Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL 2003/2004 Rumours and Stuff.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Langley Premier Home Games

Originally posted by lfc
We are leaning towards it only because we believe the majority of the teams have gone this route and we are finding more interest in the Friday night games from potential saviours to our woeful squad.

I'll be honest with you lfc, I can't stand the turf. It was a novelty a few years ago and the surface is true. However, I remember a few months back JTL saying soccer was made to played on real grass and I agree with him. The turf is nice when grass fields are shite but give me a grass pitch any day - especially because I am going to be on the wrong side of 30 soon.

As for your Friday night games, a lot of teams are going this route so that they have a whole weekend off. Personally I like playing during the day on a grass pitch on the lords celebration day. who the hell wants to go out to Chilliwack on a Friday night to play at 9pm though? Even though the Chilliwack lads treat us well ( a win for us) and buy us multiple pints at Dukes.:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lfc: one rumor I can 100% confirm- I have a new pair of Lotto boots coming my way. Got a good deal. ;)

Personally, I love Friday nighters. Nothing better. To me, the best Friday night facility last year was Bear Creek...natural.

I'd even rather play Friday @ 9:00 than Sunday @ 2:15. I hate Sunday games...you have to work the next day. I'd rather play Saturdays if I had a choice.

Lfc...what about that lit grass field next to the all weather field we trained on last year? Couldn't evening games be played there until the weather gets so bad we're forced onto turf?

That said: my vote is YES for Friday @ 9:00, Langley.

lfc

Sep 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Dude
Lfc: one rumor I can 100% confirm- I have a new pair of Lotto boots coming my way. Got a good deal. ;)

Personally, I love Friday nighters. Nothing better. To me, the best Friday night facility last year was Bear Creek...natural.

I'd even rather play Friday @ 9:00 than Sunday @ 2:15. I hate Sunday games...you have to work the next day. I'd rather play Saturdays if I had a choice.

Lfc...what about that lit grass field next to the all weather field we trained on last year? Couldn't evening games be played there until the weather gets so bad we're forced onto turf?

That said: my vote is YES for Friday @ 9:00, Langley.

That field is lit only for baseball, the lights do not face the soccer pitch at the right angles.

lfc

Sep 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dudes boots

Dude,
I hope you are not getting those boots directly. I may have to make a phone call to the Lotto rep! Do you know who he is?

lfc

Sep 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: Langley Premier Home Games

Originally posted by revolutionary
Two questions...

1 What field is this turf going in at, because i have heard nothing about it?

2. I have heard that LUFC has begged Steve Millar to stay in langley and coach/play for them. Is this true and is it going to happen?
\

Field is going in at the oval at LSS aka Neil Mcleod aka Map. Same field we played on last year. It has started and is scheduled to be done by labour day.

As far as Millar is concerned, not to my knowledge. There was a rumour of somebody whose name was never brought to the table for some mysterious reason that nobody understood, not like any money is being offered, but was dropped at a subsequent meeting. Have not heard more since.

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Millar rumour

I guess this is why they call it the rumour and stuff thread. Yes Millar does play with us in the Summer, but nobody has begged him to come over in the winter.
Crow also plays with us in the summer, so I guess that I should start a rumour that he is also comming over:rolleyes: .

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
More Rumours

Bertrum plays on Sapperton Rovers in the summer so I guess he'll be coming for the winter. Why not, on the GEU thread, aren't they all wanking about their loon coach?

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Done deal.

I heard from an ex and now current Ranger that the deal is done. The old boys will be playing Premier next year. The league just got a lot better.

Now the question is, will they be able to throw a Cat team together?;)

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Premier League has just got stronger IMO

If the Rangers rumor is true, then I look forward to a couple of cracking (literally) battles this winter... It wasn't too long ago that the FVSL Premier Div. was very competitve... The early - mid 90's had some great wars... Surrey FC, Surrey United, Langley, White Rock and Delta all were deep squads that came to play every week...

As for this Friday night League crap... WHY??? Friday nighters were a novelty a couple of years back... When you actually looked forward to the chance to play a Friday night in front of a good crowd... Now everyone seems to be doing it and the crowds consist of an old lady waiting desperately for the match to be over with so she can pull out her garbage bag (from her BMW) and start collecting the empties, three birds all huddled together for warm (not all that bad), a couple of injured club guys calling the ref everything (but accurate) and six dogs running a muck and shiting in the area behind the net... Weekday evening football = Shite, Bush and Lame...
Friday nights are for hitting the local patio with few of the lads from work... That's the only rushing about I can be bothered with... I actually agree with 2 % of what that stronz Dude said:
I'd rather play Saturdays if I had a choice.
Now that is when football should be played...

lfc, push to stay as one of the only (this is sad) two squads playing in the light of day on a natural surface... Beleive me, unless you have a nagging missus that wants you to do house chores all weekend, Friday nights are not neccesary... :(

GuinnessconcernedtheFVSLisbecominganightleague!!!:mad:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If it's true this a great pick up for the league. It'll add a little more depth to the premier that quite frankly needs another strong team to support itself. 8 teams is fine and makes for some pretty heated home and homes, but when you have to play a lesser opponent 4 times in a year what's the point? Bor-ing.

What will this do to some of the aging Rangers? Where do they go? Wasn't the Ranger (for a lack of a better word) philosophy, friends playing with friends being competitive and having TONS O pints? Will that change? Will they be bringing in or poaching :eek: other players to keep them strong? Questions I'm curious to see answered. I know PAU started that way. Will they now be able to keep everyone happy in a league that just got more competitive?

As for the Friday night/ Turf rant that has developed here, I completely agree with Guinness. Friday nighters should be a luxury, and event or a league showcase. For me, the one time a year we got to play (a then strong) Metro Ford team on a Friday night out at Mundy was something everyone looked forward too. Was never less than 200 people on the sides. Great atmosphere. Every other week on turf is bush.

Please note:For the record this is not a piss take in any way shape or form on the FVSL, it's players, or it's team officials let alone anyone associated with it's "All Star" team. That would just be wrong and I want nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This ain't no rumour

lfc Dude,I hope you are not getting those boots directly. I may have to make a phone call to the Lotto rep! Do you know who he is?

lfc, no need to fear. Those boots won't help that cnut's game. :p

Dude That would make sense...from one loon coach to another. Birds of a feather stick together.

Coming from you Dud, I'll take that as a compliment.

I still see Bertrum lining up for Sapperton this winter.:p

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
EASY LADS

Not so fast,their are still a few major deals that have to get done before we make this jump!
If and i do mean if we make this jump,we will carry a squad of 30 lads.
We would then dress 15 for the premier game,and 15 for the div 1 game.
One of the major problems is alot of the older lads don't want to play in the Cat league?
The div 1 league is a very competative league,even more so with the storm and lions on board.
I am not knocking the Cat league,but the two leagues are miles appart.
We still want to stay in div1,and dress a competative premier squad.

Things are still not done
Coach.:rolleyes:

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: The Premier League has just got stronger IMO

Originally posted by Guinness
As for this Friday night League crap..Friday nights are for hitting the local patio with few of the lads from work... That's the only rushing about I can be bothered with... I actually agree with 2 % of what that stronz Dude said:
Now that is when football should be played...

I can't believe I agree with a PAU player. Maybe KNVB is right, the FVSL is fukced up!:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Rangers joining the league will be great…and WHEN they do, it will be Friday nights at NAP.

Coach, you’re forgetting one very important rule of TTP: if Rangerforever is keeping hush on a rumor, the rumor is a lock to be true. Much like KNVB is a cnut, Reccos likes small boys, Guinness is gay, and Dude is a great looking guy with cool hair. All TTP trueisms.
;)

I’ve always thought Saturday games would be ideal, but I think it conflicts too much with youth soccer, in that a lot of players also coach. That said, I still think the Friday night thing is great. 8:00 starts across the board would be best. Who cares about the novelty thing? It makes the division unique.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude

But don't you actually have to a GOOD player to make those comments, Dud, err Dude.

:p

PS: if you didn't say that you were good looking in your list of truisms (how did you ever find that word in your dictionary), maybe your truisms might have sounded truer. :p

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude, it's only 'somewhat' unique is it happens all the fcuking time. It's gay and so are you. Fcuk off.

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The div 1 league is a very competative league,even more so with the storm and lions on board

Are they in Div 1? How come they are not in the Premier? How did they get to move from CAT to Div1 while other teams have to make it through promotion from the lower divisions?

I don't understand how you can sign only 15 players to div1 when you cannot bring players down from CAT or Premier? What about a CAT team?
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0