Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FIFA WYC Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's my predictions for the group stage:

Group A: The clog-wearing flatlanders and the brilliantly named (if you're a shite footy player) Socceroos from down under to go through. I've never been in Benin but I hear its great this time of year.

Group B: The Turks and the sausage eaters (no, not KNVB and his friends but Ukraine) to advance. "Go the People's Republic of China Go!" is just too hard to say.

Group C: The rockin' Morroccans and plain old Spain. On a side note, I hear Honduras is Chile in the winter.

Group D: The Squareheads and the Argies to go on. The Yanks of Wank could pull a surprise though.

Group E: I'll pick Italy and Canada to advance at the expense of Colombia. Hey, we've got Columbians on our team too, eh.

Group F: Brazil usually sucks at soccer but I'll pick them anyway as well as Nigeria and their team of the youngest 24 year olds in the world.

Anyone else got some predictions?

revolutionary

May 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like your patriotic pick and I agree with you about Canada going through this group but i hate to inform you, the Columbians absolutely destroyed the Brazilians in qualifying and come in as the CONEMBOL champions and a pre-tournament favorite. The I-ties are ranked 5th in Europe so they will be beatable. And amazingly Syria have 5 players born on Jan 1 1985. Its crazy cool how parents in those countries can do that; imagine one day older and they wouldnt be eligible to play in the tournament! Makes me wish i lived in a country like that, heck im not good enough to play on the Olympic team but I bet I'd make the U15 National team.

Having said that, this is the 24 team format so the top two in every group go through, along with the best 4 3rd place teams. Effectively this means that only 8 teams dont qualify for the round of 16(pretty obvious if you are any good at math), so basically 4 points in your group will guarentee a spot in the round of 16. And from there anything can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts