Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 FVSL Div 1 - 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, you haven’t tasted one of those in a while. Rooting for you guys in the Pak. May you draw CCB (side note, has the draw happened? If it hadn’t happened on TTP, it hasn’t happened).

Skuzzy

Oct 14, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, you haven’t tasted one of those in a while. Rooting for you guys in the Pak. May you draw CCB (side note, has the draw happened? If it hadn’t happened on TTP, it hasn’t happened).

I believe it has!

Look's like we're playing Coastal FC. Kicking it off with a big game!

Screen Shot 2020-02-24 at 1.47.17 PM.png

midman

Oct 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for an actual pipeline to feed the club, I'm honestly not sure. I'm not super knowledgable on what goes on behind the scenes, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

But, I personally don't think CFC does a very good job of pushing talent to us. It's like we're this giant youth development program with no end goal.

The youth program in CFC is there, however, they push the top kids into Metro programs and the BCSPL closer to the city.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
These next few years will be interesting. For as long as I've been apart of the squad, I've never seen such a drastic change within 1 season. We had a big wave of younger talent come in (I can feel myself slowly turning into a veteran), which really helped us.

As for an actual pipeline to feed the club, I'm honestly not sure. I'm not super knowledgable on what goes on behind the scenes, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

But, I personally don't think CFC does a very good job of pushing talent to us. It's like we're this giant youth development program with no end goal. Sure, you're going to lose some of your guys who go play Uni; or if they're trying to pursue something further; take the steps needed to do so. But as for playing on the local top team (us), we don't see enough youth relative to how much youth we actually have coming through the pipeline. Which is obviously unsustainable.

You are not wrong. CFC has struggled for many years to promote players up through the teams/divisions within it's own club - good at getting players to metro and BCSPL - including into the senior teams.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The youth program in CFC is there, however, they push the top kids into Metro programs and the BCSPL closer to the city.

Yep, but the metro kids can be loaned to the CFC senior team (One of the FV metro TD's is also the CFC TD), and BCSPL kids can also be loaned (though harder as they've obviously then moved to a club with it's own senior program and plans at that point).

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wish them the best. CFC is one of the "Storied" club members of the FVSL, and you could even go so far as saying throughout the whole Lower Mainland. The league is better off with this club in Premier.

What's interesting is what's lining up for the second spot, and there are a lot of questions still.

Do we know for sure there will even be one club dropped down? I'm not so sure. I know the league would love to have 10 squads in Premier and hit the reset button on pro / rel. I also feel one should always be dropped down, and smart money is on Van United being that team, given their games remaining and current point gap.

The next interesting question is second spot, and I think KNVB posted somewhere a playoff. That second team up will likely be Langley, gain based on current standing and next opponent. This is where is gets a bit interesting for me, are they even allowed to play-off, or because of the club structure issue, will it be next up to Port Moody?

Even so, whoever the playoff is between, it's going to be a cracker! Van United is actually playing well right now, and no matter what anyone says, the level difference between the competition in Premier and 1st is significant enough.

Nice to see the 1st division strong again, and with teams fighting for promotion.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Only way I would want to see a team dropped is if a div 1 team being offered a spot can beat the team being put down. Have a promotion game. Hate seeing the same shite repeating itself. The teams at the bottom of prem now hopefully are learning and seeing where they need to improve to stay up the following season.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like a good pro / rel playoff game. That said, I also like the concept of one going down no matter what, and one going up no matter what. Bottom and top switch. Promotion races and relegation races can be exciting, and good for the clubs involved. There is room for both w/ 10 clubs in Premier. That's why I feel we could have a year of no relegation. Who knows, as we do know the situation(s) with clubs can be pretty fluid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts