Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [FVSL DIV 3] Results, Banter & Predictions March 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well the Miners finished of the season with a win. it was good to see the Preimer coach and some of my other GEU club mates out to watch us play. thanks for the support. except for the Little 7 year old kid that kept yelling at me "You suck fat boy" it was a good day. 3-1 win. on to summer league,softball and L.A. Weight loss:(

the-impersonator

Sep 14, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL DIV 3] Results, Banter & Predictions January & February 2009

LUFC Sporting with a convincing 4-0 win over the Surrey Storm to end the season on a nice little run and dash their slim hopes at promotion. We were full value for the win and worked harder and had the majority of the ball possession. Ironically, we let our goalie play out yesterday and he scored 2 goals!

Good first season for us and with all the injuries and players in and out a middle division standing is pretty decent. Nice building block for next year.

klewis

Nov 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

Good season to all the Div 3 teams.. congrats to those that got promoted.. good luck to those that came close this year looking forward to next year.

PMPI

Sep 21, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

Thanks Klewis.
I'd like to see the league give us (magpies) a chance at playing the top 3A and 3B teams for promotion. It has been proven that Sentinel and Young Guns are div 2, maybe div 1 quality. Would this not be fair?

sentinelkeeps

Oct 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

you guys are a strong team.... try to submit a request....just be prepared for the outcome....it may not be fair

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

If young guns are the same team from last year, ther are not a div 1 team. not even close. having said that, this year's team maybe far different, or far better. they were just kids when we played them last year. there first in men's i beleive. so a season under your belt does go along way to adjusting to the physicality of mens.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

If young guns are the same team from last year, ther are not a div 1 team. not even close. having said that, this year's team maybe far different, or far better. they were just kids when we played them last year. there first in men's i beleive. so a season under your belt does go along way to adjusting to the physicality of mens.

I've seen them play. Good team, would get killed in D1. Definitely need some seasoning but I can see them there in the future.

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

you guys are a strong team.... try to submit a request....just be prepared for the outcome....it may not be fair

look at the numbers in div 1 if 3 go up from div 2 and not so many come down they will need more div 2 teams however i think they will offer this to relegated div 2 teams first then 2nd / 3rd place div 3 teams
its always worth contacting the league and let them know of your interest

bench warmer

Sep 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

we're not a div 1 team yet, but i think in a year or 2 we can be. we are definitely a lot better than we were last year, so hopefully we can continue to pick up players and make strides. sentinel is a div 1 team.

to PMPI - like others have said you should apply for division 2, you guys are a solid team that could probably compete there.

LC7

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

possible they offer it to a div 3 team who has beat a div 2 team that has been promoted? anything is possible never say never..

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

possible they offer it to a div 3 team who has beat a div 2 team that has been promoted? anything is possible never say never..
in the season of 05-06 when we first entered our team in the fvsl. the TWU titans were starting in div 3 that year as well. they went undefeated in the league and were eliminated in the cup by a very good team, i'm not sure i think it was the current acbc premier team....but the next year the TWU was playing in div1. they were definitely worthy of it and are competing for a spot in premier right now. so sentinel could ask n possibly be granted a spot. look at their statistics n not to mention the lenghty cup run...

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

The lions did it in 2000 as well. 1 year of kicking the shyte out of div 3 teams and they bumped us to div 1. It can be done. Mouth hugs are involved now i think.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

I think it's better for the league to mave teams like Sentinel up to div1 and skipp Div2. to many times you see a team (ie Port Moody Gunners) in a div that they don't belong in. and the scores each week show that. I say move them up to Div1.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I think it's better for the league to mave teams like Sentinel up to div1 and skipp Div2. to many times you see a team (ie Port Moody Gunners) in a div that they don't belong in. and the scores each week show that. I say move them up to Div1.

its like you were on their team.....hmmmm;)

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

POMO Gunners maybe undefeated but they are not deserving of skipping a division. It's not like they are beating teams 10-0. Sentinel played a good Div.2 team last week and won 2-1. So that means they deserve to skip Div.2??? give ur fat ass head a shake. They will need to win their division like any other team to get promoted.

This topic is stupid and useless.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Lets just say any team can apply to move up:eek:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

It is a stupid argument, take it from me.

We Nomads pretty much ran over most of our competition last year in D3.

Things you can do while rolling up D3 teams you often cannot do against D2 teams.

I heard one comment from a Sent player to one of our players about certain things they do that "works everytime" against D3 teams but gets picked out by the better Keepers and team defense of the superior division teams.

Sure our team changed a bit this year from last, but we would have had a tough go of it going from D3 to D1 and playing the more physical faster pace there and potentially drawing a stup Prem team in the Pak cup.

take baby steps.

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

it will be interesting to see what sents can do in div 2. especialy agains't the upper class teams. to bad you guys weren't in 3B, would of loved to play you guys.

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

does anyone know anything about bradners park, turf, grass, maybe were the hell it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts