Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FIFA 2010 World Cup

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bayern blast at Robben's World Cup injury - Europe - ESPN Soccernet

Bayern Munich have reacted angrily to news that Arjen Robben will be sidelined for eight weeks as a result of rushing back from a hamstring injury to play for Netherlands at the World Cup.

Robben, 26, was injured in Netherlands' warm-up matches ahead of the tournament but was hurried back with the help of a special treatment programme and helped the Dutch reach the World Cup final.

However, the cost of that is now being paid as tests conducted on Tuesday found a tear in the hamstring that was not properly diagnosed earlier.

"It is a clear tear," Bayern club doctor Hans-Wilhelm Muller-Wohlfahrt said. "I find it irresponsible that this was not diagnosed accurately and that Arjen has played with it. I offered several times to help with the diagnosis but was not called."

The injury will rule Robben out of the start of the Bundesliga campaign and the opening Champions League matches.

"This diagnosis after my return to Bayern is a shock," Robben said. "I am very disappointed. The enforced break is bitter for me and the team."

Bayern will now seek compensation from the Dutch federation (KNVB) and have asked FIFA to step in as a mediator if necessary.

"Of course, Bayern Munich are very angry," chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said. "Once again we must pay the bill as a club after a player is seriously injured playing for a national team."

Ouch...Looks like TTP and Soccercity may be losing one of its greats :wa:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
rightfully so...

FC Bayern own this commodity, for him to have been rushed back to play and potentially cause further damage is scandalous.

Arjen Robben is no doctor. If the KNVB told him he could play then they should have to pay.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
rightfully so...

FC Bayern own this commodity, for him to have been rushed back to play and potentially cause further damage is scandalous.

Arjen Robben is no doctor. If the KNVB told him he could play then they should have to pay.

Fine but why is Hleucka a co-defendant? Sure make the Dutch pay for it but don't drag KNVB into it...for god's sake!!! :D

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts