Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 FVSL Div. 1 MOTW - Sept 16th to 18th

Which will be the MOTW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week two is upon us. Everything seemed to hold true to form from last week. Rangers, Aldergrove win. Moody wins their first of the season even without their British imports. NDFC, and Poco tie, and Whalley wins. This begs one question. Are the Hurricanes any good or does GNSU suck?

Week Two:

Rangers vs. NDFC

The first Friday night at NAP of the year. The Rangers are coming off a lackluster win over GEU. Looked good at times and down right horrible at others. ND is coming off a pretty good result for their first game in Div. 1. They'll no doubt be pumped to play the legendary Rangers. MOTW material? Perhaps.

GNSU vs. Delta Highlanders

Delta took one on the chin from Aldergrove last weekend, and will be looking for a much better result against GNSU. Same can be said for the GN boys. Maybe get the mittens out a month or two earlier. Never know. Could help. MOTW? Nope.

Aldergrove vs. GEU

GEU surprised me a little on Friday. They were competative. Don't take them lightly and you'll walk away with three points. Aldergrove appear to be on a mission. Their trouncing of Delta last week has to have them listed as the favorite for promotion. MOTW? Not a chance.

Raiders vs. Sporting

Perenial mid packers. This has the potential to be a decent game actually. The Raiders will play their usual "let them come at us and we'll score a chinky one later" style and will probably win. I haven't heard much about Sporting this year except what I hear every year. They picked up a bunch of guys and are going to be good. Port Moody beat them. Nuff said. ;)

Port Moody vs.Whalley

Two teams coming up big wins. If Pomo has their superstar Brits, they should give the Canes a good run. I still haven't heard a thing about Whalley, but they did win last weekend so they must be considered a legitimate threat. MOTW? Meh...

There's my view. Let's have yours.

Werd.

B

baggio15

TheRob said:
Moody wins their first of the season even without their British imports
nope, they were there alright

and obviously the motw is the only matchup of two 1-0 teams :D

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll go with the Rangers/Delta match, the FVSL gets to see a Garbage Can in goal for the first time ever.

knut, where is at little picture you posted a few years ago, too funny, but I need Rangers on it now.

hos

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't want to be a homer and vote for my own match, so I'll throw my vote for the Port Moody/Whalley tilt. Since both squads are coming off wins last weekend, its an important game for each team as a 2-0 start by either would be considered a surprise, to say the least, and would build some serious momentum.

~Shaven

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
ndfc vs. rangers fo shizzle bizzle!!
.......one question though......who's minding the net for ndfc?????

C-thru

Sep 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
keeper will be decided by a round robin rock paper scissors tournament. the runner up will be back up incase the cross bar falls on the winner's head.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
dopeashell said:
we are looking for someone as our regular golie wont be there...nor am i but thats what i herd....

No worries...crisis averted. We (NDFC) have solved the keeping situation. Good to go for Friday. 'Nuff said.

Hey dope, how's Vermillion? ;) Never mind, I think I know the answer to that question... :D

Cheers bro.

~Shaven

LSD

May 31, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
NDFC will have a 15 year old kid playing in net for us this Friday night. No lie or piss take, he's the kid of our coaches friend. Our 6'7 starting goalie is working that night and other goalies within our club aren't available. The kid is fairly decent, we worked him hard all practice so it should be a good test for him against the Rangers. Anybody know how old the youngest player to play Men's League in the FVSL is? I think we may be setting a new record.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm glad you got it sorted out. Now take it to the Div. 1 banter thread and keep this one on topic.

whack

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The hurricanes were using a 15 year old who was schooling the opposing defenders last season.

LSD said:
NDFC will have a 15 year old kid playing in net for us this Friday night. No lie or piss take, he's the kid of our coaches friend. Our 6'7 starting goalie is working that night and other goalies within our club aren't available. The kid is fairly decent, we worked him hard all practice so it should be a good test for him against the Rangers. Anybody know how old the youngest player to play Men's League in the FVSL is? I think we may be setting a new record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0