Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 FVSL Div 2 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caritas

Oct 2, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United 1
Langley Cam FC 5

first 20 dynamo killed us 3-0 up. We kind of got back into it making it 3-1 about 30 mins in. That's as close as we got. dynamo deserved the win, we had not answer for the longball over the top. We missed a few chances ourselves, but so did Langley. our keeper came up big a few times to keep it respectable 5-1 .Cam got 3 of 5 helping dynamo take top spot. Hopefully regroup next week against the dragons.

Dynamo=Longball FC A? Papa?
papa giphy.gif

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mission 4-3 Poco

3-1 up at half, should have been more but some good goalkeeping, and 3 crossbars kept them in it.

second they were a different team, and pulled themselves level, and if not for a great save from our keeper would have taken the lead. Our winger came up big with his second of the game late on to win it.

BigBadRedBull16

Jan 31, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our SAFC Hawks D2 team has been a tad bit of a mess since we ended last year. There was a group of guys who left to start their own team in the final week of last years season. They thought they could do it better then our managers could. When they entered a team into the “premier” division for spring they got spanked so hard they were asked to move down after 2 weeks. They then went almost winless in the lower division. While this was going on we had to find new bodies and so on. Our teams relatively new as a core group, we’re still learning how to play together as a team. I’m sure it’ll come. Hoping to get a few points here in the coming weeks with some new additions so we can stay up and prove we belong.

Morale of the story. Grass isn’t always greener. Stick to how you’re successful.

SoccerFan4

Feb 7, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like abby united is running away with pool A. Pool B still up for grabs.

Week 13 predictions:

Black Knights 2-3 Mission
Westcoast 3-0 Surrey u21
TSS 1-1 Dynamo
Wakanda 3-1 SAFC
Langley city 2-2Aldergrove
Poco royals 0-4 Abby united
Surrey 1-2 Dragons
Red Devils 4-0 WRU

Ronaldo Nazario

Dec 28, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knights 0-5 Mission (forfeit win)
Westcoast 8-0 Surrey u16
Tss 1-2 dynamo
Wakanda 3-0 SAFC
Langley City 1-1 Longball FC
Poco 1-3 Abbey
Surrey 0-2 Dragons
Red Devils 5-1 WRU

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo 8-1 TSS

What’s the deal with TSS, they’ve taken 2 poundings I can think of now, but for the most part their games are tight. Does it come down to when the div 1 team play at the same time they’re missing too many key guys, or is that TSS were just too young to deal with your physical style last night?

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
What’s the deal with TSS, they’ve taken 2 poundings I can think of now, but for the most part their games are tight. Does it come down to when the div 1 team play at the same time they’re missing too many key guys, or is that TSS were just too young to deal with your physical style last night?
They were for sure missing 1 key guy: their top scorer in div 1. But yeah it also depends on which ref you get and whether they call the game as a u16 game or a men’s game. There was one kid in their team last night who was 14 and he looked it. They know how to play soccer but if you play a good defensive shape the counter attack is there all day.

InanimateCarbonRod

Oct 5, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
We were actually down 1-0 in this one from a defensive error. Their winger, #17, has good skill and makes smart runs - pounced on a giveaway and put it far post and in.

Their keeper had an unfortunate night. There were at least 3 errors directly resulting in goals in the first half. They swapped him out for the 2nd. 5 -1 is probably a more representative result :blackeye:

We have had a strong run of play lately. It'll be interesting once we get going on the crossover matches as Pool A looks to be the tougher group based on experience playing those teams in previous years.

krisztiant

Jan 21, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United 3
Dragons U21. 2

We started off strong controlling the game, dragons couldn't really get out of there own end. We scored about 25 mins in to make it 1-0. Then 15 minutes later scored to make it 2-0 before the end of the first half.
Dragons very lucky to make it out only 2-0 down. If we had been able to just capitalize on our chances even 50% of the time it would have been a blow out. There keeper also made a couple good saves to keep them closer in it. Second half started as the first ended. We finally found a 3rd goal off a corner kick that was nicely headed in with about 25 to go. This is when the game got ugly and unfortunate for us one of our players got seriously injured. The kids clearly frustrated made numerous dangerous challenges. Which in my opinion should have been punished harder 1 guy had 3 late tackles alone, one on a clear break only to receive a yellow. Players being chopped down against the run of play etc. @vojdog better learn to control his players because they will end up with the short end of the stick 9/10 if the "Men" decide to play dirty like there 120lbs soaking wet players do. They're very lucky we don't get to involved in the running of players and super late tackles. We did have a couple bad challenges, but that is understandable mistakes happen. Also them barking like a little chihuahuas at us and trying to instigate is just pure stupid. Again they better watch themselves because not everyone in the league is going to turn the other cheek because they're children. Anyways back to the game, they scored with 14 to go off a header that just barely squeeked across the line. Then with about 3 to go they pulled within one off a quick ball over the top that there player manged to get to and finish. We then in the final second of the game had out centre mid beat 3 guys and put the ball past the last defender to be chopped down with no intent to play the ball. Referee again goes leanient on the kid and only gives a yellow. Our player ended up being carried off the field and is now probably out for 6 weeks with a badly damaged ankle. We end up getting a chance off the free kick then the game ends after the keeper kicks it out. If the ref had just controlled the kids our guy wouldn't be out to a blatant tackle in the last minute. 3-2 does not justify how the game went probably 70-30 on possession, and way more shots for us/chances for us. We have to be more clinical on our finishing in the weeks to come. As for dragons U21 got some good players, but they better watch themselves. onto Red Devils for a rematch in abby and a battle for second.... maybe first if dynamo slip up.

Aug 12, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
First off I hope your player is ok and has a speedy recovery. I actually did not see this play as I was dealing with an injury.

Surrey was the better side on the night as we didn't show up to play. Our goalie had a strong game to keep us in it for much of the game.

I understand our perspectives will defer, as there is bias to see things from one side. Were there some poorly time tackles indeed. That being said ours are deemed reckless where yours are deemed "understandable as mistakes happen". I will certainly agree the one player you refer to mistimed his tackles but this is a reality of the pace of the game and speed of your team. Of the three you mention I will certainly agree one was out of frustration but was not a reckless play. As to the injury no one wants to see this happen. I wish I had seen the play to totally understand what happened. Your player was going to beat our back and he took the foul knowing so. Was his intention to hurt your player, no and I hate that this happened. No mention of a player on your team running around elbows up looking to create issues and yapping up a storm as well.

Should we learn from this game? Yes sir. Side note 120lbs may be a bit generous for a few of our players ;)

Best of luck to you the rest of the season.

krisztiant

Jan 21, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't mean ours were the only understandable ones. Fouls are going to happen, but when players do it over and over again it's no longer understandable. Our guys were quiet until they started yapping. You can hear far more on the pitch then on the sideline. If you would have heared your players words your opinion would change on some of the intent.

Aug 12, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't mean ours were the only understandable ones. Fouls are going to happen, but when players do it over and over again it's no longer understandable. Our guys were quiet until they started yapping. You can hear far more on the pitch then on the sideline.

Very true. From my perspective i actually noticed alot of cordial chatter between some players but my hearing is already bad enough to have any chance of hearing anything in the middle of the park. Good luck against Abby

InanimateCarbonRod

Oct 5, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've generally been in favour of refs taking a stronger stance on early cards to set a tone and to keep games in hand. It's can be a bit of a double-edged sword because we tend to play a physical game but at the end of the day, it's Div 2 and we all need to work on Monday (well, maybe not some of the kids on Dragon or TSS)

We have all been there when we get a reckless, sh*t tackle against us and it goes unpunished. You tend to take the guy's number and settle it in kind but if refs deal with it immediately it keeps tempers down and we can all just focus on player soccer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts