Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL D2]2012/13 MOTW Week 7

What's your week 7 MOTW?

• Highlanders @ Celtic

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Knights @ Blues

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Abby @ Dynamo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aldy @ Stolo

• Yotes @ Temple

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm going for us v Celtic as the MOTW.

Blues to pummel the Knights
Dynamo handily over Abby
Stolo to hammer Aldergrove
Yotes by a TD over Temple

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm going for us v Celtic as the MOTW.

Blues to pummel the Knights
Dynamo handily over Abby
Stolo to hammer Aldergrove
Yotes by a TD over Temple

What you said. Celtic will be looking to get some redemption after the nomads/highlanders (remaining players I know) knocked us out of cup last year in pk's. Should be a battle out on the pitt grass.

peg leg

Mar 22, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stolo-Dynamo game had both teams play a 5-4-1 to start so the 1st half was very sloppy with us just trying to clear the ball from the Stolo keeper punts-mostly out of bounds or to a Stolo guy, when he was agaisnt the wind in the second half we were alot better. Stolo are improved this year and play super tight in the back and play the long ball up front, they will be tough.

On to this weak week, no real barnburners...

Highlanders-Celtic- MY MOTW, Celtic are slowly moving up the table in third now...looking good. They are a bunch of nice guys (well at least the forwards) and play solid on that odd parallagram home field. (GRASS JBN GRASS). If Coastal has House Arrest it should be a good game but I see Celtic scoring a late one off of Stallions noggin for a brilliant OG. 1-0 Celtic.

Abby- Dynamo--don't like playing young young teams because they could be reaally good or really bad.

Stolo-Aldergrove--Stolo will win just because they are so stingy--3-0.

Blues-Highlanders-- If I had a stradegy for the boys from Maple Ridge is to play the kids physical ( I think that is their gameplan every game). However you have to catch them first. 5-0 POMO.

Temple- Coyotes--The Yotes are on a long long long winless streak. Temple is on a long long long long long losing streak. JJ is mad, very mad, very very very mad. I fell sorry for Temple. 12-0 Yotes even without key guys.

wc.Celtic

Oct 8, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also going with our match vs Highlanders as Gotw, only because it'll most likely be the closest game.

Knights vs Blues -- if the ref calls fouls and gives out the proper cards to the Knights, it should be a blowout for Port Moody. However, if Knights get the Blues off their game and into some small scraps, it could take its toll. Still should be a fairly easy win for Pomo. 4-0.

Abby vs Langley -- I really have no idea how this Abby team is. They seem alright, but they're results haven't shown anything more than that. 2-0 Langley based only on the fact that their backline gives the other team very few chances.

Aldergrove vs Stolo -- Aldergrove is better than what their first few games of the season show. they're D is shaky, but with a few more games as a group they could start to click better. Stolo's attack is too quick for them so Stolo 5-1.

Coyotes vs Temple -- feeling pretty bad for Temple right now. They came out flying in the season opener against us and controlled the match. We lulled them to sleep and scored one out of no where before the half. With some finishing they'll be good, but until that I don't see them doing much. Coyotes 3-0.

Cheers.

wc.Celtic

Oct 8, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic 1 - 0 Highlanders.

It wasn't pretty, but got it done.
Little messy both ways, we had a few good chances we should've put away, they mostly had shots from 25+ yards.
Our new guy put us ahead with about 5 mins remaining.
Highlanders had a few solid players, but couldn't generate too many good chances.
I think we can all agree that games reffed by Keith are never easy, definitely both ways though.

Onto Abby next sunday 8pm? ..that's a rough home field time.

peg leg

Mar 22, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Abby 4 - Dynamo 1

Yep, the score line don't lie. We came out real strong for the first twenty--their goalie was real good. We got caught on mis-tackles and mis marking and boom boom 2 easy goals for them on two shots. Then we seemed to panic, no creativity, poor passing and form. They score another before half and we shake our heads in disbelief.

Second half we come out flying, score one early but the soccer gods were not with us--two crossbars, one post, one ball that was clearly in but was pulled out--point blank shots missed. They score a late one with us pressing.

Very frustrating, tough to drop those points. However, we all play next week and we will be ready to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0