Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Final Major: David Duval Side Bet

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
-18 under? This isn't a hairy staplefilled system again is it? I think Blaze posted -17 under in another thread.

Rules?

wolfman

Nov 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
KOHLER, Wis. -- Five years ago at the PGA Championship, they were No. 1 and No. 2 in the world.

It was the last time Tiger Woods was chasing anyone in the world rankings.

On Tuesday, he was guiding David Duval around the front nine at Whistling Straits during an early morning practice round at the PGA Championship. Woods had his left hand around Duval's shoulder, and with his right hand pointed the grip of his driver in the direction of the fourth fairway, located somewhere beyond a million bunkers.

Duval took a big cut and no one flinched. The ball soared into the gray skies down the right side of the 493-yard hole, and the wind gently brought it back to the short grass.

"Fairway," Woods said as if he was giving a progress report.

It was the first time they have played together since the first two rounds of the Nissan Open last year at Riviera, back when Duval's demise was only a rumor.

"As far as the way he's playing, I think he's on the right track," Woods said. "He's hitting some golf shots now that are solid, they are controlled. And the cool thing about him, you could see the excitement level is back.

"He will get back," Woods said. "There's no doubt about it."

There have been plenty of reasons to doubt Duval would return to the level that brought him 13 victories, including The Players Championship in 1999 that took him to No. 1 in the world, and a British Open title in 2001 that cemented his status as one of the best in the game.

Not many could have imagined that silver claret jug would be the last of his PGA Tour victories.

Five years after Duval was No. 1 in the world going into the '99 PGA, he has plunged to No. 512.

He is newly married, happier than ever and realizes there is much more to life than chasing around a little white golf ball, all the more reason to believe his best days on the golf course are behind him.

And then there was Shinne**** Hills.

Duval ended his seven-month break from the PGA Tour at the toughest test in golf, but he looked like a ceremonial golfer at the U.S. Open. He shot rounds of 83-82 and smiled his way around the course, the kind of golf expected out of 75-year-old Arnold Palmer, not a 32-year-old entering the prime of his career.

"I enjoyed being out there," he said at Shinne****. "All in all, I would call it an enormous victory."

But there was something different about Duval on Tuesday, his first trip around Whistling Straits. His tee shots were long and relatively straight. The applause he heard was not from fans just happy to see him, but fans impressed by shots that stopped so close to the pin.

wolfman

Nov 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Upon review of my stupid post of -18, I will change my score to +18.

So we have Blaze at +14, and KNVB at........

Rules....I'll make them up as we go!

350 Tokens on the line

wolfman

Nov 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We have four TTP'rs in: Winning Prize 1025 Tokens (25 Tokens for Admin fee)...lol

Wolfman at +18
Blaze at +14
KNVB at +17
and the Captain at +6

David has not teed off.

Tiger is plus 2, Birdie, double, bogey, bogey, birdie....wow

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thats the Duval I know and love. 77 yesterday and his +4 over today for a +9 total. If I'm not going to win the overall pool (or PGA for that matter) I may as well get a shite load of tokens....

What does he have to be at +12 for me to win? No more than +11 for Captain to take it?

wolfman

Nov 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
David could always finish double, double, double & double for me to win....

Well, Im off for the weekend, will settle my tokens debt on Monday.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
was just going to say... +12 thru 15. :D Come on Double, double - PAR!

If it’s wrong to take so much pleasure on someone else’s misery I don’t want to be right.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts