Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FIFA 2022 World Cup Draw

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Random thoughts:

1) Canada would have been in with France and Denmark had they beaten Panama. Arguably they're better off where they are.
2) Croatia is even older than Belgium, and Modric has been carrying them around anyway. He's 36. That's the game that makes or breaks it - Morocco is a must win and no sure thing at all, and if you take a point off Belgium you're deliriously happy. Facing them first game of the tournament lets them get the nerves out against a team they weren't going to beat anyway.
3) Having said that... our (sorry, family loyalties run deep) back line is about 700 years old - Canada's youth and pace are not the ideal option for Belgium... Davies could give Meunier fits if he's allowed to roam, to say nothing of David in the middle against our ancient CB's. Of course, that assumes Canada has the ball - I don't know who handles De Bruyne in the middle, and Belgium can still counter with lightning speed.
4) Canada actually got super lucky. Had they been pulled any earlier, they'd have been in with Spain, Germany and Japan. As it is, that's the round of 16 opponent unless they get one of the WC spots (assuming those still exist).
5) USA vs. Iran. Fcuking BRILLIANT.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Random thoughts:

1) Canada would have been in with France and Denmark had they beaten Panama. Arguably they're better off where they are.
2) Croatia is even older than Belgium, and Modric has been carrying them around anyway. He's 36. That's the game that makes or breaks it - Morocco is a must win and no sure thing at all, and if you take a point off Belgium you're deliriously happy. Facing them first game of the tournament lets them get the nerves out against a team they weren't going to beat anyway.
3) Having said that... our (sorry, family loyalties run deep) back line is about 700 years old - Canada's youth and pace are not the ideal option for Belgium... Davies could give Meunier fits if he's allowed to roam, to say nothing of David in the middle against our ancient CB's. Of course, that assumes Canada has the ball - I don't know who handles De Bruyne in the middle, and Belgium can still counter with lightning speed.
4) Canada actually got super lucky. Had they been pulled any earlier, they'd have been in with Spain, Germany and Japan. As it is, that's the round of 16 opponent unless they get one of the WC spots (assuming those still exist).
5) USA vs. Iran. Fcuking BRILLIANT.
I'm going to be in Belguim in October! LOL. Can't wait to feel the build-up first hand.

No team is unbeatable, Belgium about as unbeatable as any in the tourney. I don't know that there is an answer for De Bruyne, IMO the best player on the planet right now. Estaqu will have to have the match of his life, and frankly, we need a tactical shift, potentially, here. I don't know that Attiba, as much as I love the man for what he's done for Canada, will be able to hold DB at bay enough to give Estaq freedom to shift off.

Doesn't matter. So stoked, this is going to be fantastic!

USA vs. Iran is super tasty.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
de Guzman just said that Belgium relies on "one or two players"... I'm not sure what he's smoking but I'd like some.

if you're in Belgium, try to get to Bruges... incredible...

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
de Guzman just said that Belgium relies on "one or two players"... I'm not sure what he's smoking but I'd like some.

Might be a bit of a stretch but I dont think hes all that wrong...
Vertonghen, and Toby are both aging, and not a shade on what they were in the past.
Hazard has been on vacation since leaving Chelsea, his brother is hot and cold, add witsel to the past it list. Lukaku can be world class on his day, but can quite as easily be invisible. Then Tielemans, and KDB definitely have the quality to destroy any team in world football.

All in all looking from the outside as someone who's not Canadian I would say it's not all that bad of a group.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not an unfair assessment, although Tim Castagne was knocked out of the Euros on a horror (I thought anyway) challenge, and Jeremy Doku is a an absolute star in the making on the wings. Dennis Praet is another I rate, and Meunier and Mertens are still around... it's an aging group at the top end, but to say they rely on 1 or 2 guys is still I think unfair. And Courtois remains elite between the sticks which never hurts...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Spent 4 days there this past October. Loved it. Love the whole country, in fact.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't believe I'm asking the question....but.....anyone know process in buying Canada tickets?

Fcuk.

I'm considering buying ASAP, then figuring out if I can make the trip over.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't believe I'm asking the question....but.....anyone know process in buying Canada tickets?

Fcuk.

I know a guy. $200 and I'll send you his phone number...

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

Fcuk.

Next Lottery opens Tuesday (Apr. 5) - you have until Apr. 28 to put in your application. Find out on May 31 what, if anything, you get from your application.

Can't do the Hayaa Card (Fan ID and visa into Qatar) or accommodation unless you have confirmed tickets.

Cheapest round trip flights to Doha at the minute running $2600-$3000 (although I saw an absolute milk run the other direction through Malaysia and the Philippines for $2000ish).

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Next Lottery opens Tuesday (Apr. 5) - you have until Apr. 28 to put in your application. Find out on May 31 what, if anything, you get from your application.

Can't do the Hayaa Card (Fan ID and visa into Qatar) or accommodation unless you have confirmed tickets.

Cheapest round trip flights to Doha at the minute running $2600-$3000 (although I saw an absolute milk run the other direction through Malaysia and the Philippines for $2000ish).
TBH, the costs are one of those where I'd bite the bullet and pay the consequences later. I don't have @Rangerforever money, so....

It's the time, TBH. My work travel has kicked up so much all of a sudden, two x 2 weeks trips already this year to Europe. 5 or 6 to the US. The time away from home hits me harder and harder with my 7 year old. I'm dragging her and the missus to Europe for one if not both of those, but there is no way I'm taking them to Qatar.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The flights are a lot cheaper if you go from Toronto - I saw business offerings from $3500 - $4500 return. The other option is to go to Dubai and then travel more locally from there. That also cut down on costs a ton - but this was all on Expedia and all a month or so ago.

I also saw $2000 return in business - direct both ways - to Paris for the CL final. Yesterday. Today the prices have bumped way up. Maddening.

Re Qatar - the hotels are all booked. So I have no idea how that would work but zero chance of any deals.

And then there's the travel visas and covid rules etc... if ever there was a time (Belgium v Canada) for me to go it would be now, but my gut tells me it's not worth the overall hassle...

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re Qatar - the hotels are all booked. So I have no idea how that would work but zero chance of any deals.
You have to have tickets to book accommodation.

The government nationalized it all to prevent price gouging.

That said it is still not exactly cheap...

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts