Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 FVSL D2 - Winter 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

peg leg

Mar 22, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo 1- Red Bulls 1

Disappointing result for us. First 20, they come out flying, fast crisp passing, had us on our heels and in our end. Not many chances but all the possession. Their centre back miscues and gives it to our forward for a breakaway and the Red Bull goalie comes charging out and tackles our guy about 25 yards out. Straight Red. We get our first goal about 5 minutes later on a breakaway. They still playing well until the half with only 10. 1-0 us.

Second half, they start tiring a bit and we have several glorious chances and couldn't score. Their back-up was awesome, 2 great saves. Game seemed under control until the last 5, where they start pushing up and pressuring. Couple of mis headers, a bad clearance for a corner kick gave them a chance. Last play of the game, everyone in the box including their keeper, ball goes short but knicks our defender as the ball is about to be caught by our goalie. Our keep fumbles it and both him and the ball go down and the ball crawls slowly over the line. Game over. A real tough two points to drop for us.
We should have buried them earlier but didn't ...so that hurt us in the end. Freezing night, no beer after, I played the first 45 poorly and hurt my foot so I'm not in good spirits right now.

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Side note: never had this ref before, like the job he did. Also, I change my mind about the Red Bull’s, clean game, nothing dirty.
Last game against them we scored in the last minute to tie it and now.........

krisztiant

Jan 21, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey united 3
Red Devils. 1

We came out quick and had a good chance within a couple minutes but nothing came of it. the Red Devils are good with there control of the ball in there back end/middle of the field, but seemed to lack the finishing touch or final pass required to get any really good oppertunities. We scored our first goal about 35 mins into the first half off a good string of 5 passes which ended with a cross getting heading in by our forward no chance for the keeper. Second half started out well both teams exchanging chances but nothing too dangerous. About 15 minutes into the half our player took a dipping shot from around 20+ yards out and beat the keeper ball squeezing just below the bar and above the goalies reach. We got our 3rd goal around 30 minutes into the half off a fast break were our midfielder found our open striker in the middle of the field and he made no mistake from about 15 yards out. At this point we thought we were safe and started to relax a little too much. The Red Devils never gave up and kept comming at us with our goalie making a couple good saves and a few near misses for them. They finally got a goal with about 10 to go off a bouncing through ball was lobbed over our goalies head into the far corner as he was comming out to challenge the player, great finish by there player. Rest of the game was back and forth since Red Devils were pushing everyone up, we managed to not score a 5-2 somehow. Last play of the game there keeper tried sheilding the ball out and our player got there and knocked it off him and out for a corner, there frusterated keeper then decided to shoulder our player to the ground. No card give which was questionable, but the ref was letting everything go all game both ways so it was no surprise. I feel like we got the better end of s few questionable calls by the referee which usually don't go our way.
Good 3 game winning streak hopefully we can continue it next week.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Abby 1 Purple Devils 0 (Weird colour uniforms)

Pretty straight forward game. We scored on a controversial goal mid first half. Ball look like it could have gone out on the touch line but no linesman on the line to make the call so ref played on and we scored on a nice ball into the box. Our coach said it stayed in but they protested to no avail. Game was pretty much played in the middle part of the field the rest of the game with each team getting couple chances in the 2nd half. Blue devils had a goal called off to an apparent offside and Abby missed couple breakaways. We probably deserved the 3 point but not by much!!

Good game but the blue devils I would say both teams will finish top 5 in league and content in the provincials

You guys get to do it all over again in first round of presidents cup too.

And we’ll be playing the Gunners for the fourth time this season.

Ronaldo Nazario

Dec 28, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
1-1 vs Titans was a good result. in my opinion them and Abby have been are hardest teams we played so far. we had majority of position prob 70-30 but they are a hard team to break down in the final third very well organized and their number 10 is very hard to mark and all their offence goes threw him. they scored on a rebound prob 20 mins in and i feel like that was their only real goal scoring chance and we scored off a freekick on a near post run. Good battle on a frozen turn field and this year is going to be a crazy year thank god 7 teams go to provincials

ZidaneFan

Oct 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sparta 3 - 2 Blue Devils.
We dominated the game from the start until the 80th min. Up 3-0, they didn't quit and were rewarded with a penalty shot and a screamer from 25 yards to make it a one goal game. But it just as easily could've been 5-1 for us if it wasn't for super manager turned goalie Gare-bear, he made 4 breakaway saves. Definitely their man of the match.
Had 11 or 12 guys the last four games with guys playing injured, so thank goodness it's christmas break. Need to heal up.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey 0-2 Mission

Awful conditions, but the grass field was actually in pretty good condition.

We scored early on, and nothing much more happened until late on in the half when their keeper made two good saves to keep them in it.

Second half they came out trying to get back into the game, leaving some space in behind which we couldn’t capatalize on creating nothing of note. Late on they had a guy get a straight red for a wreckers tackle, and after that it was just us coming at them. Finally we put the game to be from a pk with the very last kick off the game.

Surrey weren’t as bad as I thought the first time around but I’m still surprised that they take as many points as they do.

Merry Christmas fellas

krisztiant

Jan 21, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mission won as stated, we played totally shite in the first 25 mins, and mission were doing there thing, our back up goalie made plenty of nice saves to keep us in the game, but we couldn't finish anything in the final 3rd of the field, felt bad for our defence keeping us in the game and not creating much up front, mission is a decent team, they played well, but defiantly weren't out playing us all over the field. We will see who finishes where at the end of the season ;). Maybe will "take" a few more points then you guys.

Supersub

Sep 23, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey 0-2 Mission

Awful conditions, but the grass field was actually in pretty good condition.

We scored early on, and nothing much more happened until late on in the half when their keeper made two good saves to keep them in it.

Second half they came out trying to get back into the game, leaving some space in behind which we couldn’t capatalize on creating nothing of note. Late on they had a guy get a straight red for a wreckers tackle, and after that it was just us coming at them. Finally we put the game to be from a pk with the very last kick off the game.

Surrey weren’t as bad as I thought the first time around but I’m still surprised that they take as many points as they do.

Merry Christmas fellas

We should all be playing on grass as it is less wear on the body, for many the preferred surface.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sparta 2-2 Mission

Even game, fair result. Opening 15 minutes Sparta weren’t awake, and could have found themselves 3-0 down instead of 1-0. Unfortunately we didn’t take our chances though. They then got some rhythm and the game evened out with both teams missing some good chances, overall 2-2 was pretty fair I’m sure they would agree.

peg leg

Mar 22, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo 3 - Port Moody Gunners 3

Sorry, wasn't there so no lengthy report. Heard they got one with about 5 to go to tie it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0