Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 FVSL Div 2 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley U21 5-2 Surrey

I decided to give this one a watch and see what some of the other bracket looked like.

I got there and it was already 2-0 to Langley (around 20 in), and as I was arriving Surreys keeper (not usual keeper?) had just made a great save to deny Langley a third. However at this point something must have clicked for Surrey that hadn’t already, and they started to dominate the game. Basically the entire rest of the half was played in Langley’s end, all that was missing was the final pass. The time they did get it right they managed a nice goal to make it 2-1 which it stayed until half, and it seemed as if it was only a matter of time before they pulled level.

Like I thought was going to happen Surrey did pull level a few minutes into the second, and at this point I started to think it was only a matter of time before they got a third. The third almost came from a shot that Langley’s keeper almost screwed up on but was able to stop it spinning over the line. No idea what happened after that, it’s almost as if Surrey stopped playing, and Langley started going all out. Langley have some talented players up top, and they started causing Surrey all kinds of problems, and finally managed a 3rd from a long distance shot that deflected into the top corner. 4th followed shortly, and then multiple chances to make it 5 before finally making it 5 a few minutes from the end. Surrey did have a late chance they should have taken to make it 5-3 but it wouldn’t have mattered either way.

Over 90 minutes I would say the score doesn’t reflect the game but the last 20 minutes in someways flatters the score as it could have been many more. Weird game, and one I’m sure Surrey wish they could have back.

krisztiant

Jan 21, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
pretty accurate write up, we came out flat let Langley control the play. Then like always we found our game for about little over half the game then let it go. Tired legs I think played a role in playing a younger team going full tilt. When we slowed the play down we were much better. Tough last 3 games after our best start in years. Hopefully we can pull it together or its going to be a long season for us. Langley had quite of few talented young guys up front and one on the back. Don't remeber the last time we let in 5 goals...... Onto Red Devils next week hopefully we can get back into the winning column

Ronaldo Nazario

Dec 28, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions week 7
Wakanda 2-2 Dynamo
Connor Hoekstra 1-2 Mission
Knights 1-3 Abby
TSS 1-3 Langley 21
Poco 2-0 Aldergrove
Red Devils 2-1 Surrey
Vault 0-0 Hawks (MOTW)

krisztiant

Jan 21, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions week 7

Wakanda 2-2 Dynamo
West coast 1-2 Mission
Knights 0-6 Abby
TSS 1-1 Langley 21
Poco 1-0 Aldergrove
Red Devils vs Surrey
Vault 3-1 Hawks

BCSoccerWankerOuter

Aug 1, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions week 7

Wakanda 2-2 Dynamo
West coast 1-2 Mission
Knights 0-6 Abby
TSS 1-1 Langley 21
Poco 1-0 Aldergrove
Red Devils vs Surrey
Vault 3-1 Hawks

Predictions week 7

Wakanda 1- 4 Dynamo
West coast 1-2 Mission
Knights 0-6 Abby
TSS 3-1 Langley 21
Poco 1-2 Aldergrove
Red Devils 5-2 Surrey
Vault 2-4 Hawks

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westcoast 0-2 Mission

First time with a full team this season. We didn’t play all that well but did enough to deserve the win.

krisztiant

Jan 21, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
surrey 5
red Devils 3

Congrats on losing to our C team. Beers taste so much better after beating a salty squad. We dominted them almost the whole game, we could have had more. They're a one man team, without their striker they had nothing. He was very good all game long and kept his team in the game. 3-1 in the first half which flattered them in my opinion. second half they came out a bit stronger we still put two more away. They made good on 3 of there 4 chances. Hopefully next time we each bring out our "A" team.

SoccerFan4

Feb 7, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
But your right, 3 points is 3 points.
That was an initial post game response.
Credit to surrey they deserved to win.
We’re missing half our starting lineup and it’s frustrating.
On to TSS next week.

dtoth

Sep 4, 2018
Tokens
Dirty Money
Careful not to breathe on the youngsters in the box....
Seriously, this shite has been ridiculous. Against both U-21 teams, the reffing has been so one-sided that it's astonishing. Against TSS, even they were getting frustrated that the ref was favouring them so much. Every single shoulder-to-shoulder was a foul against us...This is men's league, it should be reffed as such. 90% of the fouls wouldn't have been called if it were two men's teams playing.

Aug 12, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting take. Sometimes easy to see things from one perspective but to say the reffing was "so one-sided that its astonishing" is a big reach . My take may also come from a homer perspective (Langley) but I just don't see things the same way. That being said I cant speak to your TSS game so perhaps this is where the frustration comes from? Our game with them included some soft calls including a PK. Best of luck this weekend

dtoth

Sep 4, 2018
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting take. Sometimes easy to see things from one perspective but to say the reffing was "so one-sided that its astonishing" is a big reach . My take may also come from a homer perspective (Langley) but I just don't see things the same way. That being said I cant speak to your TSS game so perhaps this is where the frustration comes from? Our game with them included some soft calls including a PK. Best of luck this weekend
Mostly the TSS game. They are far smaller than your boys, so naturally went down a lot more during 50-50 challenges. The PK call in our game was horrendous, just an AR trying to stamp his mark on the game 3 minutes in. They just decided to compound their horrible decision by calling back your goal and making you take the PK...

Oh well, that's the life of div. 2 soccer I suppose. GLTA this weekend

Supersub

Sep 23, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mostly the TSS game. They are far smaller than your boys, so naturally went down a lot more during 50-50 challenges. The PK call in our game was horrendous, just an AR trying to stamp his mark on the game 3 minutes in. They just decided to compound their horrible decision by calling back your goal and making you take the PK...

Oh well, that's the life of div. 2 soccer I suppose. GLTA this weekend
Can we get a match report @dtoth so all of us on TTP can ridicule and pass judgement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts