Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier First month surprises

Biggest surprise?

• Firetown

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Clan

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Trollers

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • KNVB with 4 goals

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Larsson leaving another team

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who knew Clan would have 0 points or that Firetown would top Side A?

What is the number 1 biggest shocker after the first month in the Premier division (other than HOS)?

There are many stories so far to talk about but for myself, I think the biggest surprise has to be Firetown. A close second would be the overall quality of the league... parity can be good but not at the expense of quality... we've all been shocking in that department I think.

Cheers,

~Regs.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Although I agree with Regs the Firetoons are a big surprise I'm also not really that surprised to see a big surprise. Did anyone understand that? I'm not surprised.

There always seems to be a few teams to come flying out of the gates and taking advantage of less organized and less fit squads. Take Argentina and the toons two years ago and Khalsa last year. This year it's Firetowns turn I guess. Christmas comes and their wins will start to dwindle when teams have a little more to play for (ie provincial spots) besides just fitness. I think the amount of goals being scored will start to drop in the next couple of weeks as well, unless of course HOS is in net.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb with 4 Goals

Even Lost Wages would give you 1000-1 on this guy scoring that many in the first month. After watching him last night, his best move was taking off his shirt and helping out an injured Sumner.

Don't want to stir up the pot in the Surrey Camp:rolleyes: , but what is with Smiles getting benched right before Nationals, now that is a Surprise.

hos

What about YBK, he has been dangerous in all of the Wolves games, he could be the next burnt toast.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you had a back up that good you'd get the night off once and while too. Scratch that, if you had a back up that good you'd get the rest of the season off.

Don't worry about Smiles he be back.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temperature at Nationals

Surrey Temperature Conversion Chart
> Canadian Temperature Converstion Guide
>
> +15 C = Vancouverites try to turn on the heat. Surrey residents plant gardens.
>
> +10 C = Victorians shiver uncontrollably. Surrey residents sunbathe.
>
> +5 C = Italian cars won't start. Surrey residents drive with the windows down.
>
> zero C = Distilled water freezes. Surrey residents water gets thicker.
>
> -5 C = Torontonians wear coats, gloves, and wool hats. Surrey residents throw on a T-shirt.
>
> -15 C = Quebecers begin to evacuate the province. Surrey residents go swimming.
>
> -20 C = Toronto landlords finally turn up the heat. Surrey residents have the last cookout before it gets cold.
>
> -25 C = People in Vancouver cease to exist. Surrey residents lick flag poles.
>
> -30 C = Calgarians fly away to Mexico. Surrey residents throw on a light jacket.
>
> -40 C = Hamilton disintegrates. Surrey residents rent some videos.
>
> -50 C = Mt. St. Helen's freezes. Surrey girl guides begin selling cookies door to door.
>
> -60 C = Polar bears begin to evacuate the Arctic. Surrey Boy Scouts postpone "Winter Survival" classes until it gets cold enough.
>
> -80 C = Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. Surrey residents pull down their earflaps.
>
> -100 C = Ethyl alcohol freezes. Surrey residents get frustrated when they can't thaw the keg.
>
> -200 C = Microbial life survives on dairy products. Surrey cows complain of farmers with cold hands.
>
> -300 C = All atomic motion stops. Surrey residents start saying "Cold 'nuff for ya ?"
>
> -400 C = Hell freezes over. Surrey United win the Nationals.

Hope it doesn't get too cold back east for you boys.

hos

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought I smelled toast.

Geez, you really got me with that one. How in the world did you come up with such wit all on your own? Must have had a brain storm party with john and some BBY lads. Well done guys. :rolleyes:

Cookie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well KNVB we certainly have had a good start but I think that many of the problems that other teams are facing we ourselves are facing as well. We too are unfit and we too are unorganized at times. We are ironing out our problems just like any other team. One area where we may be a little different though is that we are still waiting on players to rejoin our team. Adding Nial, Skinner, JJ, and possibly Steve Mcauley who has signed could possibly bolster our roster. Before you say anything about where those guys will be at cup time trust me we are aware of that issue. So while i am pleased that our good start is a surprise i feel that even after Christmas when we have ironed out some of the same issues that other teams have that we will still hopefully be a threat.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cookie, :rolleyes: , I'm not saying you won't be. I'm simply making the point or at least trying to anyway, there always seems to be a surprise team to start off with and after Christmas they're not winning like they were. Whether you guys falter or not isn't really the point. I think when we start the year most everyone, including myself, expects to see the likes of Peg, Westside, BBY, and Slurrey :D on top of the tables not Firetown (can't get use to that name) or Trollups.

I do fully expect HOS to still be lit up like a Christmas tree still come April and May though... :knvb:

Red Dragon

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
As was probably stated many times before COOKIE...it will be good for your team to get those guys, but what will happen come Provincials when they all leave again? Your team is doing well so far which leads us to believe you guys will be around without the "supestars". Will the rest???

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

knowone

Aug 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
though this month has seen the unseen(knvb with 4)
the season is still almost like summer league. wait til the
muck arrives and then all will be back to normal:)
...except maybe our goals against:eek:

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The biggest suprise to me is how bad the teams in Premier are. There use to be a time where you could actually watch some nice soccer in a Premier game. Now it's all kick, run and slide tackle. Passes are chest high, crosses are lobbed in and the enterprizing 'square pass' that Regs made famous seems to have disapeared from the game (Except when Regs plays).

Surrey United are Ugly, Burnaby are boring, Peg are dumb, Inter are on drugs, Westside are gay, Indo are drunk, Clan just plain sucks, Columbus are lazy, Sporting smells funny, Khalsa are terrible, Trollops are useless, Sapperton are knobs, Firemen are shite and Metro-Ford are still a bunch of fcuking assholes.

That's all I have to say.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The biggest surprise of this season is that nobody has come up with an official name for the Firefighters/Sportstown team, and we're already a month along. For shame, dedicated TTPers. Here are my suggestions.

SportFire
FireTown
SportFighters
FighterTown
Toontown is Burning
Flaming Pinks
Team Broke, Send Money
La ciudad de los deportes se arde
The Conglomerate of Teams Formerly Known as Sportstown and Vancouver Firefighters (TCOTFKASAVF) - this one might be a bit nightmarish for the embroidery shop...

These are gold. I should start a poll.

Cookie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sensei i think that you are missing an obvious one like Fireboys. I personally like that one myself. I agree with CDK that the qaulity of the prem isnt all that great currently, but my question for him is is the 1st div where Croatia plays any better? Red Dragon as far as players leaving us perhaps not all of them will be leaving come spring. I dont know who knows spring is so far away still........

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now it's all kick, run and slide tackle. Passes are chest high, crosses are lobbed in

You could be getting this confused with the current Croatia team, especially when they're down a goal. Yes, Croatia beat us but it certainly wasn't convincing against a badly depleted Club Ireland side.

Cookie, I haven't seen a premier game yet but the quality of the div. 1 sides has been average on our side. I haven't seen a team who will run away with things, like Indo/Firemen and Clan did last year. Congrats on your start by the way.....

CaptainwhoisworriedaboutCDK'sviewsonreality

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
kokanee joke of the day

the kokanee joke of the day is the v.m.s.l SOCCER PREMIER LEAGUE

personally the whole league is fcuking terrible football, the CAT league is useless as tits on a bull,with teams just filling their CAT teams up with numbers,for instance look at the once mighty ford,they are rebuilding (give me a fcuking break)they are building up a load of load of fcuking shite ,I personally dealt with the WILLIAM & PETER & BRAD situation for on year too long,mmm that whole club is in a shambles,I mean reall shambles,the metro ford GOING NO WHERES !!!!as another page as the WOLVES turn,those guys just need A fcuking place to eat cheesies, and dring pints,not win!! just drink!!!!!!!!!!!!!

these guys ruined my days at BBY with a class act person STEVE MILLER
they blew the last bit of air out of my sails

sorry bby(class act)

cheers

sid

ps I PERSONALLY HOPE THE PEOPLE IN CHARGE AT THE ALL MIGHTY PACK metro" MAY THEY NEVER EAT THE BREAD OR DRINK THE WINE & MAY THEY BE TORMENTED WITH SUCH AN ITCH !!WITHOUT THE POWER TO SCRATCH IT

ps up yours FATTY

:D :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts