Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Allstars Fraser Valley allstar sellections

Status
Not open for further replies.

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's the score on the Fraser valley allstar situation.
The league has asked that myself and Gary Moody take the team this year. Gary has been involved before, but for me it's my first kick at the can. Gary and I will be responsible for sellecting 18 players to represent the Valley against the VMSL allstar team.This game is confirmed, however the league is currently pursuing a friendly against the Whitecaps, as well as a couple PCSL teams. The venue for the clash between the FVSL and VMSL will be at Towncenter in coquitlam.

Dates for training, and games haven't been nailed down yet. The training facility will be at Newton Athletic park. When the team has been finalized players will be notified by a league rep ie Peter Thomas or Bobby Brown.
I urge all players that are sellected to get involved. I personaly believe we have the talent here to do well. I have played in both leagues for a number of years, but I played in the valley first. I am very proud of our league and the way it is run. I would like to prove once and for all that we are not a second rate league, and that the best players in the valley can compete with the best from Vancouver.
This game is good for our league and the development of our players, it also gives younger players something to aspire to. We are not asking for a huge commitment here, and I'm sure we will have a laff;)

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't be shy

Come on then lads, some banter and suggestions for the love of God:p

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cainy: Rangerforever is in. :p

My only suggestion for your selections is you look past the Premier Division and consider the lower divisions' talent. ;)

No one in particular

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No worries mate

The Rangers will not be over looked biggin. We could use a tall experienced Dman and a midfielder/forward;)

Yankee

Jan 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
whew

I was a little afraid Sid was really going to run this thing. I'm glad a seemingly class act like Cainy is involved.

Although the VMSL has better talent, the FVSL can put together a pretty strong squad to compete.

Good luck boys.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
class act!!??

Originally posted by Yankee
I'm glad a seemingly class act like Cainy is involved.

Are you kidding me!? This guy Cainy......sounds like a bit of a donkey to me. Who decided to give him the reins!? ;)

skipprettysurehesnotgettingalookanyway

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
reword

Originally posted by Yankee
the VMSL has better talent

Yankee,

I would say the VMSL has MORE talented players, but not neccessarily better talent. The match was a close affair last year by most accounts, and I'm sure this year will be the same.

Go you Fraser Valley Animals!!!

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
clarification

Guinness,

All I'm saying is that when you match up the best 11 FVSL players against the best 11 VMSL players, it'll be a good match. Obviously, there is a higher percentage of "quality" players in the VMSL, and perhapse a higher average level of player quality when compared to the FVSL. That doesn't take away from the fact that there ARE great players who choose to play in the FVSL.

Does this clarify my point for you fella?......if not, try looking at the screen through a pint of freshly drawn Guinness. ;)

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Donkey?

That's fcuking lovely skip, one more comment like that and I'll strip you of your captaincy:eek:
As for Guinness well,..... blow me!:mad:

Yankee

Jan 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, who's on the team???

Cainy, any word on the selections yet? I'm curious as to how this will break down.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Being a lowly Div 1 VMSL'er I would say that you will be hard pressed to beat the VMSL's best.........but since they decided to pick a team that has at least 3 players ( and there best ones no less) unavailable for these games, you lot should have a good shot at doing well!

Good luck to both teams, I would enjoy watching the game.

John

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
update

so the notifications have been sent out, and apparently the response has been good. We are hopeing to get together in mid june for some training, mostly innersqaud stuff. The game against the vmsl allstars is a go, date hasn't been nailed down but it is going to be a ways off yet.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
John

Are you making excuses for the VMSL team already in case the FVSL team wins?

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
the picks

Cainy,

How were the players picked for the team? Your personal selections or did the coaches pick or ???

Just curious?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's taking so long because Cainy can't seem to find 11 good players. They're all in the VMSL now. :rolleyes:

You can't make chicken salad with chicken shite.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by knvb
They're all in the VMSL now.

Who are they that you talk of knvb. Players don't start careers in the Valley, that is where careers end and players are put to pasture, in more ways than one.

HOSplayinginValleynextyear:rolleyes:

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know the 'Allstar' keepers selected? If the keeper from TP got selected on past years and reputation, thats crap. Cause he or anyone from TP should not be selected. If so, they might as well grab a couple of thumpers from Aldergrove.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts