Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fifa World Cup Semi Finals:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Funny how @Soccer Coach has gone so quiet during this WC. You can definitely call me a supporter of most of CONMEBOL (and CONCACAFF) for the way the game is played in Latin and South America, but both have been so clearly outplayed by the European squads in this WC.

One of the characteristics of Latin and South American players I detest is the playacting, and the lack of honesty. Yes, a lot of European countries are active in the dark arts, but not to the same degree.

Watching France / Belgium, now England / Croatia, both games have been fairly honest, and frankly much more enjoyable to watch. I also appreciated the ref's yellow on Mbappe vs. Uruguay. Need more of those to be shown for playacting.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
If England hadn't been looking to get a foul every time there was contact, they might have done better. Croatia came out hitting them like the Firemen and fortunately had a ref who didn't mind that kind of play. Croatia wanted it more

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia’s two goals pretty much sum up what I was saying about Lukaku. First goal perisic makes a smart run from the blind side and nicks in front of Walker for the goal. Second goal Mandzukic is turned on in the 109th minute, plays for the win off the header and is first to the ball as Stones is caught watching. That’s what Lukaku is still missing.

forest1979

Apr 26, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
well sadly I did get this one right...even though of course I wanted to be wrong! Think that the best side won for sure, and several England players had their worst games of the tournament but then again this was by far the best team they played against. The one amazing thing to me was that England were the younger team...had played less time etc etc and yet as the game went on it was obvious that they were second best in regards fitness. Of course I.m pleased they got this far, but in the cold light of day they lost to Belgium, lost today...and beat the swedes.....never again will the draw favour us like it did this year!! Fancy France to win it....but been wrong so many times this tournament.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Better team won today without question. The Croats were better skilled and had more creativity that lead to ball possession and eventually a key to unlock the door to victory. Modric and Rakitic are two smart, skillful, artful players that I hope are rested enough to make the final a good one. Having a domestic league for these two players to develop enough as creative player to make the jump to the next tier is of huge importance and what England lacked today. Good luck to Franchise and the others in the finals.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree, England has no one like those two...and this may be blasphemy but Croatia has the better striker of the two teams.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree, England has no one like those two

I would disagree, maybe I'm a bit biased being a Gunners fan but before the tournament there was huge debate of wether or not to include Jack Wilshere in the England squad. He's a true playmaker and has the ability to unlock defences with his passing. There is no other player like him on that England team imo.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would disagree, maybe I'm a bit biased being a Gunners fan but before the tournament there was huge debate of wether or not to include Jack Wilshere in the England squad. He's a true playmaker and has the ability to unlock defences with his passing. There is no other player like him on that England team imo.

Shouldn't you be a West Ham fan then...:D

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wilshire has failed to unlock defences in the prem. league...that's why Arsenal are getting rid!!

Too crowded in that role for the Gunners. Ozil and Myki are preferred by the new boss unfortunately. Doesn't change the fact that England don't have a true playmaker. How many goals did England score from open play? Alright then.

forest1979

Apr 26, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wiltshire has played 166 times in the prem league...he has scored 8 goals and has 17 assists....and has for the majority of this time been playing with a successful team. ….now if your idea of a playmaker is to be involved in a goal every 8.5 games.....then there is little wonder you are called a GOONER!!

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You barely know how to use a fkn calculator. How do you get 8.5 games? lol

There's more to playmaking than first and second assists(if they even track second assists that is).

When picking the England team it came down to Wilshere and Delph. Delph had a more successful year by winning the league but also played most of year in the backline.
Delphs prem record:
Appearances 158
Goals 7
Assists 7

Use your calculator for those stats.:D

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am sorry but these guys are not in the same league as the Croatia midfielders, not even close. Henderson for example was completely outclassed. Speaking of the Word Cup semi-final thread.

forest1979

Apr 26, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
ok, gooner, if your playmaker, irrelevant of who he is....is not involved in either scoring, or making the pass, cross, whatever.....can you just briefly tell me what he should do. basically I thought it was simple, defenders...defend...strikers...score, usually in midfield you may have an assortment of a blend but usually at least one playmaker....eg modric, we (England) don't really have one, instead it was hoped that players like Trippier and Young (who I don't rate) would get forward, cross the ball etc....this certainly worked with trippier….but please Wiltshire....tell you what, 2yrs you won,t even remember him....and if he is that good, don't you think that a bigger club would have bought him. ….not a fan of Delph either, but slim pickings.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
basically I thought it was simple, defenders...defend...strikers...score, usually in midfield you may have an assortment of a blend but usually at least one playmaker.

Imo there are a lot more responsibilities for defenders and strikers depending on formation etc. It’s all good, leave it for another thread.

I think we agree that you don’t really have a playmaker. I’m just saying I would have picked Wilshere over Delph.

Jack went back to the club he supported as a kid. Nothing wrong with that. He had interest from Milan earlier in the year which may have been a good move for him. I’d hate to see him at a big club and ride the pine.

All in all a good showing for England. Maybe even overachieved for some people.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts