Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT [FVSL Cat] Results and Banter - October '04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
New month, new thread.

I'll give you a topic:
Poco, do they really suck or are they just old?

Discuss.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Usually i over hear whos come and gone from Poco each year but i haven't heard anything yet. Is the team pretty much the same as last year? Is Draven premier only now? Has BJ moved on to PAU as the rumours say?

Anyone have any inside scoop?

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty much the same team, mabye 5 changes, I was watching them practice Tuesday and they looked good. I think they will come back and finish with at least a winning record.

Draven

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
Usually i over hear whos come and gone from Poco each year but i haven't heard anything yet. Is the team pretty much the same as last year? Is Draven premier only now? Has BJ moved on to PAU as the rumours say?

Anyone have any inside scoop?

Draven wanted to just play CAT this year, but Draven is getting suckered into double duty.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since when do you talk about yourself in the 3rd person??

Draven is playing CAT he just came out last week to help out cause we were short a few players due to work and traveling commitments. Although everbody, including himself, knows on which team he truly belongs on and should be playing with.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guy scores 1 goal in a premier, apparently a cracker though, and now he belongs on premier? Who's your coach, Alan Solk?

:D

Draven, if you want to skip the CAT game this weekend be my guest, i won't miss you.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
draven our team idolizes your intensity and desire, every practice our coach tells us to be more like you. I'm going to shave my head like you and rub your belly.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys who score crackers in Cat largely go unnoticed. Go ahead, just ask Dude, who scored a cracker against Poco in injury time to seal the victory, but got no love on TTP.

Just looking for a little love,

3rd Person Dude.

Draven

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sliver, good catch on the 3rd person. I thought I was Skytrain for a moment. If you saw my display in the last CAT game, you will know why double duty is tough for this old body.

Yoda, no chance in hell I will be missing playing against your lot.

Canuckboy, what coach? You mean Snowman? I just think he has a crush on me. :confused:

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Guys who score crackers in Cat largely go unnoticed. Go ahead, just ask Dude, who scored a cracker against Poco in injury time to seal the victory, but got no love on TTP.

Just looking for a little love,

3rd Person Dude.

People are jealous of your hair Dude, Draven on the other hand....

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Draven said:
Canuckboy, what coach? You mean Snowman? I just think he has a crush on me. :confused:

Snowman is cheating on me, that's the last time tell him it's over.

Sorry I missed your goal Draven I'll be sure to see the next one in 2014, should be another cracker.

Belfast

Oct 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
My turn to chime in, sorry about my tardy response to the Dude comment about P.A.U finaly taking 3 points of there mighty squad. I hope it was not you last year spouting off how you dominated us. I do not want to point out who placed higher then you in the final standings. Anyway on to the proper months banter, what should we expect from the Lions team, I think its comprised of the team we play in the knights summer session ??

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Belfast...no it wasn't, why don't you look in the archives?

That said, I do remember you snivelling about pretty much anything and everything. Tip: when guys complement your squad- i.e.: they deserved it- take it for what it's worth.

Looking forward to the re-match.

discman

Sep 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whalley 2-Wack 2
Game was very even both playing with intensity and then a typical homey ref gets involved blowing everything in site. Whalley down to 10 men on a very weak elbow call 11 mins into the 2nd. No yellow straight to red. Even some of the wack guys were saying bogus. In between this the refs now handing out yellows like candy,then ejects another Whalley player with no warning in the 80th minute. We knew coming into this game it would be intense and thats what it's all about. I just don't think both teams deserved officiating like they got today. Both very good teams that worked there butts off. Considering the facts good result on the day. Now comes the big question what the ref says in his report for discipline and based on what he writes and what discipline beliefs these players could be gone for more than one game. Not right...

Belfast

Oct 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lions 2 P.A.U 0
Not much to say about the game lions 3 chances 2 goals arch 4 chances 0 for the tally. Lions back four well organized we controlled the bulk of the game in places that didnt matter. Alot of respect shown from both sides good ref from F.V.S.L standards. Just a thought, the teams that rely heavily on there prem side are they not going to struggle in the second half of the season with card trouble, double headers, injuries etc...Anyway Lions only with one sub and they won.... enough said !!!

P.S: Dude who looks at archives, I just wanted to make sure you do not put your foot too far down your throat.

Cheers.

lilhank

Feb 17, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
discman said:
Whalley 2-Wack 2
Game was very even both playing with intensity and then a typical homey ref gets involved blowing everything in site. Whalley down to 10 men on a very weak elbow call 11 mins into the 2nd. No yellow straight to red. Even some of the wack guys were saying bogus. In between this the refs now handing out yellows like candy,then ejects another Whalley player with no warning in the 80th minute. We knew coming into this game it would be intense and thats what it's all about. I just don't think both teams deserved officiating like they got today. Both very good teams that worked there butts off. Considering the facts good result on the day. Now comes the big question what the ref says in his report for discipline and based on what he writes and what discipline beliefs these players could be gone for more than one game. Not right...

Couldn't agree more with you Discman. Two reds for Whalley on questionable calls with no yellow showed previous is absolutely shocking. Interesting that no wack players left the game with reds. I'm not into conspiracy theories just letting it be noted. Seemed that Whalley came out on the shorter end of the stick. That being said Whalley played a disorganized first half that left us with no choice but to get it together at half time. It must have been something in the water that sparked our side to play like we can. Limited Wacks chances and had a few of our own. Actually scored with a player out on the first red. That put us up 2-1 and with Wack not really threatening should have been the game. I personally shat the bed from the top of the 18 with a hard shot directly at the keeper with about 20 to go, would have put us up 3-1. Could have drove a giant beach ball left or right of the keeper. Oh well that's what I get for not closing my eyes while I shoot. With about 15 to go ref gives our most threatening forward a red on a play that may have warranted a whistle. So I agree with discman that the officiating left a whole lot to be desired but if I was on the wack squad I may have bought him at least two beers after the game. In my humble opinion without wacks 12th player on the pitch the result definately would have favoured Whalley. I guess we'll only really be able to tell our next game vs wack, perhaps we'll get a ref with two eyes.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU 4 - Poco 3

Poco went up 2-0 with the first being a toe punt challenge that went top corner on our keeper from a ways out. Crappy goal but they all count. Then we got a PK and the second to tie it up before half. They scored another and we tallied twice more for the win. Probably one of the highest scoring games in GEU POCO game history.
Game was fairly clean and good except for a minor incident with Draven that cost him and one of our players reds. Poco lucky not to get another red card for the 3rd man into the melee.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley 5 - SUFC 0

A really pathetic effort by us and lucky Langley didn't beat us by 2 touchdowns.

We gave them a good scrimmage today :rolleyes:

LFC2 and rest of Langley management has done a good job in creating IMO the best club system in FV.

Only good point for us was that Dude missed an absolute sitter.......made me smile at the end of shitty game. :D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, here's my take on the SUFC squad.

Individually, lots of skill. One-on-one, you guys create problems. That said, good team defense will always beat the one-on-one player. I wasn't there for the pre-game speech, but I'm sure LFC2 addressed this, and stressed not diving in, etc. You guys were bickering a lot, which made things easier for us.

Just my opinion, but are you guys perhaps not quite as fit as you could be. T, you looked fit, as did some of the younger guys, but the guy I had to cover on the wing had troubles keeping up with me. That's a problem. That's a big problem. He's a skilled player, though, and played some smart balls through. Bigger problem: LFC2 was made to look like a stallion out there.

All in all, if you guys can pull together and train together a bit, I suspect we'll have a much closer match next time up. As always, a good, clean game...great bunch you have there. Say "Yellow" for me one more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts