Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [FVSL Div 3] Results & Banter January 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

the-impersonator

Sep 14, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lufc Sporting 4-1 N.D. Sundowners. we played great. hard to fault the lads today. defense shyte the bed, but everywere else we were steller, just unlucky in the final 3rd. yes the score was 4 to 1, but they only had 4 shots. possesion was easily 70-30 us, if not more. with sporting subing 4 at a time. i know we lost, but hard to take issue with the effort. just unlucky. on to abbottsford, i hope it's not a school night for these boys.

We only had 4 shots on net the whole game? ...I am sure we had at least a couple more than that!....good effort by your guys and you are right, you were un-lucky on hitting some posts and cross-bars. Good to be on the pitch after the break.

Chopper

Dec 4, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lee, here is another wtf.

LUFC Clones move from 4th place Div. 2b last year to Div.3b this year?
How are they allowed to go down a division?
Staying where you are placed should be mandetory.

Yes we have been mid table in div 2 for the last 4 years, but the thing you have to remember is that we were a team that had an average age of 38. At the end of last year we had 4 guys that went to over 40s, two of them were turning 50 this year, and then at the begining of August we had 4 guys decided that they didn't want to play another year in div 2. We were down from a team of 20 to 12, so we went to the league and asked to be put down a division because we would not represent Langley very well if we were even able to put a team together. We got lucky in finding some players, and young players at that which helped us out alot. Were a bunch of old men just trying to have fun. Can't say for the rest of the team but I know that some have expressed that if we can keep the same team next year and somehow win a promotion that we would in fact move up, as for me I don't think i would go with them. I'm old and fat and enjoy beer just a little bit more then chasing some fast young kid.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know Chopper, but every time I hear you scream SUB!! I keep looking for Jared to jump out offering you a foot long veggie.

elbowroom

Oct 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes we have been mid table in div 2 for the last 4 years, but the thing you have to remember is that we were a team that had an average age of 38. At the end of last year we had 4 guys that went to over 40s, two of them were turning 50 this year, and then at the begining of August we had 4 guys decided that they didn't want to play another year in div 2. We were down from a team of 20 to 12, so we went to the league and asked to be put down a division because we would not represent Langley very well if we were even able to put a team together. We got lucky in finding some players, and young players at that which helped us out alot. Were a bunch of old men just trying to have fun. Can't say for the rest of the team but I know that some have expressed that if we can keep the same team next year and somehow win a promotion that we would in fact move up, as for me I don't think i would go with them. I'm old and fat and enjoy beer just a little bit more then chasing some fast young kid.

Thanks Chopper.

So basically you gave a spot in Div.2 to a team that didn't deserve it and this year ( if you get a spot ) you will be taking it from a team that did deserve to go up. Now I don't fell so bad for losing to your Div. 2 team.

You shouldn't be in Div.3 and if you beat out Cloverdale FC for a spot I would expect them to Challenge your promotion.

See you on the 31st.

Chopper

Dec 4, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Chopper.

So basically you gave a spot in Div.2 to a team that didn't deserve it and this year ( if you get a spot ) you will be taking it from a team that did deserve to go up. Now I don't fell so bad for losing to your Div. 2 team.

You shouldn't be in Div.3 and if you beat out Cloverdale FC for a spot I would expect them to Challenge your promotion.

See you on the 31st.

Actually they didn't move anyone up thats why there is only 9 teams in div 2a. Dude it sounds like you need a tissue, who the fack cares its div 3 mens soccer. They need to win to deserve a spot, thats why we play 18 games is to see who goes up. We don't play any better then you guys, we have always had a really good defence and this year we found some guys that can put balls in the net. What div 2 team did you lose too, we don't have a div 2 team our club has several, if thats what you mean. Sounds good see you on the 31st.

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with you Chopper who the fack gives a siht.

If it's the Clones, Poco Pacific or whoever, decided to come down to Div.3 for whatever reason, that's their reason. It has nothing to do with any team. It's the other teams job, if they have any ambition to be promoted is to be beat them. That's it that's all.

U can't get through life by a technicality or by a hand out. Every team has to prove it and show it that they deserve to be where they are.
Period. If a team sucks like siht, then they deserve to be where they are, whatever division they are in. There are no excuses. Except for a retarded referee that takes things personally. :) LOL

Clones are a good team, they pass well and are solid. I was impressed with how they played. That is how Div.2 teams play and how all teams looking for promotion out of Div.3 should play.

I really look forward to playing your team Chopper. You guys played the best so far and i like the way the Clones played this season. Though we were short when we played you. :)

Anyways, I look forward to it, nonetheless. Good Luck in the Cup and moving forward. And you guys do belong in a higher division. Cheers.

Sep 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

If it's the Clones, Poco Pacific or whoever, decided to come down to Div.3 for whatever reason, that's their reason. It has nothing to do with any team. It's the other teams job, if they have any ambition to be promoted is to be beat them. That's it that's all.

U can't get through life by a technicality or by a hand out. Every team has to prove it and show it that they deserve to be where they are.
Period. If a team sucks like siht, then they deserve to be where they are, whatever division they are in. There are no excuses. Except for a retarded referee that takes things personally. :) LOL

Clones are a good team, they pass well and are solid. I was impressed with how they played. That is how Div.2 teams play and how all teams looking for promotion out of Div.3 should play.

I really look forward to playing your team Chopper. You guys played the best so far and i like the way the Clones played this season. Though we were short when we played you. :)

Anyways, I look forward to it, nonetheless. Good Luck in the Cup and moving forward. And you guys do belong in a higher division. Cheers.
ok but in our div you have poco wanting to win and the magpies wanting to win and us wanting to win , say poco and the magpies get top spots they should go up , (mapies and pacific will be just fine in div 2) but poco will refuse the spot like last yr , if they took the promotion last yr then we would have a better chance of a top 2 spot this yr , we still deserve promotion but are getting ripped off coz there is a div2 team on top , if they stay on top then teams that should be 2nd are 3rd , why , because they dont want a challenge . i would like to get promotion and have that challenge . not just as a player but as a coach too.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some clubs just want to win,they are not going up. If they do go up, team has to add five better players. The players are not easy to get. sometimes it is more fun to stay and win most of the games than move up and only win few.

Chopper

Dec 4, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
ok but in our div you have poco wanting to win and the magpies wanting to win and us wanting to win , say poco and the magpies get top spots they should go up , (mapies and pacific will be just fine in div 2) but poco will refuse the spot like last yr , if they took the promotion last yr then we would have a better chance of a top 2 spot this yr , we still deserve promotion but are getting ripped off coz there is a div2 team on top , if they stay on top then teams that should be 2nd are 3rd , why , because they dont want a challenge . i would like to get promotion and have that challenge . not just as a player but as a coach too.

I agree with you lee, if teams win promotion then they should go up. I don't see what fun it is to win every year and not move forward. We got lucky and signed some young talent, we could have easily been dealt a different hand and been middle of the pack and no one would have cared. Div 2 is not an easy league, its too watered down right now and so you have some bad teams there that should be in div3 and some bad teams here that should be even lower only so they can develop there teams and become stronger. Being beaten badly every game only destroys teams and clubs. The Clones have been around since 1978 and they have played in every division, I can remember playing div4 years ago and yes it was bad soccer but you grow as a team and club and eventually you can build a team that wins divisions. To be promoted or not is hard because you have teams that don't want to move into a harder div because they want to have fun, or you have old guys that just aren't old enough to play over 35s or they don't want to play over 35s. So its a hard situation to deal with, but the fact of the matter is that if you win the div then either sell the spot to a team that deserves it or move up.

Chopper

Dec 4, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

What team do you play for?

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jesus Christ Chopper, you found your inner voice.

Lee Wiltshire stop sucking the sack bra. If you are finishing 3rd in div 3 you do not deserve a sniff period.

Build up or back up.

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yeah, i see what your saying and i was saying the same thing in the beginning of the year about teams like the Clones, Chaos, and Pacific. But then i realized you can't force a team that doesn't want to move up to move up. If they feel they can not compete in Div.2 or don't want to compete it's better for the league that they don't go up. Better just to sell your position.

But the league should just give promotion to teams that really want it like yourselves or Magpies. For example, If Pacific don't want to promote this year like last year when they should of, then the league should promote the teams that finish 2 and 3. It is only fair and makes sense. But that's something for the league execs to discuss and decide on.

One positive though is when teams like the Clones and Pacific stay down is it really provides a good measuring stick for teams that really want to promote and go higher.

What team do you play for?

BC United

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can remember playing div4 years ago and yes it was bad soccer

Div4 was probably better then div 3 is now. back then you had ten in prem ten in Div1 ten in Div2 and ten in Div3 and the rest in Div4. now you have 18 to 20 teams in div1 30 teams in div2 and almost 30 in Div3.

Sep 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, i see what your saying and i was saying the same thing in the beginning of the year about teams like the Clones, Chaos, and Pacific. But then i realized you can't force a team that doesn't want to move up to move up. If they feel they can not compete in Div.2 or don't want to compete it's better for the league that they don't go up. Better just to sell your position.

But the league should just give promotion to teams that really want it like yourselves or Magpies. For example, If Pacific don't want to promote this year like last year when they should of, then the league should promote the teams that finish 2 and 3. It is only fair and makes sense. But that's something for the league execs to discuss and decide on.

One positive though is when teams like the Clones and Pacific stay down is it really provides a good measuring stick for teams that really want to promote and go higher.

BC United
that is a good idea , but forget the measuring stick , like any league in the world if promotion is gained the appropriate addjustments to the team are made , you go up a div you will attract better players and some of the exsisting players know that they will have to find another div 3 team , thats the way it works , the team i have may well serviive in div 2 but changes would be made , if i had a div 2 quality team like poco pacific then i would be in div 2 or top of the league , its the likes of poco that are stopping teams and clubs progressing . what utah is saying is if you cant compete with a div2 team then you dont deserve it , what a load of crap , poco are not div 3 , and the point of promotion is to be one of the best in div 3 , not competing with div2 quality teams to get there ,,,, if that make any sence .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0