Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FIFA World Cup 2014 - Brazil

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With all the controversy over France leading up to the draw... well done FIFA, France with a plum draw :rolleyes:

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
IF...and I mean a really big "if" England do make it out of their group, they play either group C winners or runner ups. None of them really frighten England sooooooooooo...out at the quarterfinals...maybe????

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
How is group G the group of death?

World cups
Germany x 3
Ghana x 0 (never even a semi?)
USA x 0 (never even a semi)
Portugal x 0 (wild card, ronaldo)

Group D
England x1 (top league in world, full of world class talent)
Italy x 4 (finalist in euro, always a contender)
Uruguay x2 (S.American champs, Suarez, cavani)
Costa Rica (are they that much off USA?)

I mean come on.
Ghana, USA and Portugal have never won a thing. Yes prince is decent but comparing to the players England, and Uruguy has is crazy.
Is say USA Ghana and Portugal are very much over rated with you bunch. Please explain how try are stronger then the South American champs and England?
Didn't Costa Rica beat USA not so long ago?
I mean come on.

gametime

Oct 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't really bring in the history of winning world cups. Teams have changed a bit over the last 50 plus years. You go in with that mentality and Spain would have been written off in every contest until six years ago. I just can't wait to see what upsets happen. Best part about the group stages is seeing the nobody's advance.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No real group of death........just a watered down World Cup. Go back to 24 teams. Let's expand to 80 countries next team. #everybodywins #participation

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
No real group of death........just a watered down World Cup. Go back to 24 teams. Let's expand to 80 countries next team. #everybodywins #participation

Why are you always so negative Shamrock, the whitecaps are shite, the world cup is watered down. Do you even enjoy soccer? Do you know what's shite... Highschool soccer is shite, it's such a great memory for the kids. #participation.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Avg fifa rankings per group:
A - 24.25
B - 21.00
C - 20.25
D - 14.25
E - 22.75
F - 24.25
G - 11.25
H - 28.25

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why are you always so negative Shamrock, the whitecaps are shite, the world cup is watered down. Do you even enjoy soccer? Do you know what's shite... Highschool soccer is shite, it's such a great memory for the kids. #participation.

I have to agree here. Bloody hell, it is world cup. 2 players who will go down in the all time greatest players are both playing, and also in great form are a number of others (ratface, Aguero, Ramsey, Lewandowski, Robben and . . .). There really is no group of death, so that means we will either have predictable advancements to the knock out stages, or more likely some major upsets. The South Americans are looking very strong and playing in their back yard and home conditions. This is going to be epic !!

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to agree here. Bloody hell, it is world cup. 2 players who will go down in the all time greatest players are both playing, and also in great form are a number of others (ratface, Aguero, Ramsey, Lewandowski, Robben and . . .).

Ramsey is Welsh and Lewandowski is Polish. Just like Zlatan, they will not be playing in Brazil next summer.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to agree here. Bloody hell, it is world cup. 2 players who will go down in the all time greatest players are both playing, and also in great form are a number of others (ratface, Aguero, Ramsey, Lewandowski, Robben and . . .). There really is no group of death, so that means we will either have predictable advancements to the knock out stages, or more likely some major upsets. The South Americans are looking very strong and playing in their back yard and home conditions. This is going to be epic !!

I can't see Ramsey or lewandowski having great world cups though.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay - good grief. Hung over and not paying attention. I change my stance and now support the Captain. The world cup is going to suck lizard farts. My O40 team could probably take the whole thing. Bahfugbug

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

See above quote..regarding high school soccer, I'm sorry your experience was so shitty. Unlucky. #expandto80teamsforRussia #angles

uniballer

Sep 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why not expand to 120 so Canada might qualify. Our luck Canada would fall to 121 and beyond. At least they might get a match with said High School teams

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So if I had a bundle of great tickets to the WC, and couldn't make the trip down, is there demand for reselling the tickets? What's the best way to sell tickets? I would likely have tickets to all of the games except the finals.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/sto...-on-england-world-cup-squad-for-brazil-051214

I am glad to see AshCole out as well as that ineffective lazy cnut, Carroll. Get a haircut. Combining senior leadership with lots of youth will probably bode well for 2018 if England can keep coming up with solid new blood. But, my guess is they won't make it out of the group stage. Maybe they can get a group deal on tickets for the knock out round with the US players?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0