Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FIFA World Cup 2014 - Brazil

Bigun

Aug 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Grandmother was German... C'mon ze Germans.

Game was not as bad as some made it out to be. Very technical.
Both teams took care of opposing threats. Well organized with little between them. The fan in me wishes one of them had gone for it. Unlikely given the rogering Brazil took the previous day. Feel bad for Ron (Crete) Vlaar. Had a helluva tourney.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the Dutch actually did try to go for it in the OT, in particular when taking RVP out and leaving Krul on the bench.

Robben should have ended it but took one touch too many.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quality. Nice to watch something without Scott Russell piping up and ruining it.

On that note, anyone hear at the end of the match yesterday with him saying 'Germany & Argentina' will square off for the gold medal on Sunday' ??

Give me strength .....

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Classic from the link above:

The union has tried to file football-related law suits in the past, including one which called on the Serie A to be halted following refereeing errors.

It was claimed by the union that the mistakes resulted in people who have paid to watch the match or have a bet on the game being defrauded.

:)

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aside from the foul was a borderline PK, how was that not a RED?

About as clear as it gets, thats a straight red. I imagine the ref didn't want to ruin the game 2 minutes in, in brazil. Arjen Robben for me was the player of the tournament by a country mile. He won't win it and James Rodriguez and a few others have great stats but Robben was the best player on the pitch in 6 of the 7 games. Drew two PK's, set up a ton of chances, magic in my opinion. And on top of that how good was Ron Vlaar, what a tournament from the big man.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed on Robben AND Vlaar!

Going the other way, Oscar should have won a PK in the second half - to be carded for diving there was a joke and a half.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts