Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 FVSL Div 2 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pool A is certainly stronger from our experience but we have been putting up a fight.

Royals 1 Dragons 0

Royals dodged a bullet early. Our striker sent through behind the last man and ahead by 2 steps. Defender grabs and tugged the back for our strikers shirt who tried to fight through it but prevented the breakaway and obvious goal scoring opportunity. Ref awarded the yellow and the kick from 25 yards.

Royals scored shortly after on a mistake by our cdm. Ball bounces he swings and misses only for it to drop to a Royal who slotted it home. Lights went out shortly after. When lights came back we responded well and came at them hard for remainder of first half. Couldn't score however as there keeper made a few unconventional but exceptional saves. Second half was pretty even but quite chippy. Next up the top two teams from pool A, should be a massive challenge.

peg leg

Mar 22, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley City 3- Dynamo 2

We come out flying, up 2-0 and are in control. Their centre mid creates two goals on his own with long runs up the gut..getting by me twice...barf. I hacked him twice but give him credit he kept going and scored one and made a nice assist. 2-2 at half.

We come out again hard, no luck and they get one on a nice goal where our outside back blew a tire, everyone shifted and they slotted a nice one. 3-2 final. We had more control and shots and chances but that doesn't mean anything in the end, they finished with surgical precision.

So frustrating, easy to get on guys saying so and so should of pressed or covered or vice versa. Learn from it and move on.

Langley a nice classy team, fun game to be a part of even with the result.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley City 3- Dynamo 2

We come out flying, up 2-0 and are in control. Their centre mid creates two goals on his own with long runs up the gut..getting by me twice...barf. I hacked him twice but give him credit he kept going and scored one and made a nice assist. 2-2 at half.

We come out again hard, no luck and they get one on a nice goal where our outside back blew a tire, everyone shifted and they slotted a nice one. 3-2 final. We had more control and shots and chances but that doesn't mean anything in the end, they finished with surgical precision.

So frustrating, easy to get on guys saying so and so should of pressed or covered or vice versa. Learn from it and move on.

A few of our guys came across after our game to watch a Langley vs Langley game in Surrey.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley City 3- Dynamo 2

You are a stud, I can't believe you are still able to run with these kids, and playing CMF at that.

Also, some really good reports in this thread. The Premier thread could definitely learn from this one.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are a stud, I can't believe you are still able to run with these kids, and playing CMF at that.

Also, some really good reports in this thread. The Premier thread could definitely learn from this one.

He’s still a beast too. Almost scored right at the end of the game to tie up too.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well that I'm not surprised with. The not finishing part, I mean. Touch of a blacksmith, and that's coming from another blacksmith. :D He's always been a lot to handle, never fcuking stops.

peg leg

Mar 22, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well that I'm not surprised with. The not finishing part, I mean. Touch of a blacksmith, and that's coming from another blacksmith. :D He's always been a lot to handle, never fcuking stops.
What would I do with a little touch... couple of reasons I'm called peg leg. lol. You are right earlier the best reports are on this thread. I wish others wrote more, always interested in other divisions

midman

Oct 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What would I do with a little touch... couple of reasons I'm called peg leg. lol. You are right earlier the best reports are on this thread. I wish others wrote more, always interested in other divisions
I was writing in the Div 3 thread, but stopped when I found I was just talking to myself. Hope to be back in the Div 2 thread next season where there is some action.

Aug 12, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Abbotsford United B 6 Langley United Dragons 3

Where to start! While first off actually had peg leg lined up to play with us due roster issues. He was ready to go and come out to help the young Dragons only to be scratched last second after I phoned to ensure I understood the rules. As a u21 team we actually can permit 2 players from any division. Only catch I learned was cant be from the same division. I had actually seen this happen on my masters team and after we inquired were told it was fine. Little disappointing as we arrived with 11 players (one of whom played through significant stomach issues).

Missing 5 of 11 starters put us in a tough spot (including missing 3 of our top 4 scorers and 2 of our starting 4 defenders) but Abby to be fair was also missing players. That being said in our first year our depth is not as strong as some of the teams we are facing.

Abby goes up 3-0 on 3 very similar goals, through balls shots picking bottom corners. We had some good chances in the first as well but couldnt find the back of the net. They controlled the tempo and much of the first half. Going into halftime we talked about coming out hard and showing them we weren't going to give up. We scored early to make it 3-1. This goal was actually scored with 10 men as I failed to notice the said player with stomach issues left at halftime to hit the loo. We then made it 3-2 still playing with 10 men and kept coming on strong. Memeroble moment was the sideline audience saying to play with 10 the rest of the way! They wake up and score a 4th only for us to make it 4-3 (back at full strength) on a free kick from top of the box.

They scored 2 late goals on pks (second of which may be the softest pk i have seen with an explanation out of left field). Abby player actually put his hand into our players face who swatted the hand away. Ref made the pk call saying our player had put his hands on the Abby players face, go figure).

Great coach on the other side and a well fought game. Only downer was there goalie getting hurt on a collision. From speaking to the ref who saw it as a 50/50 with an unfortunate outcome. I hope the goalie recovers as he got a knee to his elbow. On to Mission.

krisztiant

Jan 21, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey united 1
Black knights 2

We continue to struggle. I would say we controlled the play 60-40, but knights had fast counters that caused us trouble. We scored about 15 in off a flick through from one striker to the other and our guy was through on a break. They tied it up before half with 10 or so to go off a cross that hit one of there players and then our goalies shoulder and deflected in. Second half we couldn’t break them down very well in the final third of the field. Our goalie also made a couple nice saves again to keep it 1-1. With about 10 left they got a corner and put it far post and they beat us to the ball, nice header onto the top corner of the net. We tried to press and atleast get a tie, but no luck. Atleast the beers were good after the game.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mission 7-1 Dragons U21

They started with 10, and that made it hard for us to really ever get going. We took an early lead, they answered right back. We added another, then there CB got hurt, we added another when they had 9 guys. There guy then came back on and ended up going in net so they could continue with with 10.

We didn’t play well, but credit to the 10 of their guys who came out, and never stopped running. Some very good players on their team, and it’s a shame they didn’t have a full squad.

Aug 12, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mission 7-1 Dragons U21

They started with 10, and that made it hard for us to really ever get going. We took an early lead, they answered right back. We added another, then there CB got hurt, we added another when they had 9 guys. There guy then came back on and ended up going in net so they could continue with with 10.

We didn’t play well, but credit to the 10 of their guys who came out, and never stopped running. Some very good players on their team, and it’s a shame they didn’t have a full squad.

Words of Wisdom,

Don't show up to Mission with 10 guys......start of the day had 13 committed only to have two late scratches due to illness and one who didn't show up and may still be lost in Mission?

Mission are a solid team and play some very nice soccer. I wish we could have shown up with a full squad to make the night more interesting for them. As a U21 team although playing in the open age cat we dont have the luxury of permitting when half the roster is unavailable (2 permits is what we get).

Mission came out flying and could have scored a few more early. Once we settled in we pushed back a bit. Playing a man down and then having a CB go down was a double whammy. CB bravely went in net playing on one leg and our striker did his best on the field but when it rains it pours. 3-1 at half.

I will say we had a nice push back for the first 15-20 of the 2nd half. Lots of energy and a solid effort. Missed two primo chances to make it 3-2. Own goal at 4-1 was the dagger and from there on in Mission had full control.

peg leg

Mar 22, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo 7- Surrey United U-21 1

They started strong or we started bad...they generated about 5 or 6 corners the first 10-15 and we were penned in out own end. We got one halfway through the first half then kept it going for a relatively easy night. They are decent with the ball but had a tough time winning any 50-50 tackles or headers. Give them props, they kept positive all night.

Tough loss vojdog, I think Mission is the best team in the entire division and will be a tough out in cup and provincial play

Abby United

Jan 30, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Words of Wisdom,

Don't show up to Mission with 10 guys......start of the day had 13 committed only to have two late scratches due to illness and one who didn't show up and may still be lost in Mission?

Mission are a solid team and play some very nice soccer. I wish we could have shown up with a full squad to make the night more interesting for them. As a U21 team although playing in the open age cat we dont have the luxury of permitting when half the roster is unavailable (2 permits is what we get).

Mission came out flying and could have scored a few more early. Once we settled in we pushed back a bit. Playing a man down and then having a CB go down was a double whammy. CB bravely went in net playing on one leg and our striker did his best on the field but when it rains it pours. 3-1 at half.

I will say we had a nice push back for the first 15-20 of the 2nd half. Lots of energy and a solid effort. Missed two primo chances to make it 3-2. Own goal at 4-1 was the dagger and from there on in Mission had full control.

U actually get 2 permits plus 7 inter club permits .

U can use the 2 permits for any prem players that wanna play and 7 inter club permit for players in lower divisons teams within your club system.

We use and used last year up to 9 permits when we needed to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts