Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL Div 4 Results & Banter- 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
18-1 is a ridiculous score but would you rather have them play keep away, after they got up 5-0? I wouldn't, maybe switch the line up a little bit, but having a team give up is more of a slap in the face. "hey were so much better, lets just keep the ball away from them" how about you do that, I two foot your ankle across the park. If numbers were an issue, good for the guys who showed up to take the drubbing, but good for the other team for not being dicks and making the other team feel like idiots. Giving up and keep away is a classless display IMO.

Agreed Cascade,

To add to the sportsmanship debate the best place to start is to curb some of the garbage that's running out of players mouths these days.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree - just keep away and passing amongst defenders is ricidulous - and not trying to score is even more insulting. haha, if we had more than 11 players I am sure there would have been line-up changes. Though that being said, we played our 56 year old 5'5" coach (who hasn't played for over 10 years himself) for 45 minutes (yes he is registered on our team roster) and we didn't have any of our GK at the game - so who knows what would have happened if the opposition brought a team out.

I believe we went down to 10 at some point.

Yes, the language and some attitudes (like, for example, a suggestion of how to deal with a drubbing made earlier on this web page) needs to be sorted - we're all amateurs. Some people have different perspectives I suppose.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The FVSL may as well go back to the Pee-Wee basbeball rules, if you're up by 7 Runs, after 3 innings (or halftime) game over. Mercy rule in full effect.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is exactly why the league has a head to head tie breaker instead of goal differential like in majority of the European leagues. Imagine if the first tie breaker was goal differential, we'd be seeing a lot more of this. I think once there's a 9 goal lead, mercy rule should come into effect....

I'm surprised Langley let it get to 18 without any injuries.... Props to them i guess...I remember they were a really competitive squad a few years back in div 2....

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow you went down to 10. Good for you. I am not saying pass the ball around but maybe drop some players from the field. You can't tell me you are that good that the other team was chasing hard all game long but happened to let in 18 goals. After about 9 your guys could slow down just a bit. To go on and score another 9 after that is pretty much the other team standing around and doing nothing. Or they were down a couple guys.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow you went down to 10. Good for you. I am not saying pass the ball around but maybe drop some players from the field. You can't tell me you are that good that the other team was chasing hard all game long but happened to let in 18 goals. After about 9 your guys could slow down just a bit. To go on and score another 9 after that is pretty much the other team standing around and doing nothing. Or they were down a couple guys.

Isn't that just as bad, hey guys were spanking you by 13, and we just potted 3 more with 9 men, and 2 more with 8. Fair play good sir! Next time teams should just leave there best players at home, in all fairness of course.

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
4B actions,

Sundonwers 5-0 Storm. wasn't there, no idea, but we won.

As for my 2 cents of this 18-1,16-0, 12-0 games....It has always been my opinion that if a team scores on me, it's up to me to stop them. it's not there fault my teams is playing like crap, or has a numbers issue, they will play there game and its up to me and my team to stop them. this is not a popular opinion, but it is the way i see it. what we use to do a million years ago when this would happen, we would work on tactics or styles or anything that we could during the game.

PK Howler

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is exactly why the league has a head to head tie breaker instead of goal differential like in majority of the European leagues. Imagine if the first tie breaker was goal differential, we'd be seeing a lot more of this. I think once there's a 9 goal lead, mercy rule should come into effect....

I'm surprised Langley let it get to 18 without any injuries.... Props to them i guess...I remember they were a really competitive squad a few years back in div 2....

Yes we were competitive back in Div. 2 then.Thanks for the props. 24 on the roster and we had 8 players that could make the game on Saturday. Numbers are there but quality & commitment not there anymore. Have about 12 injured or out for the season. Just as last season we have teams in Div. 4 that should start off higher than Div. 4. SFC Sparta last time I looked are leading their Div 3.They were in our Div. last year and scored over 100 goals. Great guys,good players just as CHWK is but should have been seeded higher than Div. 4. It is not fun for either team. Point of clar. on Sat. game was they played with 11 all game and when asked about shortening the halfs by the referee at the start of the game they said no. Good luck to all in Cup play !

leemac

Jan 22, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
i dont know what game you were at but we played 35 min each way, and our captain went off with ten min to go with a dead leg and i went off with ten min to go in the first half for a drink and my coach told me to stay off until half time , i will put that down to the fog on the pitch for the reason you didnt see we only played with ten men for 20 min of the 70 min we played facts gentlemen ....

unlucky4u

Jan 20, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought the team that got beat 16-0 was the Highlanders not the Wolves. Highlanders are the U-21 from a couple seasons ago that went 0-16 or something like that. As for beating down teams with huge scores I don't feel it's needed in a beer league, amateur sport. Practice your build-up, maybe change your formation. Teams that show up short usually have 8 or 9 players that care and another 12 signed that don't. Don't be disrespectful to those players that cared enough to show up and run up the score. All it takes is for 1 player to take it into his own hands and someone's injured. By the way if you don't think this is beer league show me your cheque for playing.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Golden Boot updated - We have a player with over 20 league goals in Div 4 yet not on the list. Guess the ref's lost track!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0