Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 FVSL Div 1 - 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good question! I’d be curious to know as well
Not necessarily my area of expertise, but I recall Burnaby Firefighters spending a season in Division 1 before being allowed into Premier and they were incredibly dominant.

That would have been 5 or 6 seasons ago if my math is correct.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not necessarily my area of expertise, but I recall Burnaby Firefighters spending a season in Division 1 before being allowed into Premier and they were incredibly dominant.

That would have been 5 or 6 seasons ago if my math is correct.

Yup.

Whether VMSL, Island, or FVSL, all are big jumps, because all three are high standards. Jumping up means knowing you are in for a season of taking beatings and knowing you are in for a relegation battle. This year may very well have served as good preparation; they will need to do something to add talent. Really hard in Chiliwack, because what you have is what you have, unless you get a clinical poacher like Andrew Slaner moving to the area to play with a dominant midfield featuring Cam & Kyle. You gotta love the club, hopefully they see a good talent pipeline ahead and have kids that will grow into the added challenge Premier presents. UFV players perhaps?

Skuzzy

Oct 14, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yup.

Whether VMSL, Island, or FVSL, all are big jumps, because all three are high standards. Jumping up means knowing you are in for a season of taking beatings and knowing you are in for a relegation battle. This year may very well have served as good preparation; they will need to do something to add talent. Really hard in Chiliwack, because what you have is what you have, unless you get a clinical poacher like Andrew Slaner moving to the area to play with a dominant midfield featuring Cam & Kyle. You gotta love the club, hopefully they see a good talent pipeline ahead and have kids that will grow into the added challenge Premier presents. UFV players perhaps?

These next few years will be interesting. For as long as I've been apart of the squad, I've never seen such a drastic change within 1 season. We had a big wave of younger talent come in (I can feel myself slowly turning into a veteran), which really helped us.

As for an actual pipeline to feed the club, I'm honestly not sure. I'm not super knowledgable on what goes on behind the scenes, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

But, I personally don't think CFC does a very good job of pushing talent to us. It's like we're this giant youth development program with no end goal. Sure, you're going to lose some of your guys who go play Uni; or if they're trying to pursue something further; take the steps needed to do so. But as for playing on the local top team (us), we don't see enough youth relative to how much youth we actually have coming through the pipeline. Which is obviously unsustainable.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like you may need to find a way to tap into the pipeline, way easier said than done.

One of my fondest memories was playing you guys on a Saturday evening season's opener. Stands were 1/2 full in the stadium, full concession going, smell of hot-dogs, great atmosphere, and we beat you up 5-2. :D

Then went drinking with you after.

Good times.

Skuzzy

Oct 14, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like you may need to find a way to tap into the pipeline, way easier said than done.

One of my fondest memories was playing you guys on a Saturday evening season's opener. Stands were 1/2 full in the stadium, full concession going, smell of hot-dogs, great atmosphere, and we beat you up 5-2. :D

Then went drinking with you after.

Good times.

Games at Ex are always a good time.

Hey, win or loss, you bet your ass we have the beers going! Losing beers don't taste the same though. :yuck:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0