Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [FVSL] Div 3 2016/2017 Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumor has it there was some punches thrown at the Rowdies game against Langley this weekend. 3-2 loss is the scoreline but heard it abandoned. Any reports from the team on what happened? Or do you only post when you make the finals?
And why are you still in Div 3? 19-1-0 with 102 goals for and 29 goals against, make the cup finals and there you are. Div 3.......again.

At least you're living up to your name.

Dean

Jan 8, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
The score line was 2-1 Langley. I can not confirm nor deny any punches being thrown. The ref let the game get a little physical which I thought made the game better, however near the 70th minute there was a questionable tackle (one of many) and a Rowdies player got up and headbutted a player. Result was a broken nose and chipped tooth.
Cheap shot in my books but after that is when a gathering ensued. I'm not sure if any team last year matched up against them physically but they didn't seem to like it. Just my opinion, I may be a little biased.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumours around our beer cooler were punches thrown and a guy body slammed, but again it was just cooler talk. Although out guys are good friends with a couple so......

Guess we wait for possible suspensions.

Any upsets this past weekend? Surprises? Other than the headbutt.

@SuperMid @GodfatherRowdie @celticpride @Ham, anyone have any further insight into the game?

SuperMid

Jul 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
In a nutshell, decent game. Few questionable calls by the ref, actually the ref was garbage for both teams. We thought a red should have been shown to #4 for the take down of our guy on a break away about 10 mins in. From there it was a bit of a chippy game, nothing too intense... until our guy was taken down ( at 70 min mark? but ref told me there was 10 left) by the questionable call as mentioned above, he got up and threw a pretty viscous and unnecessary head butt to the Langley guy. From there all hell broke loose. Right in front of their bench so their guys obviously were in first. By time I got there it was mostly pulling guys off each other. Just a lot of small jabs and wrestling for the most part. I'm sure I missed a few punches or tosses tho, can't be everywhere at once. Their #4 did a 40 yard run and sucker punched one of our guys knockin him out. Totally uncalled for, but so was head butt. This was the same #4 that should have been off at the 10 min mark. But regardless, really fackin cheap by BOTH guys. Our head butt guy and there cheap shot guy were the only guys to receive reds. It was either 2 reds, or 40 reds. No in between really. There may have been a bit more to the story? but trying to break up a 40 person brawl, you miss a few things I guess. They may have a saw the whole thing differently, but I think what I said was pretty accurate.

TopRight

Sep 14, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not far off on your side Supermid except your Mr headbutt was the one who laid the dirty tackle and then when our guy stood up to go WTF he got a head but in the mouth .. and then the guy who headbutted our guy was the one whom got the " sucker punch " .. then chaos ensued .. other then a few guys most were just trying to separate .. was handled well by both sides could have gotten alot worse

SuperMid

Jul 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair enough on the tackle as I didn't see it, my bad. But the guy who received the sucker punch was definitely not the guy who head butted your guy. That's why it was such a "sucker punch". Two completely different dudes.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like refs need to start wearing goPro's!!!! Either way sounds like. Couple guys will sit a few games.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
So FVSL turned into Monday night Raw??? Sweet jesus its Div.3 footie and that happens. No offence to either squad cause we have been heated in the moment, but take your damn punishing and shitty tackle, get up and let the ref do the work. Never understood punches and crap being thrown on the pitch..... Do your talking and ass kicking scoring goals and embarrassing a squad; that being said I hope no one on either team was seriously hurt! Thankfull thats happening in 3A :p

TopRight

Sep 14, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Broken nose and broken front teeth ... was a bad reaction caused by a worse one ... before that moment was a good game would say Langley had the brunt oof the chances multiple shots just missing . ..

TopRight

Sep 14, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco rangers vs Langley sentinel
Langley Highlanders vs north coq
Tri city vs Langley impact
Poco rockets vs fva
Rowdies vs Langley benders
Strikers vs pomo

Sentinel
Highlanders
TRi city
Poco
Rowdies
Pomo

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Broken nose and broken front teeth ... was a bad reaction caused by a worse one ... before that moment was a good game would say Langley had the brunt oof the chances multiple shots just missing . ..

That's shitty. Hope he's back playing soon.

TopRight

Sep 14, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
How's everyone feel about willoughby ath being pay parking when ever Vancouver giants game over laps ... teams are expected to find residential parking or pay to park near fields
... residential is at the closets 2 blocks away

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
How's everyone feel about willoughby ath being pay parking when ever Vancouver giants game over laps ... teams are expected to find residential parking or pay to park near fields
... residential is at the closets 2 blocks away
3958270.jpg

illbehonest

Jan 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
What has happened to the Rowdies? From the team list looks like a strong group? 0-2 to start. Pay parking is garbage as well. Carry on.

midman

Oct 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Rowdies are clearly not the team they were last year. They lost one guy. They have, however, played two of the top teams in the division so far. They will be a mid pack team by seasons end. Oh yeah and payed parking is shite!!!

TopRight

Sep 14, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
All parking lots in that area are paid on giants game nights don't want free loaders .. school lots included .. anything connected to the events center there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts