Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fraser Valley Summer League

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey, are there any players from the Fraser Valley Summer League on TTP. This year there are only two divisions A and B. Our team, Abbotsford United is in A. Give a hoola back if anyone is playing in either division. Should be very competive in A.
"I'm the Greatest" (the Cat)

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley

Gurps,

Yes I play in that league for Langley in the A Div. We are playing out at EX. park on Tuesday but don't know who it is against. Could it be your team?

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
FVSL-LAngley

Yeah, I think we play you guys on Tuesday at Exhibition Park. Should be a good game. We have lots of skill, but like the saying says, too many chiefs, not enough Indians. Abbotsford AIA reserves are in the league. They should have a good team. We play them next week.

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley 7 vs Abbotford 1

Sorry Gurps not enough skill on your team to compete against us. You guys are pretty lucky that we played a real shitty game or the score would have been alot worse. Your PK was really the only good scoring chance you had. After I scored on on uor PK we really opened up the game with Dean slotting 3 Chris getting 2 and Kenny finishing it off at the end of the game. Don't worry though your not the only team we score that many goals on, and just to let you know, we've won this league 4 times and lost once in the finals in the last 5 years.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LAngley

Yeah we played pretty bad. Our problem was half our starters were missing yesterday. We basically used players from our "B" team. Hopefully, when we are at a full roster, we can give you guys a better game. We had four Vancouver Metro Premier and div 1 players missing. Hence, the obvious lack of organization.
Oh well, maybe next time

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Demoltion

Hey, I just remembered something. We palyed you guys in the final of FVSL summer league last year. You guys beat us 3-1. That was a much closer game. With all of our starters back, we should be better than what we were last year.

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver Metro Premier and div 1 players missing.

So who are the guys that you were missing?. It would be interesting to know who they are. Maybe they play in the VMSL with some of our summer league players?
JUst be happy with the result you had as you could see we only had 2 subs and were also missing players:D

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Demolition

Come on Demolition, when the game was suppose to start in 2 mins, and we did not even have the nets up or were even dressed, it had to be obvious that we were lacking players. We called guys from our B team that were eligible to play. Some of them had just come to watch. You see, last year, we entered basically that same team you guys played in the C division. What ended up happening was ou players from Vancouver(including myself) ended up showing up to alot of games. Hence, we made it to the A final. This year, under the assumption the same players would all show up, we entered A. However, it has been difficult so far for us to get everyone out. This being the summer league, alot of guys don't take it serious. If we knew we would have trouble getting out our guys from last year, we never would have entered the A division. So, hopefully, we can start getting everyone out and playing to the level we are capable. As a side note, we play AIA next week, and no offense, but I think they probably are the best team in the Divison. They are a Pacific Coast League Reserve team. Have you seen them play or heard anything about them? I hope we have all of our guys for that game:eek:

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Come on Demolition, when the game was suppose to start in 2 mins, and we did not even have the nets up or were even dressed, it had to be obvious that we were lacking players.

Well untill myself and one other player showed up had just enough to feild 11 at game time. Once we are able to feild a full team there really shouldn't be any competition for us in this summer league. You can take that statement any way you like, you may think I'm being ****y but I think that we have the right to do that with our reputation in this league. The only team that ever game us any trouble on a consistent basis was Mission Athletics ( there were some incredible games between us) and unfortunately they are not in the league this year.
Yes you guys did play us in the finallast year, but only because the playoff format was fcuked. All of the teams in the A division had to play each other in the first round which in my opinion is flawed. The A Div teams should have played off against the B and C teams first and son on from Highest playing lowest, and if a lower div team wins then they deserve to be there, but 2 of the A Div teams were already knocked out by the other 2 A teams giving the lower Div a better chance at the final.
BTW: Have fun against AIA, they will probably score just as many as we did on you guys.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you guys are such a good team, and have no competiton, why don't you enter a different league? Go enter the knights league or the Burnaby summer league. From the way you sound, you make it sound like you guys are the best team in all of the lower mainland. This is a summer league. Have the people do not even it take it serious. If you want to be ****y, why not step it up a notch? That is because you know the level of competion in this league is low, and you would be crushed playing in any other league:D Yeah, you guys beat us, but I still say we have a good team with all of our players playing. Like I said earlier, we dont know who will show up. However, no excuses. You guys beat us. What still doesnt make sense though is that to better yourself and better your team, why not enter a higher level of play? I guess there are no teams out there that are good enough to play you guys. Are you guys this ****y in the winter. Just curious to know how well you guys do in your winter league. By the sound of it, you guys must be at the top of your league. And as for the format last year, we did not design it. Further, we beat the best team from B. Simple as that. You are right though, the A sides should have played the B sides first. Still, we made it far, and only lost to you guys 3-1. You guys are pretty good, beating a team from the C division 3-1.;)

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
FVSL

Its been fun jiving back and forth with Demo, but arent there any other players from the summer league out there? Demo, I think we need to play some new games this week so we have something new to talk about. This talk about us sucking and you guys kicking our ass is getting a little boring. Who do you guys play this week? Any thoughts on the other teams?

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I really don't know how many summer guys in our league are on here?
We are suppose to play Cascade tonight but I just got home from work and have to miss this game.
I'll respond to your other reply later.

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps,

As to your question on why we don't play in a higher calibre league with this team? The answer simply is that most of some of our guys do play in the Knights league and other summer league teams that do not play on Tuesdays so that leaves room to fit a team into this league( when all our players show up)
In the winter league this team is broken apart into different leagues and teams in Vancouver and the Valley.

Hey Maldini, is BK and poslka going to come out this year?? Just reply here instead of phoning me with your answer!! :rolleyes:

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cascades

Demo, how did you do against Cascades? Are they a good team? Are schedule is so that we play on every day of the week. I.E. Somedays Tuesday, next week Monday. If we could get all Tue. games it would be good because then, yeah, players can play in other leagues as well as play from other leagues. I dont know why this year they staggered the days. Do you guys only play on Tuesdays?

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't play last night as I got home from work to late to get out to abbotsford, but as soon as I find out how we did and a report on this team I will let you know.
Yes all of our games are on a tues except for Thurs June 6. We play on tues and thurs that week.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thursday Game

Demo, we played the AIA reserve team last night. We lost 4-2. AIA controlled most of the first half, but we played much better in the second, actually outscoring them in the second half. They are a good team. Our goalies got hurt in the first five minutes, but we had no one to replace him(due to a fukcing poor showing again) so he had to keep playing. The guys on AIA couldn't believe we left him in. So, he let in a few soft goals early, goals that could have been the difference between a loss and a tie. Oh well, we played well and look forward to the pylons next. They are a Langley team, any thoughts?

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I finally got some info on the game against cascade. If you guys did that well against AIA then you should do pretty well against these guys. Our team lost 5-2, they started the game with 10 players couldn't finish and by the time they had a full team the game was out of reach. That's all I can tell you, as that is all I was told about this game.

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langlye vs Rangers

This game ended in a 5-0 win for us, but really should have been an even bigger blowout. This game wasn't even close from the start. A great game a 3 goals for Pepe who I brought out from my Italian League club to make sure we had numbers.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Demo, the last two games have gone alright for us, with one win and one tie. The tie should have been a win. Last night, we finally had all our guys out and won 3-1 against I dont even know who. The score should have been like 8-1. I don't even know why they are in this league. I am just glad we are finally settling done and getting a full roster. Next up Arsenal. Played them yet?

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley 3 vs Arsenal 2

My team just played them tonight (another damn game that i had to miss:mad: ). Just talked to one of our players and we won the game by a very flattering score for Arsenal. Apperantley we missed way to many sure goals.
We play Islanders next on thursday and I will be at this game ( I hate having to miss games).

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts