Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FIFA 2010 World Cup

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brasil:
Goalkeepers: Julio Cesar (Inter Milan, Italy), Doni (AS Roma, Italy), Heurelho Gomes (Tottenham, England)

Defenders: Daniel Alves (Barcelona, Spain), Juan (AS Roma, Italy), Maicon (Inter Milan, Italy), Michel Bastos (Lyon, France), Gilberto (Cruzeiro), Lucio (Inter Milan, Italy), Luisao (Benfica, Portugal), Thiago Silva (AC Milan, Italy)

Midfielders: Elano (Galatasaray, Turkey), Felipe Melo (Juventus, Brazil), Gilberto Silva (Panathinaikos, Greece), Josue (Wolfsburg, Germany), Julio Baptista (AS Roma, Italy), Kaka (Real Madrid, Spain), Kleberson (Flamengo), Ramires (Benfica, Portugal)

Forwards: Grafite (Wolfsburg, Germany), Luis Fabiano (Sevilla, Spain), Nilmar (Villarreal, Spain), Robinho (Santos)

Think it was a mistake not including Ronaldinho. Neymar too young, Adriano hasn't impressed, but Ronaldinho at the least as a bench player wouldn't hurt, especially with Kaka just coming back from an injury.

I got England and Brazil in Semi Final #1 and Argentina and Spain in the Semi Final #2. With the healthiest teams making it to the final. And i'm leaning toward Spain to win it all if their starting 11 can get healthy before Group stage finishes. Gonna be fun watching.

mikey_c_9

Mar 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah I agree Ronaldinho can unleash some magic now and then, not as often these days but he still has the ability to win a game at international level.

Adriano lost the plot when his father died and almost quit Soccer altogether so no wonder he is left out (Such a shame he had the potential to be an unstoppable-machine).

shite the brazilians have some good goalies!!! Puts England's 3 to shame :)

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here is my team :
Goalies: Ján Mucha ml. (Legia Varšava/Poland), Dušan Kuciak (FC Vaslui/Romania), Ľuboš Kamenár (FC Nantes/FRA), Dušan Perniš (Dundee United/SCO).

Defenders: Peter Pekarík (VfL Wolfsburg/GER), Martin Petráš (AC Cesena/ITA), Martin Škrtel (FC Liverpool/ENG), Ľubomír Michalík (Leeds United/ENG), Ján Ďurica (Lokomotiv Moskva/Russi), Radoslav Zabavník (1. FSV Mainz/GER), Marek Čech (West Bromwich Albion/ENG), Tomáš Hubočan (Zenit Petrohrad/Russia), Kornel Saláta (ŠK Slovan Bratislava, SVK).

Midfielders: Kamil Kopúnek (Spartak Trnava, SVK), Ján Kozák ml. (FC Temešvár/Romania.), Juraj Kucka (AC Sparta Praha/CZ), Miroslav Karhan (1. FSV Mainz/GER), Marek Sapara (MKE Ankaragücü/Turkey.), Mário Pečalka (MŠK Žilina, Slovakia), Stanislav Šesták (VfL Bochum/GER), Marek Hamšík (SSC Neapol/ITA), Vladimír Weiss ml. (Manchester City/ENG), Miroslav Stoch (FC Chelsea/ENG), Dušan Švento (Red Bull Salzburg/AUS), Zdeno Štrba (Škoda Xanthi/GRE)

Útočníci: Erik Jendrišek (Schalke 04/GER), Róbert Vittek (MKE Ankaragücü/Turkey), Martin Jakubko (Saturn Moskovská oblasť/Russia), Filip Hološko (Besiktas Istanbul/Turkey).

I'm hoping we get out of the group as this is our first world cup and having Italy (even though they are gramps) and Paraguay (my dark horse) will be really tough. Guys to watch out for, our goalies, any one of them are really good, Mucha just got signed by Everton and is the pillar of the team. Hamsik is a given, Sestak (bad season with Bochum) but plays really well for the national side he is the top scorer for the team and bochum, Stoch just finished his loan at Twente where he scored 9 goals and is playing really well.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tough one for me....which side of the family to choose???

Is it possiable for France and Portugal to meet in the final?

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Think it was a mistake not including Ronaldinho. Neymar too young, Adriano hasn't impressed, but Ronaldinho at the least as a bench player wouldn't hurt, especially with Kaka just coming back from an injury.

I got England and Brazil in Semi Final #1 and Argentina and Spain in the Semi Final #2. With the healthiest teams making it to the final. And i'm leaning toward Spain to win it all if their starting 11 can get healthy before Group stage finishes. Gonna be fun watching.

they still have 7 more players to announce . Ronaldo has still got it ;)

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
they still have 7 more players to announce . Ronaldo has still got it ;)

Actually I think Dunga named his 23 final roster early. There's the 30 Provisional but then that needs to get cut down to 23 players by June 1st or 5th.

Ronaldo is not that bad either, has had a good run with Corinthians over last couple months. But I've haven't seen Grafite or Nilmar play much, so can't really say Ronaldo would be a better choice over those two.

But I think of all the people not going Ronaldinho would be one to reconsider to take.

On a sidenote, can't believe, Zanetti, Gago, Cambiasso, and Milito were not picked for Argentina. But Heinze goes. I pick a lack of defense Argentina doesn't make it to the final. Spain knocking them out.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually I think Dunga named his 23 final roster early. There's the 30 Provisional but then that needs to get cut down to 23 players by June 1st or 5th.

Ronaldo is not that bad either, has had a good run with Corinthians over last couple months. But I've haven't seen Grafite or Nilmar play much, so can't really say Ronaldo would be a better choice over those two.

But I think of all the people not going Ronaldinho would be one to reconsider to take.

On a sidenote, can't believe, Zanetti, Gago, Cambiasso, and Milito were not picked for Argentina. But Heinze goes. I pick a lack of defense Argentina doesn't make it to the final. Spain knocking them out.

Milito was selected...

Football Italia - the Italian football website for English-speaking football fans

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to say Grafite is actually quite amazing I've watched him in a few games and he is a really good striker... on a side note, Daniel Fernandes was picked as #2 back up for Portugal

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to say Grafite is actually quite amazing I've watched him in a few games and he is a really good striker... on a side note, Daniel Fernandes was picked as #2 back up for Portugal
Really?!?!

I wonder if ANYONE in Vancouver outside of the porkchop community, is going to know this?

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gabriel Milito - Centreback for Barcelona

Be more specific next time ;)... although according to stats, your Milito only made 17 appearances this season. I can't say I saw enough of him to comment if he warranted a spot of the team or not. More of a shocker is the omission of Cambiasso given the great year he has had in leading Inter to a possible treble, regardless of his age. Too bad for him that Lippi isn't his coach as the Italian cut-off seems to be any player over 30 :mad:.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really?!?!

I wonder if ANYONE in Vancouver outside of the porkchop community, is going to know this?
Oh we know... but it is really worth getting upset over and rehashing? Especially now that Begovic is the new turncoat whipping boy (BTW Loved to see Chelski thrash him a few weeks ago! :cool:)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gago Zanetti and Cambiasso were left off the team and likes of JS Veron, Martin Palermo made it!? :eek:

Why not bring Ariel Ortega, Hernan Crespo, and Claudio Cannigia too? Hell Diego himself might as well play too.

These guys don't have a sniff.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, I doubt anyone in Vancouver (not to say Canada) will care much, especially most of the super coaches and scouts that said nei to him.. I was a little surprised though because I didn't think he had much of a season, going on loan from Bochum to Iraklis Saloniki in GRE, I tried to watch as many highlights on footytube and from what I've seen it was not so impressive... than again Portugal never had a strong keeper, I doubt there is anything remotely close to the 3 selected...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
How Domenech keeps his job through the years baffles me.

I thought the FFA would have sacked him after Scotland...

Benzema not on the team is a shocker.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Go England !!!
====================
The History of the Middle Finger

Well, now......here's something I never knew before, and now that I know it, I feel compelled to send it on to my more intelligent friends in the hope that they, too, will feel edified. Isn't history more fun when you know something about it?

Before the Battle of Agincourt in 1415, the French, anticipating victory over the English, proposed to cut off the middle finger of all captured English soldiers. Without the middle finger it would be impossible to draw the renowned English longbow and therefore they would be incapable of fighting in the future. This famous English longbow was made of the native English Yew tree, and the act of drawing the longbow was known as "plucking the yew" (or "pluck yew").

Much to the bewilderment of the French, the English won a major upset and began mocking the French by waving their middle fingers at the defeated French, saying, See, we can still pluck yew!

Since 'pluck yew' is rather difficult to say, the difficult consonant cluster at the beginning has gradually changed to a labiodentals fricative F', and thus the words often used in conjunction with the one-finger-salute!

It is also because of the pheasant feathers on the arrows used with the longbow that the symbolic gesture is known as "giving the bird."

IT IS STILL AN APPROPRIATE SALUTE TO THE FRENCH TODAY!

And yew thought yew knew every plucking thing!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0