Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 FVSL Div 2 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machoman

Mar 24, 2018
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yup....lost 2-1 they got 2 early goals while we were still sleeping... after that entirely a one sided game. Our best player got injured 3 mins into the game and we were short bodies so we had to improvise. Think they crossed half maybe once in the second. They're a quick young team but omg....u-21 teams should never be able to play in men's divisions. A slight touch to any of the players and they go down and scream like they've been hit by a bus. Absolutely disgusting. Hopefully we can get back to our winning ways next weekend but need to play much much better

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey 0-9 Mission

anyone who wants to watch the game they live streamed it on their instagram. Not sure if it got cut off sometime in the second half but you can imagine how the game went. Very one sided.

They had 5 or 6 subs, we just destroyed them so it’s not a question of not having guys, or them taking a red.

Their keeper was easily their man of the match too.
Yeah, but you were fined for breaking the FVSL runs against rule of 7.

and for being Sandbaggers in green.

krisztiant

Jan 21, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
surrey United 2
SAFC hawks. 0

Decent game, we definatley didn't play our best, but it was well enough to win.20 mins in, First goal came off a free kick placed into the box and our guy got his head on it and placed it in the bottom corner. About 15 minutes later our defender made a nice run down the left side and took a shot from 30 yards+ off just inside the side line. Beauty goal that went top right corner. After that it was just play possession. SAFC did have a few chances which they could have made us pay on, but they couldn't finish. Wish we put a few more away, but couldn't find the final touch. SAFC nice group of guys, but I don't see them staying up with the roster that they have. onto WRU next week.

Aug 12, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yup....lost 2-1 they got 2 early goals while we were still sleeping... after that entirely a one sided game. Our best player got injured 3 mins into the game and we were short bodies so we had to improvise. Think they crossed half maybe once in the second. They're a quick young team but omg....u-21 teams should never be able to play in men's divisions. A slight touch to any of the players and they go down and scream like they've been hit by a bus. Absolutely disgusting. Hopefully we can get back to our winning ways next weekend but need to play much much better

as one of the U21 teams in the division may I ask where you believe we should play? After youth soccer options are limited. With the goal being soccer for life this is the natural next step.

Ronaldo Nazario

Dec 28, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
as one of the U21 teams in the division may I ask where you believe we should play? After youth soccer options are limited. With the goal being soccer for life this is the natural next step.
Start a div 4 team and take the U21 out of your team name. If the league doesn’t have a u21 division it makes no sense in my mind to have teams called U21 but play randomly in men’s divisions. Westcoast United did that like 5 years ago and went from Div 4 to Div 1 taking promotion each year and making 3 presidents cup appearances in a row. Our game vs Surrey was a complete joke and a waste of everyone’s time and no men’s team that has 5-7 subs should be asking the ref to call a game in the 65 minute at home when they make us wake up early and drive to Surrey for a noon kickoff. I wish Div 2 would go back to the old days and have 1 pool of 12 teams. Complete joke that only 3 teams in Pool B our from last years pool

krisztiant

Jan 21, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your point isn't valid for all the under 21 teams. Langley is pretty strong, always show up to play,and played hard all game. TSS aswell when they use some of there div1 boys are a decent squad, but it all depends on when there d1 team plays by the looks of it. As for them being soft it's the refs fault for calling the way the do in favour of the smaller guys not the players. SU U21 I can't speak for really since we don't practice near eachother anymore, but if they didn't make changes last year to there squad they will be down in div3 next year.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Connor J forgetting the team he plays on started in div 2, not 4... Div 1 has 4 brand new teams this year, and Langley Dragons are competing fine, wouldn’t of made sense for them to be in div 4 but how do you judge from the leagues perspective?

I get why the league wants to keep its U21 teams for provincial reasons, and having a league of 4 teams would be pointless. Seems like a good way of doing things how it is, It’s just hard to figure out where to place them I suppose.

Surrey U21 (if they still fall under the U21 banner) looks likely to end up in div 3 next year anyways where they will do much better.

Ronaldo Nazario

Dec 28, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Connor J forgetting the team he plays on started in div 2, not 4... Div 1 has 4 brand new teams this year, and Langley Dragons are competing fine, wouldn’t of made sense for them to be in div 4 but how do you judge from the leagues perspective?

I get why the league wants to keep its U21 teams for provincial reasons, and having a league of 4 teams would be pointless. Seems like a good way of doing things how it is, It’s just hard to figure out where to place them I suppose.

Surrey U21 (if they still fall under the U21 banner) looks likely to end up in div 3 next year anyways where they will do much better.

I think their is a difference when a Div 1 team gets relagated and a group of those guys make a Div 2 team. I don’t like the pools cause kinda takes away from winning the league or mvp/golden boot cause u don’t play everyone the same amount of times. Also if Langley U21 make top 3 are they going into our provincial or u21 ? And I think the fairest way if you do the two pools is you play everyone in your pool then play other pool once then last part of the year u play your pool again. Be more interesting to play your side at the end and fight for top 3 rather then playing other side and hoping for a result. Then have both 4th place team play a one game play in game for last provincial spot if the cup winner is already a top 3 team in their own pool

Aug 12, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think their is a difference when a Div 1 team gets relagated and a group of those guys make a Div 2 team. I don’t like the pools cause kinda takes away from winning the league or mvp/golden boot cause u don’t play everyone the same amount of times. Also if Langley U21 make top 3 are they going into our provincial or u21 ? And I think the fairest way if you do the two pools is you play everyone in your pool then play other pool once then last part of the year u play your pool again. Be more interesting to play your side at the end and fight for top 3 rather then playing other side and hoping for a result. Then have both 4th place team play a one game play in game for last provincial spot if the cup winner is already a top 3 team in their own pool
[/QUOTE]

The reason we registered as U21 in the first place was in the hopes of a U21 division, and attempted qualification for U21 cup. We would not be eligible for the B Cup.

I do agree with your point about one division but 16 teams doesnt work in a 22 game season. Has anyone got official word if there is crossover? Original divisional alignment stated this. but the actual online schedule shows 3 games within each pool (with a 4th game against the teams played week 1).

Supersub

Sep 23, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

Stay off @4thplacetrophy's lawn all you kids out there!

Cascadianlion

Oct 30, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
TSS is looking to challenge their academy kids. Yes, that means there will be the occasional shellacking. However, the reverse fixture was a 2-2 draw this past weekend. By my count, there was only 1 TSS player over 19 on the field Saturday night. As Parallel 49 Brewing is their shirt sponsor, players under 19 must wear a sponsorless kit.

Ronaldo Nazario

Dec 28, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions week 9
Aldergrove 1-1 Westcoast United
Abbotsford 4-0 Surrey U21
Mission 2-0 Langley City
Red Devils 2-1 Dynamo
Knights 2-1 Poco
Langley U21 3-1 Wakanda
SAFC 0-2 TSS U21