Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Floro Goodbye

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
wonder if he is getting a raise in salary while he is interim head coach? Maybe he is doing it for his assistant coach salary in order to pad his resume? Regardless, CSA is saving a few bucks by appointing him or another current staffer as interim HC instead of bringing in someone new.
Some people said that he got the assistant coaching job with the CSA because he could speak spanish and floro needed an assistant who could translate for him.
Have to give him credit for his perserverance.

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do players still count as professionals if they're not getting paid to play? Because I assume Unattached FC doesn't pay anything, and there's a few lads in the Canadian national team pool who show up with that affiliation :(
wonder if he is getting a raise in salary while he is interim head coach? Maybe he is doing it for his assistant coach salary in order to pad his resume? Regardless, CSA is saving a few bucks by appointing him or another current staffer as interim HC instead of bringing in someone new.
Some people said that he got the assistant coaching job with the CSA because he could speak spanish and floro needed an assistant who could translate for him.
Have to give him credit for his perserverance.

I don't think the reason he got the Assistant Coaches job was because of his ability to speak Spanish.
I'll let others on here offer their opinions as to why he was hired.
I don't think it was for his experience, or, track record, coaching youth teams either.
I'm not sure what success he has had with any of his teams, does anyone on here have any idea?
The Assistant Coach hiring was a surprise to many, but this comes as a shock, well, maybe not.
Thoughts?????

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do players still count as professionals if they're not getting paid to play? Because I assume Unattached FC doesn't pay anything, and there's a few lads in the Canadian national team pool who show up with that affiliation :([/QUOTE

Here is a quote from Toronto Sun writer.

"Always shake my head when ex-Canadian internationals talk about what THEY did in the 80s to make a World Cup. Qualifying was a joke, folks."

What chance have we got, when people writing about our game comes out with crap like this?
In 1986 only 1 team from CONCACAF qualified, as Mexico was the host nation with an automatic berth.
Now, 3 teams qualify.
The players that played for Canada were all at pro clubs. We didn't have "unattached" players then.
I can only think of 1 current player that would have made that squad. Ateba.
The media in Canada are really clueless. They just don't get it.

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Geez, if all it takes is to be able to speak Spanish, why didn't I get a call, too?

Puta madre!

Here is a quote from Toronto Sun writer. @KURTlarSUN on Twitter.

"Always shake my head when ex-Canadian internationals talk about what THEY did in the 80s to make a World Cup. Qualifying was a joke, folks."

What chance have we got, when people writing about our game comes out with crap like this?
In 1986 only 1 team from CONCACAF qualified, as Mexico was the host nation with an automatic berth.
Now, 3 teams qualify.
The players that played for Canada were all at pro clubs. We didn't have "unattached" players then.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here is a quote from Toronto Sun writer. @KURTlarSUN on Twitter.

Now, 3 teams qualify.

@trece verde speaks Spanish very well. We can vouch for him.

I mean no disrespect. I really would like that you explain the following:
a) Subsequent elimination to Guatemala.
As for the 1986 Qualification, I truly would like that you explain the subsequent elimination to Guatemala in a PRELIMINARY round. The players were essentially the same, if anything they even had the World Cup experience.

b) Civil and Regional Wars in Central America
Are you aware that during the 1986 qualification process El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Guatemala, and Costa Rica were in the middle of internal and border wars? Do you truly think that their national soccer teams were not affected? (Hint: people get killed or disappeared {players, coaches, staff}, international games get cancelled, local leagues get suspended, etc).

c) Kick and Run campaign.
Many of the games during the 1986 were won at as result of corner kicks, free kicks or kick and run tactics.
Do you think that the 1986 team was truly outplaying the opposition? where is the evidence? It might worked once in 1986, but it usually does not work once the other teams figure out this. Could the 1986 team play any other style than just defense and be opportunistic?

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
We all sincere respect. I do not thin that you any idea of what was going on in Central America during the 1986 World Cup campaign. We are talking millions of people displaced, hundreds of thousands of people killed or dissapeared. Players, coaches, administrators, were simply not focus of playing soccer. In some instances, players did not were provided with even uniforms or balls. Their minds were on the war. I include some videos so you might realize the scale of the conflicts there.
Canada was lucky that all the competitiors were essentially handicapped with the most brutal armed conflict in the Western Hemisphere.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
images

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We got our asses handed to us today :(

wrong side of a 4-0 result vs Morocco.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Piss poor defending! Shocking at times. Actually, poor poor in lots of areas. Only one thing to blame...grassroots soccer in Canada! Not the coaches that these guys have had for years over in Europe! :rolleyes:
Morocco is not a bad team with lots of soccer history. They are not easy to beat.
I would tend to disagree when it comes to blaming the players. The loss on this game has more to do with the lack of strategy and organization, which means that is the fault of the coach. You could see many times the players unsure of how to press or mark the other players. There was no clear plan or objectives both in defense or attack.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Goal number one: nice marking, guys...
  • Haber is too slow
  • Ricketts can't hold onto a ball
  • Edgar with the flying chicken wing gives up a penalty.. oh great.
  • Osorio missing a gimmie
  • De Jong with a piss-poor free kick
  • Tissot means "headless chicken" in French
  • James wtf was that?
Not a great effort at all...

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Goal number one: nice marking, guys...
  • Haber is too slow
  • Ricketts can't hold onto a ball
  • Edgar with the flying chicken wing gives up a penalty.. oh great.
  • Osorio missing a gimmie
  • De Jong with a piss-poor free kick
  • Tissot means "headless chicken" in French
  • James wtf was that?
Not a great effort at all...
All of the points that you make are very accurate.
From my perspective, they were created by lack of defensive organization and hesitation in the midfield and the first line of confrontation. For example, the first goal started when the midfielder had enough time to pick a good long pass without any pressure. They were confused and allowed the midfielder to make the initial long penetrating pass.

The same with the second goal. There was no pressing and the long ball put them in 1 v 1 situation with ease.

I agree that Edgar had a poor decision with the arms, but his position was already off. The same in the last goal. All of those should have been worked by the coach (where to be when the cross is about to land). Anyway, I am quite upset by this game. You know it seems that the rest of the world keeps going up and we seem to go backwards.

Even at the local level, Division 1 seems easier now than five years ago. In addition, watching youth play in the weekends; it just seem that the new generations are less coordinated (perhaps the influence of technology).

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
All of the points that you make are very accurate.
From my perspective, they were created by lack of defensive organization and hesitation in the midfield and the first line of confrontation. For example, the first goal started when the midfielder had enough time to pick a good long pass without any pressure. They were confused and allowed the midfielder to make the initial long penetrating pass.

The same with the second goal. There was no pressing and the long ball put them in 1 v 1 situation with ease.

I agree that Edgar had a poor decision with the arms, but his position was already off. The same in the last goal. All of those should have been worked by the coach (where to be when the cross is about to land). Anyway, I am quite upset by this game. You know it seems that the rest of the world keeps going up and we seem to go backwards.

Even at the local level, Division 1 seems easier now than five years ago. In addition, watching youth play in the weekends; it just seem that the new generations are less coordinated (perhaps the influence of technology).

do you think if they played an illegal player they would have won?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0