Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FIFA 2018 Group Stage Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In England’s case today, they wish they were cheaper cunts than they already are! If that’s possible

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF? Yellow cards is a group decider for moving on? That sucks.

What else would you use? Flip a coin? They were dead even on points as well as goals for and against plus they drew head to head. Shitty way to go out but something had to decide it.

This loss was a win for England. Better for the round 16 and quarters

You're not seriously trying to claim that playing Columbia in the next round is more advantageous than playing Japan? Sure the winner gets the winner of Sweden and the Swiss but that will hardly matter to the Brits after they lose to the South Americans...

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was absolutely saying that it’s an easier draw, if they were to advance. Columbia is harder to beat than Japan but haven’t looked all that great apart from 1 game and now James is hurt. England will take car of Columbia’s

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What else would you use? Flip a coin? They were dead even on points as well as goals for and against plus they drew head to head. Shitty way to go out but something had to decide it.

I didn't realize it was the bottom of the barrel but surely something else other than Princess Points is more appropriate.
I thought it actually ranked above other legit stats.
Anyhow, I reiterate - I think it's stupid.
You now start seeing how one side could have received a soft yellow to break the deadlock another getting away without one and boom, unfair advantage IMHO.

Oh, and FYI.
I'm British but Scottish by the Grace of God.
Just sayin. ;)

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
What else would you use? Flip a coin? They were dead even on points as well as goals for and against plus they drew head to head. Shitty way to go out but something had

Why not go by Fifa world ranking to break the tie? I guess that would make to much sense. But what would i know anyway. Im just a dumb pole

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't realize it was the bottom of the barrel but surely something else other than Princess Points is more appropriate.
I thought it actually ranked above other legit stats.
Anyhow, I reiterate - I think it's stupid.
You now start seeing how one side could have received a soft yellow to break the deadlock another getting away without one and boom, unfair advantage IMHO.

Oh, and FYI.
I'm British but Scottish by the Grace of God.
Just sayin. ;)

I think it’s really rare it comes down to fair play to decide winners. And if it does then I’m ok with it. What else could it come down to? Coin toss? Oh, they did that for our Gold Cup Win in 2000 ;)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

That couldn’t possibly happen with this new VAR system. :rolleyes:

A ref could easily make or break a team with cards now, VAR or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0