Solo, where is your team in the cup game? At least we made an effort and played classy, kudos to the South delta crew for their effort.
I can’t make any sense of your comment; you wished to play us in the CUP game, but then your team disappeared. Do not worry you will get another opportunity to play us in the cup game next year, if you can still manage to assemble 11 players.

Krazy_Mexy

Jan 14, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dominion 3 NSR 1

We went down one early only to respond with a cracker about 5 min later. We missed 2 sitters before half that would have put the game away and then Dominion scored on a direct free kick with about 10 left in the first half which deflated us. In the last 25 min we threw everything at them and to their credit they defended well and got one more on the counter to seal it. Well done Dominion...lots of friends on that team and after seeing them struggle most of the year with numbers they played what I thought was their best game. Bad timing for us!!

Good luck to the remaining teams!! Great season all around.[/QUOT

Is it that big of difference between Div 1 and Div 2?
Dominions second to last on Div 1 standings
NSR second place on div 2

Dominion with a very short bench all year
NSR rolling line changes all year

also i heard some NSR players were saying that they threw the game away cuz they didnt wanted to play against Temple next round.
Any true to that?
I dunno who score the goals in that game, but did Elli outscored Woody?

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dominion 3 NSR 1

also i heard some NSR players were saying that they threw the game away cuz they didnt wanted to play against Temple next round.
Any true to that?

I heard that nsr where a bunch of whiny little biatches

Just saying

Mackers aka uncle willy Any truth to that?

Sid

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dominion 3 NSR 1

Any true to that?

Come on. No one said we "threw the game". We got beat, end of story. Besides temple should start worrying about the caps.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any true to that?

Wow, if that's not stirring the pot to wind up the TTP i don't know what is ?

As far as the Eli vs. Woody, it was 0 - 0.

Dominion were full marks for the win, they played with pace and purpose, we were just not up for the challenge. Good luck to Dominion the rest of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0