Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FIFA 2010 World Cup

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have you ever thought of laser eye surgery? Spain didn't attack? The amount of goals isn't always a reflection of how much a team attacks....most teams sat back when they played Spain........Spain didn't sit back and defend. African teams where shite this tournament.......why would it be good if a shite team made it through? Enough of them did. Argentina have an ex-Coke head running the team who obviously has no clue about selecting his best players. Yes, he was ALL about passion but tactics? 4 - 0 loss to Germany? Wake up, Canuckboy. Canada will be in the next World Cup........as ball boys

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently, the AFA are buying Diego's coke :rolleyes:

Soccernet.com said:
Diego Maradona will be offered a new four-year contract to stay on as Argentina coach, the Argentinian Football Association has announced.

AFA president Julio Grondona will meet with Maradona next week to offer him the chance to guide his nation to the Brazil 2014 World Cup after the AFA executive committee determined he remains the right man to command the national team after a respectable showing at the World Cup in South Africa.

Maradona had little coaching experience before taking Argentina on a roller-coaster ride to World Cup qualification. Few gave him any chance of turning his undoubtedly high-quality squad into World Cup contenders but they impressed on their way to the quarter-finals before being humbled 4-0 by Germany.

Grondona intends to meet with Maradona no later than next Wednesday to discuss the contract extension. Maradona said after his side's exit that he would consult his family and the Argentina players before deciding whether he intended to stay on.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's called gamesmenship. This isn't golf with a dress code, I know it is the beautiful game but fukc sakes it's a mans game and the biggest game of these guys career and you need to be ready to do anything to win. Some guys seem to forget that and are so quick to judge. Maradona was ready to use his hand and became a hero. The tackle was harsh but kicking it out where he did was a ploy to distract a team full of pouters. Kind of like when Zaurinni gets in your face and dives on the ground holding his face after he has been pushed in a div.1 game.

Fukc Canada is ranked 100 for a reason because people don't get how much this really means. 300,000 in Amsterdam watching in the street, how many would be on Granville 2000. Van Bommel was fantastic this tourny, if everyone hates you clearly you have made an impact, he played his role to perfection. I don't know where soccer players get this feeling that there is a proper way to play, whatever gives your team the best chance to win is the proper way. Ask the New Jersey Devils if they care they won Ugly or if Scott Stevens takes back his career ending dirty hits.

Some of the shite on here absolutely astounds me! Everyone's entitled to their opiniojn, but fcuk me dead.....gamesmanship?????? First off, don't embarrass yourself by putting Van Bommel in the same breath as Maradona. While I think he is a farce as a coach, he was a ridiculous talent and could do it by himself (see 1986)...and the biggest difference between him and Messi IMO....although the game is a bit different now. Secondly, we all tear a strip off the embellishers in football so why does that make Van Bommel's antics ok? It doesn't take skill to knock someone into next week. The tackle on Iniesta was a straight 'are you kidding me?' red! It was, for me, parallel to De Jong's 'tackle' on Alonso.
Further, if your view was taken by the whole Dutch team, then Van Persie wouldn't have rolled the ball to Casillas after another knock back to the keeper almost went in. Him knocking the ball into the corner just looked bad and IMO was a disgusting display of what he's about. No class!
It's a rule that doesn't need to be spoken of. Players who respect the game and their opponents don't need to be reminded of it. If you don't get that Bulljive, you obviously haven't played enough football in your life! Yes, it's not golf with a dress code but you're missing the point. I can appreciate getting stuck in when you're not out to walk away with an opponent's leg, but the ball to the corner flag was brutal and I think it says enough about the man. Robben aside, I never minded Holland, but I was gutted about the way they went about their football. They can forever be a bridesmaid.
Gamesmanship???? Seriously????? And for the record, I never hated him prior to that game. Do you honestly think he wants to be remembered for that? I highly doubt it. If you think he believes that was him doing his job, fair enough. Again, I highly doubt it.

Canuckboy, football isn't about keeping the ball???? So let's pump the ball up the park and 'GET IT'????????
Give me strength.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not saying thats the way I play but I understand it. It's a huge pressure situation and the whole dutch strategy was take away rhythm, thats what he was doing. If Spain didn't have a pout they could have thrown it in with plenty of space and possesion, no not the classiest of plays but not a big moment in the match.

Fukc man I have played against plenty of defenders stomping on my feet behind the play for 90min, I have had guys grab my balls intentionally. This is in the heat of a recreational amateur soccer game. What I am saying is I get it and a man shouldn't be judged, as they are all doing completely classless things, in the pursuit of victory on such a huge pressure packed staged. What is the difference between that and Ineista diving to get a second yellow for Heitinga. In my opinion that is more classless, you cheated to get a man sent off and later exposed the depleated defence to score the winner.

Where is the line of what is worse, diving has almost become accepted in that people don't like it but really it is a part of game strategy. And I'm not putting Van Bommel in the same breath as Maradona as a talent, does Maradona get a way with being a classless cheat because he was the best in the world.
Van Bommel Remembered for that, I don't think his kick into the corner was a focal point in the game. You can play all the local bush league soccer you want(VMSL premier on down) but you will never get it because you haven't played on such a stage. That is my point I have never been there nor do I dive or kick the ball into the opponents corner, in local soccer. But who knows how such a nobel man like me would respond with the World Cup on the line. I walked away thinking Iniesta is a cheating little twat and a complete disgrace so to each there own I guess. What Iniesta, Ronaldo, Robben do by diving is get scoring opportunites that can change the complexion of the game. I consider that classeless and a disgusting display of what the "beautiful" game is actually about.

Van Bommel, gamesmenship, still get the ball back but a little fukc you, you midget spanish cheating twats on the side. Kind of like Pronger stealing the Blackhawks game winning pucks, gamesmenship. Took a whole course in sport psychology on this and you would be surprised the stuff people do. I apologize for the long retort but I feel you are misinterperting my defence of Van Bommel. He plays an agitator role, and I'm sure had he lifted the cup he wouldn't have regretted a single thing he did in that game.

cheers
Bulljive

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't ask Dancin' Bear what it's like at the highest level on the world stage, he's Scottish for fcuk sakes!

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well said bulljive.
How can anyone jugde a guy in one game.
Spain and the dutch could play 10 times and the result and game would be different every time. It's football. No best of sevens.

Personally, If I were in the world cup final. I would do almost anything to win. Blinding dust under my socks Bloodsport style if it gave me a chance on net.

I've been to Argentina. An maradona is a hero and idol there. Hand of god tshirt being sold everywhere. He cheated for his country. And they don't look down on him for it. If anything he is put on a pedalstal for that moment. He was willing to do anything for his country to win. Anything. I respect that.

You have one chance to play in a world cup final? And you wouldn't battle for every inch on that field? Any given sunday, that speech is amazing. Someone post it.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well said bulljive.
Spain and the dutch could play 10 times and the result and game would be different every time. It's football. No best of sevens.

Personally, If I were in the world cup final. I would do almost anything to win. Blinding dust under my socks Bloodsport style if it gave me a chance on net.

I've been to Argentina. An maradona is a hero and idol there. Hand of god tshirt being sold everywhere. He cheated for his country. And they don't look down on him for it. If anything he is put on a pedalstal for that moment. He was willing to do anything for his country to win. Anything. I respect that.

You have one chance to play in a world cup final? And you wouldn't battle for every inch on that field? Any given sunday, that speech is amazing. Someone post it.

Yes, because that's what he's remembered for....nothing to do with scoring the goal of the century right after it or winning that world cup by himself. Right. I stand corrected.

Battling for every inch of the field I respect. Van Bommel realised that even by battling, he would lose. He resorted to being cheap and dirty. There's a huge difference. Apparently this is lost on you.

Oh, and Regs. We won the Kirin Cup in 2006:D

And we won as much as Holland this year knowing that we're shite.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well said bulljive.

Yes, Maradona was a great player. Van Bommel isn't and never will be. He is a hatchet man and nothing more.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
God I remember some of those balls and the difference between those balls of yesteryear and today's is remarkable. My favorite ball remains the Europass from the Swiss/Austrian European Championship.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The '98 Tricolore was a nice ball as was the '00 Silverstream. The champions league balls are always great and should be the model for all future world cup balls... well, until Adidas loses the contract.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
God I remember some of those balls and the difference between those balls of yesteryear and today's is remarkable. My favorite ball remains the Europass from the Swiss/Austrian European Championship.

... I believe the champions league balls are modelled on the Europass. We use the 09/10 ball in the JBL. Great ball.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
The '98 Tricolore was a nice ball as was the '00 Silverstream. The champions league balls are always great and should be the model for all future world cup balls... well, until Adidas loses the contract.

Nice balls as long as they were new. I found that they lost their elasticity and the shell deteriorated rather quickly whereas some of todays balls are good for 2-3 seasons worth of heavy use.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice balls as long as they were new. I found that they lost their elasticity and the shell deteriorated rather quickly whereas some of todays balls are good for 2-3 seasons worth of heavy use.

Berg,

Game balls should be used for one season and then retired to the training ball bag... do some fund raising ;).

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
do some fund raising ;).

PFC would like to thank Luch for being our first donor for the upcoming 2010/2011 season with his generous gift of TWO (2) Adidas Finale balls.

Regs/KNVB send Luch the invoice and I'll come pick those up tonight :D

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts