Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FC Dallas trades Kyle Bekker to Montreal Impact for Bakary Soumare

ArticleBot

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FC Dallas trades Kyle Bekker to Montreal Impact for Bakary Soumare

Canadian international midfielder Kyle Bekker is heading home to the true north, strong and free.

FC Dallas announced Thursday it has traded Bekker to the Montreal Impact in exchange for central defender Bakary Soumare.

Bekker, 24, joins Montreal after being bounced over to Dallas earlier in the season by Toronto FC.

“We are happy to bring a young Canadian player to our team who has a lot of potential," said Montreal technical director Adam Braz. "We look forward to having him integrate with our group."

While Bekker might not be pleased at being traded away from his new side so quickly, Soumare has made no secret of his desire to leave Montreal. He was traded just one day after publicly declaring he wanted out at Montreal, citing a lack of playing time.

“I want to play,” Soumare told reporters in Montreal. “I don’t know how long I’ll keep playing. I want to play. It’s true that it’s been a little bit up and down in terms of performance on my part, I understand that. If there comes a time when I think I'm not really needed anymore or I’m not part of the club’s plans anymore, it’s best to go elsewhere."

Montreal head coach Frank Klopas explained the reasoning behind the deal:

“Bakary had asked us to be traded because he was not happy with his playing time. I accepted his request and I am happy that we could find a quick solution which is also positive for the club."

Copyright © 2015 Score Media Ventures Inc. All rights reserved. Certain content reproduced under license.

Continue reading...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bekker wasn't playing much in Dallas either, will be interesting to see how much time he sees in Montreal.

From what I've seen of him, I don't project a long MLS career...

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0