Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fortius Shutting Down

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Seems weird how this couldn't be sustained through Government bailouts of some sort?

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There could have qualified with revenues down for the federal wage subsidy program but if you have no customers that doesn't work. It's firms that can operate (manufacturing) with a 30% or more drop in revenues that benefit from that program. There is also the $40K loan which business can keep $10K, if they pay the other $30K back.

Until full sports come back I suspect it's not viable. Not sure of the cost structure but if you have a CEO etc, that is not cheap.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's a fantastic facility, right down to a high end restaurant / kitchen, and hotel amenities for travelling teams. I spent a lot of time there over a three year span as my son's cycling team was title sponsored by Fortius. He was there once / week in the offseason training, and while he was there, I'd be training in their indoor Power training studio. Saw @Gurps there all the time! This was Celebrini's vision, and yes, I hope it gets resurrected. @Regs, I think the overhead was simply too big. It is still relatively new, and I'm sure it was a big burner on financing costs. Too bad the Caps are already married to UBC. Bloody hell, you see them more often than not at Fortius anyways!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0